Christianity vs Atheism vs Spirituality

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Christianity vs Atheism vs Spirituality

Post by Pixel--Dude »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
August 24th, 2022, 6:33 am
I've never been interested in religion and always seen it as very unnecessary and archaic. Science demonstrates through evolution and the big bang that no god is necessary for life to develop.
Spirituality and religion are no different from each other and shouldn't of gathered such a large following.
Think about it like this if we removed all knowledge of science and any notions of sky fairies and new age rubbish from our society then eventually we would rediscover forgotten scientific knowledge as time went on.
Fairy tales such as biblical lore and new age philosophy would be forgotten forever as there is nothing scientific to discover about these things.
Like I said it is very archaic and I can't believe in the 21st century ppl are still having this debate
Have you even looked into other religions at least before deciding you were atheist? It seems like you look down your nose at others who are of a spiritual disposition, be it Christian or New Age or whatever, but fail to realise that your religion of anti-religion is also based on complete faith :lol:

For example the two main points you mentioned are typical NPC mundy talking points which don't have much of an empirical basis. Your position hinges entirely on the theories of scientists who serve as the high priests of atheism. The Big Bang Theory. The Theory of Evolution. Atheists always ignorantly assert these things as fact, when in reality there is no reason to be atheist any more than there is a reason to be Christian.

The Theory of Evolution is just a bunch of rubbish made up by the high priests of atheism with the "missing link" thrown in to make their theory make sense. If the link is missing then how do we have any evidence of its existence?!

As for the Big Bang, the whole theory was thrown into the air recently with discoveries made by the James Webb Space Telescope.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci/b ... unked.html
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

Eh?.... Looked into other religions?
Why would I waste my time reading about sky fairies and beardy men sitting on clouds??? I thought we grew out of this shite centuries ago.....
Well I guess you can lead a twit to water but you can't teach it to think....
Bunch of delusional loonies calling men of science unevolved apes.... that's rich....
Profess me this: scientific research is based on things we can observe :mrgreen: this is why I told you ppl that if we removed all human knowledge we would gradually rediscover lost science.
Christians and New Agers would end up worshipping some other made up rubbish like the Easter bunny or the tooth fairy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pixel dude random theory is not the same as scientific theory. We can observe background radiation which serves as evidence to substantiate the theory of the big bang, which is far more empirical than you or any other so called enlightened spiritual being tripping there nuts off on drugs..... yeeesh
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
August 31st, 2022, 4:03 pm
Why would I waste my time reading about sky fairies and beardy men sitting on clouds??? I thought we grew out of this shite centuries ago.....
Bunch of delusional loonies calling men of science unevolved apes.... that's rich....
Profess me this: scientific research is based on things we can observe :mrgreen: this is why I told you ppl that if we removed all human knowledge we would gradually rediscover lost science.
Christians and New Agers would end up worshipping some other made up rubbish like the Easter bunny or the tooth fairy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pixel dude random theory is not the same as scientific theory. We can observe background radiation which serves as evidence to substantiate the theory of the big bang, which is far more empirical than you or any other so called enlightened spiritual being tripping there nuts off on drugs..... yeeesh
What about research into paranormal phenomenon? Near death experiences where people claim they were outside of their body after clinical death and after they were revived they could accurately recount conversations had by surgeons etc? Out of body experiences?

Then there are entheogenic plants which serve as a gateway to spirituality. Indigenous peoples use them all the time to feel close to God. And when I say God I think their God tends to be Gaia or some variation of that.

What about things like ghosts and ghost sightings? All those people druggies and liars as well? I think it is very ignorant to assume that everything started with the Big Bang and formed itself through a series of accidents. The sign of design is absolutely everywhere in nature.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 1:00 am
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
What about research into paranormal phenomenon? Near death experiences where people claim they were outside of their body after clinical death and after they were revived they could accurately recount conversations had by surgeons etc? Out of body experiences?

Then there are entheogenic plants which serve as a gateway to spirituality. Indigenous peoples use them all the time to feel close to God. And when I say God I think their God tends to be Gaia or some variation of that.

What about things like ghosts and ghost sightings? All those people druggies and liars as well? I think it is very ignorant to assume that everything started with the Big Bang and formed itself through a series of accidents. The sign of design is absolutely everywhere in nature.
You are better than that
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 1:02 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:

You are better than that
You atheist as well? Do you have any beliefs at all?
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 1:04 am
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:

You are better than that
Yes I try to believe in my senses. That makes sense right? I try to believe in science. I also believe that everything is possible but I would rather have a proof anyway.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 1:13 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:

You are better than that
Yes I try to believe in my senses. That makes sense right? I try to believe in science. I also believe that everything is possible but I would rather have a proof anyway.
You shouldn't place 100% faith in your senses alone. Your senses can be dishonest. You should try magic mushrooms or ayahuasca to perceive reality in a different way.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 1:40 am
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

You are better than that
You shouldn't place 100% faith in your senses alone. Your senses can be dishonest. You should try magic mushrooms or ayahuasca to perceive reality in a different way.
I don't trust my senses 100%. That is why I said everything is possible. Actually I want to try DMT and mushrooms but it is not available where I live. I am not shure if it is that important. The guys who took it are not much happier anyway.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 2:10 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
galii wrote:

You are better than that
I don't trust my senses 100%. That is why I said everything is possible. Actually I want to try DMT and mushrooms but it is not available where I live. I am not shure if it is that important. The guys who took it are not much happier anyway.
Well, maybe not much happier overall. When I have taken them I have felt really good for around 6 months. They acted as like a negativity detox. I've read examples though where they have completely cured someone's depression and even helped with PTSD.

Even if you don't have depression I would recommend them anyway because they can change your perspective on certain things. There are some websites that deliver to certain countries, but it depends where you are living.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 2:17 am
galii wrote:
September 8th, 2022, 2:10 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

Well, maybe not much happier overall. When I have taken them I have felt really good for around 6 months. They acted as like a negativity detox. I've read examples though where they have completely cured someone's depression and even helped with PTSD.

Even if you don't have depression I would recommend them anyway because they can change your perspective on certain things. There are some websites that deliver to certain countries, but it depends where you are living.
I am quite ok informed about the topic and I follow it. I am in a forum where that is the main topic. At the moment I do not feel the need to risk doing illegal stuff. If I go to Berlin it should be relatively easy I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ychedelics
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I have a hard time actually believing in God but I do try and live somewhat of a Biblical lifestyle. More of an agnostic in terms of actual beliefs though it fluctuates.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 9th, 2022, 6:43 pm
I have a hard time actually believing in God but I do try and live somewhat of a Biblical lifestyle.
Doesn't sound much like it.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2022, 6:51 pm
MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 9th, 2022, 6:43 pm
I have a hard time actually believing in God but I do try and live somewhat of a Biblical lifestyle.
Doesn't sound much like it.
Emphasis on "try"
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 1:10 pm
Sacrifice of animals was common before the times of Jesus Christ, because as Paul said "The wages of sin are death!" People today value different things, but back then people would have valued animals for their food, clothing and financial security. So someone committing a sin would sacrifice one of their valued animals to God to atone for their sin.
There were many other types of sacrifices, but atoning for sins was one of them.

I have been wanting to respond to your post for a long time, but when I saw it, it was too long to respond at that time, and I have a few minutes now. Regarding animal sacrifice in some branches of Hinduism, I don't see that in this post, but I also wanted to respond to that. I think having animal sacrifice in some ways could open up the minds of Hindus or other people-groups to understand certain things when they encounter the Gospel, but I do not agree with their sacrificing to the spirits they sacrifice to, as opposed to the most high God who does not want to be worshipped through idolatry. The other issue is that Christ's sacrifice was for sin and accomplished what the blood of bulls and goats could not.
The reason Christians don't sacrifice animals anymore is because of the substitutional sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Both were means to the same end, which was accounting for sin. Here are 5 distinctions between the two forms of sacrifice:

1. The first important distinction is that when an animal is sacrificed it does not come back to life. It is a permanent loss. If among your flock you had an animal that could bring itself back from the dead, how meaningful would it be to sacrifice that particular animal? How would that even be a loss or a sacrifice if the animal just came back to you after you lost it?
An animal sacrificed is just an animal, though, and not the sinless Son of God, not the Word of God incarnate, not the Messiah. There was more going on than what happened with an animal sacrifice, which prefigured the death of the Messiah. Christ also conquered death.
2. The second distinction is that animal sacrifice was not retroactive like the sacrifice of Jesus. First came sin and then the sacrifice followed. This is true for everyone before the sacrifice of Jesus Christ but not after. It would be shallow and insincere to kill an animal as an insurance policy just in case you sin in the future, or preemptively performing a sacrifice today so you can sin tomorrow. The sacrifice loses its meaning when you can sin with the knowledge that a sacrifice has already been made on your behalf. With the knowledge of the sacrifice of Jesus people know their sacrifice was already made and this can become a consideration for pretty much any sin.
Except the New Testament strongly warns against sinning with such an attitude, especially the book of Hebrews, the same book that describes Christ's sacrifice as 'one sacrifice for sins forever.'
5. Finally, animals were sacrificed to atone for the sin of the person who killed them. A sacrifice must be an intentional act for it to be considered a sacrifice, yet the people who killed Jesus didn't kill him for him to be offered as a sacrifice.
Why do you get the make the rules? The animal sacrifices prefigured what Jesus did, but they are not the same in every aspect.
When someone offered an animal as a sacrifice they intended that animal to be a sacrifice for their sin, in Christianity however it was God who valued Jesus and God who intentionally offered Jesus as a sacrifice. Given what we know about sacrifice this tells us that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ was because God did something wrong and God offered a valued sacrifice to atone for God's wrongdoing. Because sacrificing Jesus would not be a logical way for humans to atone for their sin, but it would be a logical way for God to atone. Jesus never belonged to us, he belonged to God and therefore wasn't ours to sacrifice.
Again, you do not get to make the rules. The Old Testament also predicted the Messiah's death hundreds of years before it happened, for example in Isaiah 53.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
September 13th, 2022, 8:52 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 1:10 pm
Sacrifice of animals was common before the times of Jesus Christ, because as Paul said "The wages of sin are death!" People today value different things, but back then people would have valued animals for their food, clothing and financial security. So someone committing a sin would sacrifice one of their valued animals to God to atone for their sin.
There were many other types of sacrifices, but atoning for sins was one of them.

I have been wanting to respond to your post for a long time, but when I saw it, it was too long to respond at that time, and I have a few minutes now. Regarding animal sacrifice in some branches of Hinduism, I don't see that in this post, but I also wanted to respond to that. I think having animal sacrifice in some ways could open up the minds of Hindus or other people-groups to understand certain things when they encounter the Gospel, but I do not agree with their sacrificing to the spirits they sacrifice to, as opposed to the most high God who does not want to be worshipped through idolatry. The other issue is that Christ's sacrifice was for sin and accomplished what the blood of bulls and goats could not.
The reason Christians don't sacrifice animals anymore is because of the substitutional sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Both were means to the same end, which was accounting for sin. Here are 5 distinctions between the two forms of sacrifice:

1. The first important distinction is that when an animal is sacrificed it does not come back to life. It is a permanent loss. If among your flock you had an animal that could bring itself back from the dead, how meaningful would it be to sacrifice that particular animal? How would that even be a loss or a sacrifice if the animal just came back to you after you lost it?
An animal sacrificed is just an animal, though, and not the sinless Son of God, not the Word of God incarnate, not the Messiah. There was more going on than what happened with an animal sacrifice, which prefigured the death of the Messiah. Christ also conquered death.
2. The second distinction is that animal sacrifice was not retroactive like the sacrifice of Jesus. First came sin and then the sacrifice followed. This is true for everyone before the sacrifice of Jesus Christ but not after. It would be shallow and insincere to kill an animal as an insurance policy just in case you sin in the future, or preemptively performing a sacrifice today so you can sin tomorrow. The sacrifice loses its meaning when you can sin with the knowledge that a sacrifice has already been made on your behalf. With the knowledge of the sacrifice of Jesus people know their sacrifice was already made and this can become a consideration for pretty much any sin.
Except the New Testament strongly warns against sinning with such an attitude, especially the book of Hebrews, the same book that describes Christ's sacrifice as 'one sacrifice for sins forever.'
5. Finally, animals were sacrificed to atone for the sin of the person who killed them. A sacrifice must be an intentional act for it to be considered a sacrifice, yet the people who killed Jesus didn't kill him for him to be offered as a sacrifice.
Why do you get the make the rules? The animal sacrifices prefigured what Jesus did, but they are not the same in every aspect.
When someone offered an animal as a sacrifice they intended that animal to be a sacrifice for their sin, in Christianity however it was God who valued Jesus and God who intentionally offered Jesus as a sacrifice. Given what we know about sacrifice this tells us that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ was because God did something wrong and God offered a valued sacrifice to atone for God's wrongdoing. Because sacrificing Jesus would not be a logical way for humans to atone for their sin, but it would be a logical way for God to atone. Jesus never belonged to us, he belonged to God and therefore wasn't ours to sacrifice.
Again, you do not get to make the rules. The Old Testament also predicted the Messiah's death hundreds of years before it happened, for example in Isaiah 53.
Hey, @MrMan. Don't worry about it. If you have been busy it is fine. I'm busy myself a lot of the time. Just respond at your leisure.

I don't condone animal sacrifice at all, whether it is Hindus or Old Testament Christians or some Pagans. Whoever is doing it I think it is a barbaric practice. I think it is kind of okay, I guess, if the animal is sacrificed to a deity and then is eaten by the family or something like that. At least then it didn't die to atone for some perceived sin or to appease a god which never explicitly asked for said sacrifice. It's when animals are sacrificed and then just burned as a ritual offering I just don't see the point of it. I feel like the animals were killed for nothing.

As for the concept of sacrifice in the context of animals and Jesus the purpose of both was to atone for sin was it not? I am not making up the rules, I am simply questioning the logic of the sacrifice of Jesus. Wasn't Jesus betrayed by Judas? This implies that maybe Jesus himself didn't intend to be sacrificed did he? And the people who murdered Jesus by nailing him to the cross did not intend to kill him as a sacrifice to atone for sin. They wanted to murder him. That was their intention. So the idea of Jesus sacrificing himself to atone for the sin of humanity does not make sense from a logical standpoint given what we know about the concept of sacrifice and its meaning.