The problem with Christianity

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

The problem with Christianity

Post by Cornfed »

The main problem seems to be that people created new doctrine to deal with heresies and problems of their time without thinking trough the consequences and then people modified the doctrine to deal with the consequences and the end result was disastrous.

For example, in order to reduce the power of the corrupt Roman Church, Luther said that every man should be his own priest and that works didn't matter. Calvin wanted to deal with the fall out from that but couldn't say that what Luther said was nonsense without it being an endorsement of Catholicism. Hence he said that God pre-ordained an elect of people who were going to Heaven and though works didn't matter you would want to be good if you imagined yourself one of the elect. He also said that while everyone should indeed be his own priest, those priests who reached different conclusions from him should be killed. This had some issues, so to deal with them, long story short, people started attaching great importance to their idiot feelings and "reason" (i.e. rationalised feelings) and hence we have the current Satanic disaster.

The obvious solution is a clean break with the accumulated nonsense and to get back to good, solid New Testament basics. Maybe I should write a book.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Re: The problem with Christianity

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

The problem with Christianity is that it is an outdated religion and an archaic practice.....
I really dont understand why ppl still believe in sky fairies in the 21st century :roll:
Remember when you were a kid and you were told about the powerful old man who could see everything and knows when your being naughty or nice???
"Sorry Cornfed we lied about santa being real. But while you are here we want to tell you about a different old beard man who can see everything and knows when youre naughty or nice!! Its called Christianity and this time it is real!!!" :roll:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 10:22 am
The problem with Christianity is that it is an outdated religion and an archaic practice.....
I really dont understand why ppl still believe in sky fairies in the 21st century
Yes, that's what really stupid people like you are instructed to think these days, but to balance things out you are also instructed to take your clot shots, so that works out fine.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 9:25 am
The main problem seems to be that people created new doctrine to deal with heresies and problems of their time without thinking trough the consequences and then people modified the doctrine to deal with the consequences and the end result was disastrous.

For example, in order to reduce the power of the corrupt Roman Church, Luther said that every man should be his own priest and that works didn't matter. Calvin wanted to deal with the fall out from that but couldn't say that what Luther said was nonsense without it being an endorsement of Catholicism. Hence he said that God pre-ordained an elect of people who were going to Heaven and though works didn't matter you would want to be good if you imagined yourself one of the elect. He also said that while everyone should indeed be his own priest, those priests who reached different conclusions from him should be killed. This had some issues, so to deal with them, long story short, people started attaching great importance to their idiot feelings and "reason" (i.e. rationalised feelings) and hence we have the current Satanic disaster.

The obvious solution is a clean break with the accumulated nonsense and to get back to good, solid New Testament basics. Maybe I should write a book.
You should definetely write a book; I'd buy it, man. As for Catholicism it had its issues but the medieval Catholicism of around Luhers day wasnt all that bad compared to present-day Catholicism. Still had a lot of merits and promoted some solid values.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
I really dont understand why ppl still believe in sky fairies in the 21st century
Christianity is a misleading religion pointing to nowhere, I left Catholic Church more than 50 years ago.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 11:38 am
Cornfed wrote:

You should definetely write a book; I'd buy it, man. As for Catholicism it had its issues but the medieval Catholicism of around Luhers day wasnt all that bad compared to present-day Catholicism. Still had a lot of merits and promoted some solid values.
Cmon seriously..... do you think this guy can write a book??? I doubt hes even ever read a book unless its about a dog called Spot. :lol:
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 11:28 am
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
Yes, that's what really stupid people like you are instructed to think these days, but to balance things out you are also instructed to take your clot shots, so that works out fine.
Someone who believes in sky fairies and has imaginary friends calling a man of science stupid. Oh the irony.....
Doesnt the bible teach that killing is wrong??? How will you explain that to god when he asks why you didnt take your damn vaccine???
Poor Ethel could of lived.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
September 12th, 2022, 12:22 pm
Someone who believes in sky fairies and has imaginary friends calling a man of science stupid. Oh the irony
If you were actually a man of science you would know that actual modern science is a derivative of Christianity. What are the scientific qualifications you are claiming?
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 12th, 2022, 12:24 pm
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
Someone who believes in sky fairies and has imaginary friends calling a man of science stupid. Oh the irony
If you were actually a man of science you would know that actual modern science is a derivative of Christianity. What are the scientific qualifications you are claiming?
I doubt that very much.....
Christianity is actually very anti science....
Where is any evidence to support your outlandish notion that Christianity is responsible for science???
I have a degree in physics, not that it is important as only common sense is nessesary to realize that the idea of God is just a Santa Claus for adults....
Ever since the Enlightenment we pushed aside notions of sky fairies and imaginary friends and this gave rise to real scientific advancement, as I understand it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
September 12th, 2022, 12:50 pm
Cornfed wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
Where is any evidence to support your outlandish notion that Christianity is responsible for science???
I have a degree in physics
So that just shows that you know nothing about the subject. If you really have a degree in physics the standards must have really slipped. Not that that is particularly surprising.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 12th, 2022, 12:58 pm
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
September 12th, 2022, 12:50 pm
Cornfed wrote:
CaptainSkelebob wrote:
I have a degree in physics
So that just shows that you know nothing about the subject. If you really have a degree in physics the standards must have really slipped. Not that that is particularly surprising.
I read an article today and in a few more decades christians will become a minority population...
Only a few thousand years too late eh???
The sooner we become a secular world the quicker we can progress....
My biggest regret for humanity is that we wasted over a thousand years with the dark ages...
Imagine humanity in a thousand years!! You literally cant!...
I would of quite liked a holiday to mars at some point but thanks to dummies who made christianity powerful and held us back scientifically I will never see that kind of holiday in my life time. :roll:
Science inspired by christianity..... really now :roll:
If you went back in time 300 years with a digital egg timer they would of burned you alive
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

CaptainSkelebob wrote:
September 16th, 2022, 12:04 pm
Science inspired by christianity..... really now :roll:
If you went back in time 300 years with a digital egg timer they would of burned you alive
Having your level of thinking skills must be like being blind or deaf. Hopefully you have an appropriate repetitive job. At least your kind can sometimes be useful that way.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Im a teacher so yeah it can be repetative at times... but also very rewarding :mrgreen:
What is it you do??? Stand on a park bench screaming at passers by about sky fairies and nano bots killing ppl in vaccines??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
The main problem with Christianity and other decent religions that people have become too stupid to understand them. Note that people no longer "create new doctrine to deal with heresies and problems of their time" because they are intellectually incapable of doing so. If you write a book, you might as well give it to the monkeys in the zoo. Modern people are no more capable of understanding anything of significance than monkeys are.