True islamic stories(recent) of the afterlife

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

True islamic stories(recent) of the afterlife

Post by willymonfrete »

willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Re: True islamic stories(recent) of the afterlife

Post by willymonfrete »

willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

Fahad Al Sadoon was Colonel Pilot in the Iraqi's army, NDE happened in 1966 but he spoke about it in public the first time in 2002 in AL Orphaly Conference Hall, in Al Nusour, Baghdad-Iraq.

Following is his account:

I was detained in the military police cell in the Ministry of Defense which was a very small room with no facilities except a bed and a pit as a lavatory. There was a small window.

Two guards were assigned to me; one of them lived in a small far away village and was always on duty. With time he began to sympathize with me. I used to send him to bring me my meals from a nearby restaurant.

About a drug called “ANTIBAR”— which was a light tranquilizer. I asked the guardsman to bring me a packet of these tablets and he did. So, I repeatedly asked him to bring the tablets until I had around 300 of them.

I would like to draw the attention to what had taken place later which I could not find any explanation to until now and was beyond my comprehension as a human being. So I am stating what happened without any comment.

One day I started to take the tablets emptying the packets one by one and swallowing their contents which were around 300 tablets. I started to experience dizziness, pain in the stomach and my vision was distorted. I glanced at the cell door and looked at the veins in my arm; they were turning black-blue.

Realizing that, I tried to lie down on my bed but lost balance and fell to the floor losing consciousness. When I came back, I saw my body on the floor so I stood up. To my surprise my body was still on the floor. Myself, in my “new” body, was standing by it. My attempt to understand what had happened came to an end when I felt I was ascending upward, leaving my body on the floor. On reaching the ceiling of the cell, I tried to stretch my arm to avoid to hitting the fan, but nothing happened. The fan kept rotating. My body kept ascending upward passing the ceiling and was climbing up in the sky vertically. Looking down, I saw the ministry of defense buildings. Then I passed through the layers of clouds over the city of Baghdad and was in the clear blue sky.

All of a sudden I saw two men in bright white robes, one taller than the other. One of the men raised his hand and my ascending stopped. The man made a gesture to me to go nearer to him. Without thinking, I was moving towards the beings until he signaled with his hand for me to stop.

I was neither afraid nor disturbed. I did not feel cold or hot, only had a feeling of tranquility. One of the men asked me: “Why did you do what you did? Don’t you know that getting rid of your life is not your right?” I replied: “I am very sorry; I was tired and couldn’t take any more in my solitary confinement.” While I was answering, I tried to see who they were but couldn’t.

The same man said: “We are satisfied with you now, We are going to forgive you of what you did and return you to earth. Do not do what you did again.”

He went on to say: “Look, do you know any one o these?” I understood that he wanted me to turn around and look, which I did. I saw 11 men standing near me with their backs towards me. I said: “I do not know any of them because I don’t see their faces.” The man signaled and three heads turned to face me. I recognized President Abdulsalam Aref and the one standing beside him who was his bodyguard Abdullah Majid and the third was Abdul Latif Al-Darraji. The man told me: “You were supposed to be with them but we forgave you. Now we are sending you to your world, the earth. As for these 11 they will leave your world and come to us in two days time.” Once again he gestured with his hands and the three heads turned.

He asked me: “Do you know why we have forgiven you?” I replied : “No” Then he said :“ Look towards earth.” I saw a MIG-l7 jet fighter flying low in the Barzan region and heading towards the rocks on the road where Kurdish rebels were. The rebels were forcibly gathering women and children threatening them with their weapons to stay close to them. When the MIG fighter flew low towards them, the women and children were screaming with horror. Mothers were hugging their babies and children were trying to hide under women’s clothes terrified. It was a very horrifying scene of the fear from death. The MIG passed over them without firing at them. The plane returned and then I realized it was my aircraft. I did what I did defying orders to attack.

The man said: “We want you to see with your own eyes the humane deed you did. Do not panic.” The plane did another pass over them without attacking and headed towards its base in Kirkuk. I saw the faces of the women and children wondering what had happened and the same on the face of the rebels.

Then the man said: “This is the deed for which we have forgiven you for. You will descend to the earthly world. That was a great humane deed. Now before you return. Do you want to inquire about anything before you are sent back?” I replied:” Yes, I have some questions to ask. “What is time to you? Is it like what Scientists like Einstein say it is?” He replied: “We here have no time like you have, it does not exist.” “How old are you?” My answer was: “30 years.” He then said: “Again, look down.” I saw my mother putting her newly born baby—which was me— to bed and standing by her an Indian doctor. All that was in Basra city in 1934 on 13 March. Then I saw my entire life passing before my eyes. He said: “You just saw your own life in less than a fraction of a second which for you it was 30 years. Do you have any thing else to inquire about?”

I asked: “Will there he war between us and the Jews and what the result be?” He told me: “Yes, shortly it will take place and you will lose.” He pointed his finger down for me to look. I saw Israeli aircraft taking off from their bases and heading for the Sinai desert and the Suez Canal flying very low. Then they were bombing Egyptian bases destroying the aircraft on the ground - the 1967 war. I was horrified and asked the man: “Why don’t you help us to avoid such catastrophe?” He replied: “No, because you were a great nation and you were fragmented killing each other while they were scattered in 90 different locations with no unified language. They got together unifying themselves against you. They had one cause and they succeeded. If you want our cooperation, you have to unify your nation and go back to the time when you were a great and best nation. Unify God and pray to him as much as you can.”

I asked: “Can I tell my folks of what I saw so they can be careful?” He told me: “Yes, but nobody will believe you, because you only saw a small part of the future and you are living in the past. They will not comprehend the future. You and your people are living in the past and cannot comprehend the future.” Then he said something I couldn’t quite understand or realize what it meant: “We saw your world being created from the beginning, then we saw it going into transformation and then we saw it ending. Now you live in periods that had passed. We saw these periods and they ended. That is why they will never believe you.”

He then said: “Now we take you back to the past world. Before he raised his hand he asked: “Why don’t you do your prayers?” I could not answer and remained silent. He raised his hand and I started my descent towards earth. Then I passed through the layers of clouds and saw Baghdad. I recognized the buildings of the ministry of defense and the cell I was detained in. On reaching the top of the building, I did not feel any fear and passed through the roof into my cell. I saw my (second) body lying on the floor and was joined with it. I started screaming from pain and began to vomit blood.

On hearing my screaming, guardsmen rushed into the cell and tried to tell me that I had fallen from it. On seeing the blood I vomited and that I was shaking like a leaf, they hastened to call their commander —who was Colonel Bahget Said with whom I had a very close relation - to come. He tried to help but feared the people from the intelligence service and in particular the assistant head of the intelligence major Abdul Razzaq al-Nayf.

Later I Was transferred to the military hospital and was admitted to the mental and nervous disease wing to rest for a while. I don’t remember how long I was there. One day the doctor who was treating me came and told me that I was unconscious for days and now I was recovering.

A person one day came with a cat and introduced himself as “Abu Layla” and that he was asked to look after me. Because I was a detainee, he told me that he will stay outside near the guards. Day later, my friend Dr. Nezar Al-Naeb visited me from the Air Force Hospital. We chatted about various things, and then I told him of what I had experienced. I told him of the 11 persons I saw with president Aref. He couldn’t believe what I was telling him, thinking that I was hallucinating. Then he stood up and said: “Don’t talk to anyone about that or else they will think you are hallucinating.” He then left the room muttering, “Illusions and hallucinations.”

On my third day at the hospital, Abu Layla came in to have a chat. He said: “I am very cautious about befriending the talking beings (meaning humans) and that he preferred animal friendship. Then he told me about a helicopter crash that killed president Aref and his entourage. I received the news with bewilderment remembering the man with white robe who told me that no one will believe what I had experienced. On the day following the helicopter crash, Dr. Nezar dropped in to see me. While he was with me Abu Layla came in carrying my breakfast tray with his cat following behind him. Dr. Nezar asked who he was and how come he was taking care of me while I was still a detainee. My reply was: “I don’t know. At first I thought he was from the security service and then thought he was civilian hospital employee assigned to help me.”

Dr. Nezar said: “Please tell me frankly and in detail what you have told me 2 days ago. I want to listen to all the details.” I responded telling him: “If you intend to harm me, I had suffered more than enough of that in torture and abuse. In our previous meeting you were disturbed and annoyed and thought that I was hallucinating and had illusions, now what are you going to accuse me of—conspiring? I shall not repeat what I told you before. I cannot tolerate imprisonment or torture or any other punishment.” He started swearing by mighty Allah that he came with honest intentions saying: “please tell me once more what you told me before.” “As I said, I will never repeat what I said before and that is final, maybe I was imagining all that.” He was silent and left.

The prison authorities demanded that I should be returned to my cell now that I have fully recovered. Orders came to that effect. Before leaving the hospital I went to thank Abu Layla and bid him farewell. He was sitting by a fountain with his cat. I bade him farewell and told him that I was going to visit him after my release from prison. He replied: “You will be released shortly, but you will not find us,” pointing to his cat. In August 1966 1 was released from prison after many people intervened and pleaded with the president. I took a taxi to the military hospital to see Abu Layla my faithful friend, but did not find him. I inquired everywhere in the hospital about him. I was told they knew nothing of him or his whereabouts. They said they thought he was sent by the security service to take care of me. I never saw that good man again.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

An NDE from Pakistan Involving a Case of Mistaken Identity and a Fulfilled Predication of the Actual Date of Death. This one was shared through a personal correspondence, and is the first Muslim NDE I have encountered which exhibits the features typical of Hindu NDEs from the Indian Subcontinent. It involves a case of a mistaken identity, a bruise acquired in the imaginal or "soul body" which carries over into the physical body, and most interestingly, a prediction of the precise time of the death of the person in the future.
---
"As her grandma died and they all were busy in funeral preparation, she came to life again and told them that "I was taken to a building-like place." Two persons were taking her to that place. There were some stairs on which she tripped and her knee got a little hurt. Then inside there were so many people ... she forgot how they looked like. One cheif person with some big register asked, "who is she?" The angels or persons with her replied that this is Fatima bibi from such-and-such an area. Suddenly that chief loudly said this Fatima bibi has more time on earth. She is going to die on such-and-such a date, and he gave the specific time and date. (Another) Fatima bibi who lives in some other place, today was her date and time to come." Then immediately those two angels took her out of that building, and she came to life again. She remembered when she was told she was going to die, and what amazed me most was that she died precisely on that date and time. She was all prepared for those angels to come and take her (before she died). Another interesting tidbit of information: When she came to life again during the NDE, she had the bruise and pain in her knee, which she got by tripping on the other side of life." (With minor edits for diction and grammar).
A friend just shared with me the near death experience of his son who tried to commit suicide last year by hanging himself during a period of drug addiction. In the NDE he was met by deceased relatives (some of whom he wouldn't have known), the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and the deceased Chishti-Nizami Sufi shaikh with whom the father was affiliated. All of them, including the Prophet, instructed him that he had to return to take care of his six year old son, and that "things would turn out alright." The gentleman lives in South Africa, and shared the story with me by email giving me permission to post it.
A Suicide Induced NDE from South Africa Involving a Vision of the Prophet
On October 7th 2015, I received a call around 8.00 am informing me that my 36 year old son, who had a history of drug abuse, had hung himself. At that time I was 80 kilometers away from home, but rushed to the hospital. Upon arrival, there was a team of medical staff around him, trying to revive him. He was struggling to breathe while experiencing severe seizures. At this stage we were under the impression that the main impediment to surviving was the damage from the attempted hanging. It took about three to four hours before he could be moved to a state hospital as we could not afford the private healthcare facility. After completing all the relevant blood tests we were informed that he had extremely high levels of cocaine as well as benzodiazepines in his body. This caused a massive heart attack. The cardiac enzymes that indicate the condition of the heart was more than three times the normal limits. The medical prognosis was bad. We were informed that it would be a miracle if he survived – and even if he did, he would be a vegetable.
The risk from the drug overdose caused a massive heart attack and the attempted hanging had disastrous effects: acute hypoxia of the brain, bleeding in the brain, blood clots on the brain, compressed carotid arteries, fractured vertebrae, and a fractured hyoid bone (the "adams apple"). It took another few hours to arrange an ambulance equipped with life support equipment to transfer him to the state hospital.
When the state hospital was informed of his arrival there was a team waiting to attend to him. Included in the team was a neurologist and once again we were given the same report as the first hospital. We were told to expect the worst. He was placed on a respirator and was in a virtual coma state. I was numbed with shock and despair. It was probably the weakest moment of my life.
Day two was pretty much the same. He was kept on a respirator and was told that when they attempted to remove it, he was unable to breath on his own. At this point he was opening his eyes, but was still largely semi-conscious.
When we went to visit him on day three, his bed was empty. We were told he was taken to the ENT department for examination. While waiting in the corridor of the ward, to our utter shock and surprise, we saw him walking towards us with a smile, completely oblivious of the condition he was in the days before. The medical prognosis, his condition the night before, and the imminent danger of death or remaining comatose for the rest of his life didn't make sense. Of course I was absolutely elated on seeing this as it was family, but nothing made sense medically considering how dismal the prognosis of the doctors was. As we accompanied him to his ward the consulting doctor was present.
He called me aside and said that this situation was nothing short of miraculous. To boot, his scans showed no bleeding in the brain. The X-rays showed no fractured vertebrae. There was only a mild fracture to the hyoid bone that required no medical attention. His cardiac enzymes were normal and there was no risk of another heart attack. He was now ready for psychological evaluation and assessment. There was no further medical attention that he needed besides being sedated considering he was a suicide risk.
This was the conversation that followed:
Me: Do you know why you are here in hospital?
Son: No, I can't remember. What happened to me?
Me: Well, we don't know. We found you on the floor in your room and rushed you to hospital. (We were advised not to bring up any serious discussion).
Son: I only remember that I went on the other side and was met by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), my grandfather, his brother, his sister, and the Sufi shaykh. They were all gathered around me telling me that I must go back, your son needs you, he will not manage without you. (When you return) all will be well.
Me: Did my Shaykh speak to you?
Son: Yes he also told me to go back, that all will be well. Then the
Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) spoke in a language that I could not understand. When I looked over at my Shaykh for assistance, he said I will understand the message in time.
When my son was later asked by the psychologist why he attempted suicide he denied that he tried to commit. He seems to have no memory of it. To this day he is not aware of what he did and more importantly has even forgotten that he was a cocaine addict. He cannot at this stage apply himself at the level he was accustomed to as an auditing consultant, especially since he is on antipsychotic medications, but for all intents and purposes he is normal, and for this I thank God, and off course the doctors as well for their part in this.
I also want to note that my son did not know my paternal aunt and uncle as he was too young when he met them, yet he met them on the other side and named them when I spoke to him that day at the hospital.
These days every time I look at my son, I see God’s grace and mercy. I have learnt never to despair of God’s help.
On the Protective Power of a Spiritual Guide
There are many near death experience (or NDE like) accounts where an apparition of a spiritual guide or holy figure from the unseen world will appear to a person while they are being attacked or assaulted, and give them very specific, detailed instructions on how to escape. Usually the person's soul leaves the body for a brief period, and either before or after they return, the "guide" tells them what to do -- sometimes even while the attack is going on. Below I share with you a personal account of lady who received very specific instructions from her Sufi shaikh through the Heart (what in Sufism is often described as the "organ of higher perception") of how to escape her attacker, while the attack was proceeding. I have removed some of the details of the account to protect her anonymity and that of her specific shaikh and Sufi Order. Naturally, since the subject matter is a sensitive one, and the lady has allowed me to share the account, any negative comments will be deleted.
----
"It was not too long ago that fate found me under the mercy of a violent person who was trying to trap me in a house and kill me. The attacker was severely kicking and punching me, attempting to suffocate me whilst making sure there was no way to escape. Under my breaths I kept whispering Madad ya Rasulullah ("help me O Prophet of God) ... Madad ya shaykh ("Help me O Shaikh)." It was through out the ordeal that I heard a voice that sounded like my shaikh guiding me what to do and what not to do to escape. Eventually I successfully escaped and was saved by people who somehow were there when they usually don't go there at such a timing.
Another miracle that happened during the whole incident was that after the whole incident, I was still healthy, walking and moving as per normal with very minimal injury. And although I did not at all retaliate nor attack back in self defence (as instructed by my shaikh's voice during the whole ordeal), it was not I who suffered from injury but it was reported that the attacker was the one who was heavily bruised until he could not walk properly.
That night whilst being in a safe house after the incident, as I was about to sleep, I saw my shaikh so very clearly. I knew then that he had been with me all along. I was in the east and he was in the west. And yet it was not difficult for him to reach me when I called out to him. I know for a fact that this is a mark of a real murshid (spiritual guide)."
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

A Vision of the Islamic Prophet and an Encounter with a Deceased Father in the Celestial Kaba
The NDE can be classified under the same category as the true or “veridical dream” in that both experiences provide the individual with a window into the world of the unseen. Both allow the experiencer to cross the threshold separating the earthly, material plane from the celestial, spiritual plane above, of which our realm is but a pale reflection. This threshold is crossed by the soul either through a momentary, fleeting experience of death, which begins with a disembodiment of the soul (sometimes initially experienced through the well-known OBE, the so-called “out-of-body experience”), or sleep, which the Prophet of Islam described as the “the sister of death.” It is no wonder then that certain powerful, moving, and significant dreams – the memory of which remain with the person an entire lifetime – bear striking resemblances to full-fledged NDEs: both reveal a message from the celestial realms of far-reaching existential relevance, and which may include teachings of guidance, admonishment, or comfort in a time of distress (sometimes after the death of a loved one). That NDErs sometimes experience vivid, veridical dreams following the NDE, as one of its aftereffects, provides further reason to classify both under the rubric of the same category.
One such dream which resembles the NDE experience occurred to my cousin about four years ago, when he was a young boy of 11 – about 5 years after the death of his father (my uncle). Shortly before his veridical dream, my cousin had begun to recite a prayer regularly, given to him by his Quran teacher, through which he could have a true dream of the Prophet Muhammad. Prayers invoked to elicit visions of the Arabian Prophet not uncommon to the Islamic tradition. In his particular case, the prayer was to be recited in a specific fashion, at a particular time, and for a set duration prior to a particularly holy night. The most important element of the prayer was sincerity of intention. On the night on which the prayer was to have its effect, my cousin did in fact have the dream of the Arabian Prophet, and it was, as he would later describe it to me, one of the most vivid dreams I have ever heard of.
The dream began with my cousin finding himself in the precincts of the Holy Sanctuary in Mecca – the Kaba – or more precisely, a celestial, archetypal version of it, with the sanctuary full of deceased souls. He then saw the Prophet of Islam slowly approaching on a celestial camel of sorts, with a beautiful shawl draped over his head, and with head bowed down. As the two met, the first thing my cousin noticed was that the droplets of his sweat smelt like musk (curiously, a feature also recorded in Islamic biographical sources). In excitement, my cousin asked, “Are you the Prophet of God?” “Subhanalla (Praise God!), I am,” he replied with a smile. My cousin then proceeded to tell him about his life, of his deceased father, and of the hardships his mother and brother faced following the father’s death. “I know of your pain,” the Prophet replied with affection. The Prophet then directed my cousin to a region of the celestial Sanctuary where he said he could find his father. On making his way to the area, he found not only his father but other deceased relatives (and only deceased relatives) all of whom were full of joy and seemingly without worry. He described his father as wearing the same kind of clothes he would on festive religious occasions when he was alive. There was a ritual prayer that was then held in the Kaba in which the Prophet recited the Quran with such beauty and power that everyone, the entire congregation in the sanctuary made of up of what seemed to be millions of souls, were moved to tears. The prayer itself was preceded by a ritual azan delivered by the disciple of the Prophet who in his own life was the official caller to prayer, and who incidentally my cousin’s brother was named after.
Following the prayer, my cousin made his way back to the Prophet, where the Prophet told him that it was now his time to return to earth. When my cousin objected (a common motif in NDE literature), the Prophet assured him that he would one day return back to the celestial abode and the surrounding heavenly realms with both his brother and mother to be with his deceased father as well as the company of other loved ones including the Prophet himself. When my cousin insisted that he wanted to stay with the Prophet, he told him he would always be with him, and that “you can reach me through your Heart.” (My cousin was also shown different realms of Paradise, over a period of a time which he said seem to last like days.)
When my cousin awoke from the dream right before the start of the dawn prayer (fajr), the first thing he noticed was a white cloud, vapour or light in the room which then slowly dissipated. The following class, when he informed his teacher of the dream, the Quran teacher was moved to tears. But the tears were not because of the vividness of the dream, nor due to the compassionate affection shown to him by the Prophet, but because he had himself had virtually the same dream, one in which he too found himself in the celestial Kaba in the company of the Prophet, surrounded by innumerable devotees preparing for prayer. The only difference was that the Quran teacher was able to interact with the deceased, unlike my cousin, who was only able to communicate with the Prophet. In other words, both the Quran teacher and my cousin had had an almost perfectly synchronized, overlapping dream, with similar contents, and on the same night, suggesting that it was more than simply the product of the active imagination of a young boy subconsciously working through the pain of a lost father. The clarity and vividness of my cousin’s dream, a point which he specifically noted to me, also reminds one of the hyper-clarity of the NDE of which much has been written.