Resolving the Protestant problem

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Resolving the Protestant problem

Post by Cornfed »

The problem with Protestantism is that they got rid of a problematic organisation by declaring everything about that organisation worthless in the sphere of religion. They said the average dumbass should interpreter scripture for himself, liturgy had no importance, following religious instructions had no importance etc. The logical conclusion of this is the degeneracy and atheism we have today. People like Calvin and the fundies papered over the cracks for a while, but the problem is intrinsic.

How though to resolve this, without just emulating the problem by starting our own church based on whatever we make up like any common Protestants? Clearly the existing apostolic organisations are full of Satanists who should be burned at the stake, and the apostolic nature of them is wearing a little thin after 2000 years.

I guess you could take a leap of faith and claim the founder of your church had a direct line to God, but is there a better way? Perhaps you could posit something where you had a formula based on taking up where the original apostles left off. Is there a convincing way you could put it?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Resolving the Protestant problem

Post by fschmidt »

Is there anyone on this forum even remotely qualified to answer? I don't think so.

While traditional Anabaptists currently have the best practice, they share theological problems with Protestants. I think the best Christian group theologically is the Orthodox. Orthodox Christians are organized around ethnicity. So I think the best solution would be an Arkian Orthodox Church. This avoids the problem of having to found a new sect.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:
March 6th, 2023, 11:19 am
Is there anyone on this forum even remotely qualified to answer? I don't think so.

While traditional Anabaptists currently have the best practice, they share theological problems with Protestants. I think the best Christian group theologically is the Orthodox. Orthodox Christians are organized around ethnicity. So I think the best solution would be an Arkian Orthodox Church. This avoids the problem of having to found a new sect.
Except that the Orthodox appear to have completely sold out like in this video I posted. Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer a church that didn't want to murder its parishioners.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
March 6th, 2023, 11:40 am
Except that the Orthodox appear to have completely sold out like in this video I posted. Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer a church that didn't want to murder its parishioners.
I don't think the Orthodox Church as a whole has taken a position on this. In any case, the covid vaccine has nothing to do with theology, it is simply an IQ test. So presumably an Arkian Orthodox Church would be on the right side of this issue.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

fschmidt wrote:
March 6th, 2023, 11:54 am
Cornfed wrote:
I don't think the Orthodox Church as a whole has taken a position on this. In any case, the covid vaccine has nothing to do with theology, it is simply an IQ test. So presumably an Arkian Orthodox Church would be on the right side of this issue.
Some people believe the vaccine is the mark of the beast. I watched some conspiracy video on this ages ago. What do you think of that? Would God be angry with his children being deceived by agents of the devil? I'm not Christian, but interested to know what you think about this. What about you @Cornfed?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Bravo, for making this thread.

I agree. Protestantism is too "spread out" and "descentralized." Just like social movements like MGTOW. I think decentralization is a problem. At least, the British have the Anglican Church which is one church that can represen the whole country. Meanwhile, in America there's just too many "subgroups."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
March 6th, 2023, 4:08 pm
At least, the British have the Anglican Church which is one church that can represen the whole country.
Unfortunately in trying to represent the whole country they have rendered themselves irrelevant by becoming blancmange-like non-entities who stand for nothing. They are very much end stage Protestantism.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
March 6th, 2023, 12:21 pm
fschmidt wrote:
March 6th, 2023, 11:54 am
Cornfed wrote:
Some people believe the vaccine is the mark of the beast. I watched some conspiracy video on this ages ago. What do you think of that? Would God be angry with his children being deceived by agents of the devil? I'm not Christian, but interested to know what you think about this. What about you @Cornfed?
I've heard that idea is floating around. Most Christians reject it. It's nonsense really. One doesn't have to worship an image to get a Covid-19 shot.