Did Jesus go to India or Britain during his missing years and after his crucifixion?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:
June 15th, 2012, 4:12 pm
odbo wrote:
I recognize this woman's voice. She is a great VO artist. And she is the voice of disinformation. Most of what she says is true, then she mixes in total falsehoods.

I'm not sure who is paying her.
That's a segment from "Empire of the City: Ring of Power" about the global conspiracy and elite cabal that runs the world. In that segment she says that Jesus was Caesarion, the son of Julius Caesar and Cleopatra, who then had to flee because Augustus Caesar saw him as a threat since he was heir to the throne, and tried to have him killed. She says Caesarion was trying to regain his rightful claim to the throne of Rome. That's why they crucified him. It's an interesting theory. I wonder what her basis is.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by MrMan »

odbo wrote:
January 27th, 2011, 3:18 am
This video is plain stupid. They don't even present any evidence for their wild claims. Why would a son of Caesar and Cleopatra who grew up in India get any traction as a religious teacher in Galilee and Judaea? He'd be such a foreigner, who would listen to him? His teachings were commentary on the law of God, given through Moses. He used Hebrew scriptures, not Buddhism. The Bible does not call James and Thomas Jesus brothers. Thomas is called 'the twin', but he is not called Jesus' twin.

Jumping from the idea of Caesarian to Jesus in the video is just wild and illogical. Out of all the people in the Roman empire, what is the connection? It's just dumb.

The story is full of what sounds like junk folk etymologies for names. Arabs calling Jesus 'Isa 600 years later is not evidence for Jesus' name. In Hebrew it was likely pronounced something like 'Yeshua". It means 'he saves' and could be used as a shortened for for Yehoshua, which mean Yahweh saves. There is no connection with the name Isis.

Hindu/Buddhist teachings would be anathema to any religious Jew. The whole theory is ridiculous.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
August 15th, 2021, 2:00 pm
odbo wrote:
This video is plain stupid. They don't even present any evidence for their wild claims. Why would a son of Caesar and Cleopatra who grew up in India get any traction as a religious teacher in Galilee and Judaea? He'd be such a foreigner, who would listen to him? His teachings were commentary on the law of God, given through Moses. He used Hebrew scriptures, not Buddhism. The Bible does not call James and Thomas Jesus brothers. Thomas is called 'the twin', but he is not called Jesus' twin.

Jumping from the idea of Caesarian to Jesus in the video is just wild and illogical. Out of all the people in the Roman empire, what is the connection? It's just dumb.

The story is full of what sounds like junk folk etymologies for names. Arabs calling Jesus 'Isa 600 years later is not evidence for Jesus' name. In Hebrew it was likely pronounced something like 'Yeshua". It means 'he saves' and could be used as a shortened for for Yehoshua, which mean Yahweh saves. There is no connection with the name Isis.

Hindu/Buddhist teachings would be anathema to any religious Jew. The whole theory is ridiculous.
Well why would anyone gain traction? If you have conviction and charisma and are following your destiny you can gain traction too. How did Joseph Smith gain traction to get a lot of Mormon followers? He had a divine destiny and followed it with conviction. Why would Jesus gain traction? Maybe Caesarion had charisma or had powerful people helping him since they knew who he was?

Many were called Yeshua. The Yeshua in the Talmud is supposedly some fanatical Rabbi who lived 200 years before Jesus. It's hard to pinpoint which one is the Jesus in the Gospels, if any were at all that is.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Did Jesus go to India during his missing years and retire there after surviving the crucifixion?

Post by Winston »

This video from A&E's series "Mysteries of the Bible" is interesting. It's about the Lost Years of Jesus. Apparently, in Glastonbury, England, there is a legend of Jesus going there and becoming a Druid. It says the Druids called their Messiah "Yeshua". Wow could that be the same Jesus of the Gospels? It also says that Joseph of Arimathea came with Jesus and so did Jesus' brother James. Is that true? If so why don't historians note this?

Also if Jesus went to England to become a Druid, and then went to India to study Hinduism and Buddhism, that means Jesus sure got around. Wow. How did he go so many places in one lifetime?

Btw, the documentary makes a good point near the end. One commentator said that Jesus was NOT a fundamentalist, because he always gave a non-literal intepretation of the Old Testament and repudiated a lot of it too. He even repudiated Moses and his law, saying "Moses said this, but I say this" as if correcting Moses and updating him. He often had an esoteric interpretation of the OT scriptures. Therefore, Jesus was NOT a literalist fundamentalist and would NOT have agreed with the modern fundamentalist evangelical interpretation of the Bible. That's the funny irony that modern fundamentalists and evangelicals don't get. lol. Great point.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Did Jesus go to India or Britain during his missing years and after his crucifixion?

Post by Winston »

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Did Jesus go to India or Britain during his missing years and after his crucifixion?

Post by Winston »

Some old documentaries about Jesus and Joseph of Arimathea in Britain.

"Did you know that Joseph of Arimathea was the apostle to Britain & France, and that the Christian faith arrived on the shores of Britain within a few years of Jesus death & resurrection? What about the legends and histories which say that Joseph (the Great uncle of Jesus) took the young bot Jesus with him on one of his earlier trips to Britain during Jesus "lost" or "hidden" years? This video highlights some of the information and evidence about those two claims.

This is an older documentary from the CREST Foundation, and its style is a bit dated, however the information it contains makes it worth watching."

Another one.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out England's unofficial national anthem based on the poem by William Blake which mentions Jesus in England. It sounds very holy, sacred, and glorious. And uplifting and inspiring as well. It was played at the 2012 London Olympics too.

"In summary, the legend is this: Joseph of Arimathea was a rich man, a relative of Jesus (and one of his covert disciples), who after the Crucifixion claimed the body of Jesus from Pilate. He came to Britain with other disciples and founded the first British church at Glastonbury, where he planted his staff. This miraculously flowered into a tree, The Glastonbury Thorn, whose offshoots may still be seen today, flowering every Christmas. (A sprig or cutting is sent to Buckingham Palace every year from this tree, which analysis has shown is a Palestinian variety.) Joseph also brought and kept there certain sacred relics, perhaps the Chalice Cup or Grail. He knew Britain from his trips as a tin merchant, and in fact, on one of his trips he had brought his nephew, the boy Jesus. Joseph, and some say the Virgin Mary, is said to be buried there, along with the Grail featured in legends of Arthur -- whose official tomb is still to be seen there."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New film about Jesus in England called "And Did Those Feet". Parts 1 and 2 below.

"Gordon Strachan was a Presbyterian Pastor (with the Church of Scotland), as well as a trained architect and researcher of ancient church history and contemporary spirituality. Here he shows how the Traditions of Glastonbury (based on numerous ancient manuscripts and archeological evidence) which suggest that Joseph of Arimathea - the great uncle of Jesus - brought the young Jesus to Glastonbury, England, where he studied prior to his public ministry. He also shows the connection between Pythagorus, the Druids, and the Essenes and how sacred geometry played a part in their beliefs."

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
August 15th, 2021, 3:34 pm
MrMan wrote:
August 15th, 2021, 2:00 pm
odbo wrote:

Well why would anyone gain traction? If you have conviction and charisma and are following your destiny you can gain traction too. How did Joseph Smith gain traction to get a lot of Mormon followers? He had a divine destiny and followed it with conviction. Why would Jesus gain traction? Maybe Caesarion had charisma or had powerful people helping him since they knew who he was?

Many were called Yeshua. The Yeshua in the Talmud is supposedly some fanatical Rabbi who lived 200 years before Jesus. It's hard to pinpoint which one is the Jesus in the Gospels, if any were at all that is.
You are very fond of pseudo-history. I don't watch most of the hours of videos you post, but I saw this video and it presented no evidence connecting Jesus of Nazareth to either Isis or Ceasarian. It looks the same kind of stupid pseudohistory that the History Channel has gravitated to in recent years (based on my limited experience with it during that time) as opposed to the real historical documentaries in the past.

Any group with a little cash can come up with a crackpot theory and make a video about it, on various topics. like ancient aliens, religious topics, etc.

One of the references to Jesus in the Talmud refers to Him as 'Jesus of Nazareth'. Someone attributed a joke, quoting a scripture about a whore and attributing it to the high priest, to Jesus of Nazareth.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But MrMan, the story of Jesus in Glastonbury is 2000 years old. It's not something new or invented. You forget that. And the Jesus in India story is probably just as old. They even have his tomb in Kashmir, where he is said to have retired to after surviving the crucifixion. These are not modern inventions. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it untrue. You are not open minded of course. You are rigid and brainwashed and not open to new ideas or theories, because your beliefs are set in stone. Not very wise if you ask me. A truth seeker should bend with the evidence and follow the data. Especially if your foundations are shaky to begin with and given by some authority with political motivations anyway. If your beliefs are created by man, not God, then your beliefs are no better than other legends and stories. Sorry.

Even if your beliefs came from divine revelation, that doesn't mean much because the gods can lie and deceive and be wrong too, and have their agendas. Most likely, Joseph Smith received some sort of divine revelation or supernatural visitation too. How do you explain that? It doesn't prove that Mormonism is completely or literally true of course, even if it was a divine revelation. No deity is infallible, even if you like to believe he is. Why does God have to be perfect? You never answered that. Obviously because YOU need him to be. Not because he is. You never realize that. Your mind is HIJACKED. That's the problem, yet you don't realize it. Your mind is locked in a CLOSED LOOP that says "The truth is the truth because it's true because it's the truth". Yet you don't see that, because your mind and reason are HIJACKED. No question about it. I used to be like that too, when I was a fundamentalist, but I broke out of it. You and Neo can't though.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Free PDF ebook about Jesus' secret Druidic teachings to his inner circle disciples.

The Path of Light by Christian O'Brien

https://shop.goldenageproject.org.uk/wp ... -Light.pdf

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

4 part series by Paul Wallis, of the ancient aliens YouTube channel called The 5th Kind, about Jesus in India. Very fascinating and intriguing.

Part 1

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khh2ys3wdg4

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9A3WNfhSTQ

Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTe28mdi25Y

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow there is new evidence now that Jesus went to JAPAN during his missing years, and also after his crucifixion too! Wow how would he have gotten all the way there? Geez. Wow this is wild! So now Jesus has been to Britain, India, and Japan! Geez he really must have gotten around. This will knock your socks off @MrMan! lol. See below.

Mythicist Robert Price talks about this theory.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great 2 hour vintage documentary about Jesus in India. It looks like something from the 70s or 80s with that vintage look.

josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Winston wrote:
October 19th, 2010, 11:06 am
Any of you ever heard the theory that Jesus went to India or Tibet or the far east during his "missing years" between 12 and 30 years old to study Buddhism and Eastern Spirituality? There are books and documentaries about it. It's based on some texts that a Russian author found in Tibet in the late 1800's that mentioned some holy man named Saint Issa coming from the Middle East and learning Buddhism there during about the time that Jesus would have lived and been in his youth. The parallels between Saint Issa and Jesus are striking and uncanny, as well as their sayings. Here is one documentary about it.

Most likely someone had a NDE and saw Jesus. It is possible that a mist like shape occurred and Jesus showed up much like Catholic visions of Mary.

I've skimmed a few of these books, maybe not the exact ones. Jesus likely did not venture to the far east, there was a reason it had to be Roman Empire. The poor people there were victims of corruption and greed from the rich. Of course I'm not saying Ancient India or Ancient England was better, just that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.