Does Ebay allow false advertising? There seems no way to report false advertising by Ebay sellers!

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

Does Ebay allow false advertising? There seems no way to report false advertising by Ebay sellers!

Post by Winston »

Check out my correspondence below with Ebay and a seller from China using false advertising. lol. Notice how I resort to lecturing the Chinese seller. lol. Why does Ebay allow? There's no report button on auctions it seems to report false advertising, even if the claims are objectively false and not subject to opinion.
Dear Ebay,
You obviously didn't even read my email. I am going to rate your response as a one star because of it. :P
I didn't ask for a refund. I wanted to report the seller for false advertising. How do I do that? He said the pendant glows in the dark. It does not. Not even after putting it in sunlight for a few hours. Does ebay allow false advertising? If not, how do I report it? Can't you tell the seller to stop making false claims or remove their auction or edit it?

See our email exchange below between me and the seller:

New message from: dameichuangstore Top Rated Seller(3,542Red Star)

hello ,my dear friend ,you are not satisfied with the item ,and we are honest sellers ,we promise that we can send the refund to you ,
and we haven't said that we can't change our listing ,we must can fix our listing ,please don't worry about that

Your previous message

Sorry, but a refund is not enough. You should still remove your false advertising on ebay about the glow in the dark feature, if you want me to not post negative feedback for you. Why do you think it's ok to continue false advertising after you give me a refund? Don't you understand? In China, don't parents teach their children the difference between right and wrong? Do mainland Chinese teach morals? Or only obedience to government? Geez. Is this what happens when a big country denies the existence of God and the Creator?
It's in regard to this item:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283309290306

As you can see, it claims the pendants are glow in the dark if you charge it in the sunlight a few hours. I did so and they do not glow in the dark at all, not even a little. So clearly the claim is false.

I just sent Ebay customer service another question:
Dear ebay,
How do you report a seller for false advertising? Is there a way? Now, when I say false advertising, I mean something that is OBJECTIVELY false, not subjective. For example, if an advertiser makes claims about crystal healing or herbal remedies being helpful or beneficial, that is not objectively false advertising (even if the government or wikipedia says so) because as we all know, results for such things vary from person to person, and everyone is attuned to different types of energies. Those who purchase such things usually understand that. However, there are some claims that are objectively false, such as a glow in the dark pendant not glowing in the dark at all, which can be objectively verified by anyone, and is NOT subjective. Do you see the difference?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Does Ebay allow false advertising? There seems no way to report false advertising by Ebay sellers!

Post by Winston »

@momopi what do you think? In China do parents teach their kids the difference between right and wrong? In the majority of Chinese families in China? Any idea? You are the expert in China so you should know right? lol. Or is this too broad a question? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Does Ebay allow false advertising? There seems no way to report false advertising by Ebay sellers!

Post by Winston »

Don't you guys hate how big websites like ebay now use overseas customer service reps who are not even native English speakers to reply to your emails? Sometimes they don't even read your emails. For example, in response to the above, an ebay rep sent me this. lol
Hello wwu777,

Thank you for contacting eBay on item 123606810989,I understand that you want the refund .I am Anny from eBay Customer Support and I was glad help you on this.

Pls don't worry, we checked your account and found that your order has been refunded. The refund transaction number is 22W595233D4437312. Paypal will process it in about 10 days. You can also contact paypal to provide this refund transaction number to collect your money in the following ways.

If you need to contact PayPal by Email, please:

Enter into: https://www.paypal.com/c2/smarthelp/contact-us

Click the bottom of the page "给我们发送电子邮件(需要登录)";

Click on " Other ways to contact us " following "Email us" link;

Follow the prompts to enter the page.

I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter and wish you continued success on eBay.

Regards,
Anny
eBay Customer Service
Obviously a refund has nothing to do with my email. I was reporting false advertising by a seller and trying to get him taken down or forced to change his false claims. lol. Modern people are so stupid and don't think. They're just automotons or background characters in a badly designed video game where only the users are intelligent. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok well one Chinese ebay seller has at least removed the false advertising on his page, by taking out the "glow in the dark" claim. Have a look:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283309290306
New message from: dameichuangstore Top Rated Seller(3,551Red Star)

hello ,my dear friend ,we have changed that ,if you don't trust ,you can check by yourselves .
The other made a clever Chinese copout excuse. lol. See below.
New message from: cc2558 (6,298Green Star)

Hello friend, I think you might misunderstand what I mean. First, when you tell me this problem, we will do something to check the reason why your items didn't work. we are the honest seller, we couldn't do some wrong thing which was easy to find. this items we have sold a lots. if all of them are broken, why people keep purchasing. There are always a few defective products in a batch.we have refunded the money back to you. here is the refunding code:9A6434351T367931E.
Isn't that a nice smooth Chinese slick response? lol. Claiming that I got a defective product while others did not? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another stupid ebay rep didn't read my email. lol. Here's their new response:
Hi Winston Wu,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service. My name is Akmar and I hope you're doing well.

Item: 283309290306

Seller: dameichuangstore

First and foremost, we're sorry to hear as you mentioned that you've received an item not as described from. Due to this, we recommend filing a return request under eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Here's how:

Sign-in to your eBay account on www.ebay.com via desktop
Click here > you'll reach "Return an item for a refund"
Select the reason for returning the item
Add details > this will help eBay in reviewing your request should the seller is not responding
Add photos
Click "Send"

Seller will be given 3 business days to responds and if the seller fails to do so, on 4th business day, the option "Ask eBay to step in" will be made available. You may use the function and escalate the request to case with eBay.

As for reporting the seller, please proceed by clicking the link below:

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Do let us know should you require further assistance. Nevertheless, we hope this helps.

Regards,
Akmar
eBay Customer Service
You can tell by the name that they are using overseas reps, not native English speakers. Outsourcing in other words. lol

My reply:
Hi Akmar,
You didn't read my email again I'm afraid. I wasn't asking for a refund. I was trying to report the seller for false advertising. If the pendants do not glow in the dark, he should not be advertising them as such. Do you understand? He should not be deceiving people. Not just him, but several other Chinese ebay sellers as well. Can you forward my email to a native English speaker please? You foreign reps obviously are not very English fluent.

Also see my forum thread here about this case:
viewtopic.php?style=11&f=16&t=42064