Good Job For Manual Labor Oriented Individuals.

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Good Job For Manual Labor Oriented Individuals.

Post by zacb »

I just posted on the International Lifestyle Forum about the oil sands jobs, and how they present a good opportunity for those who are not much for starting a business: http://intlifestyleforum.forumotion.com ... nds-jobs#3. I think this may be the ticket for some of us to our freedom. I hope I can help some of yous.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

If you have the skills you do not need to go so far..If you have good trade skills there are still some areas in the US where you can make decent money. If you have good computer technology skills that is better yet. A friend back in the USA just took a new job in Sierra Vista, Arizona as an experienced IT man @ 125G plus benefits. He was able to buy a decent house nearby for only $165,000, so he is able to combine low cost of living with a good salary. Of course, such jobs sometimes include a very intensive background investigation...the FBI talking to many friends and family members...neighbors etc.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Very interesting. BTW, how far is that from Bisbee? I have heard a lot of good about that town, but am not quite sure what to make of it.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

zacb wrote:Very interesting. BTW, how far is that from Bisbee? I have heard a lot of good about that town, but am not quite sure what to make of it.
Guessing about 40 miles...
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Interesting.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by fdiv »

OutWest wrote:
April 7th, 2013, 10:01 am
If you have the skills you do not need to go so far..If you have good trade skills there are still some areas in the US where you can make decent money. If you have good computer technology skills that is better yet. A friend back in the USA just took a new job in Sierra Vista, Arizona as an experienced IT man @ 125G plus benefits. He was able to buy a decent house nearby for only $165,000, so he is able to combine low cost of living with a good salary. Of course, such jobs sometimes include a very intensive background investigation...the FBI talking to many friends and family members...neighbors etc.
I'm sorry, I have to call BS on this.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Re:

Post by OutWest »

fdiv wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 4:00 am
OutWest wrote:
You obviously know nothing about working such jobs for the DOD. If you are looking for the blue collar work i mentioned, if you have construction skills such as electrical, plumbing or numerous others, you should pull down $35 or better in the PNW. If you are a diesel mechanic and can beat flat rate as many do, you can make in the $45 hour range. Many jobs go begging.

I'm just building a house back in Bohol...no dog in the fight.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: Good Job For Manual Labor Oriented Individuals.

Post by CannedHam »

In my area there is a massive shortage of plumbers, electricians, HVAC, carpenters.... you name it. I was talking to the electrician that came to do some lighting work in my house, the guy is 26 and pulls in close to $30/hour, no college (which means ZERO student loans) and full benefits! He can work all the overtime @ 1.5x pay he wants.

Assuming one takes this path starting at 18 and living a frugal, minimalist lifestyle, they can probably retire comfortably in the US in their 40s or retire like a kind abroad at that age as well.
Last edited by CannedHam on January 23rd, 2019, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

OutWest wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 11:29 am
fdiv wrote:
OutWest wrote:
You obviously know nothing about working such jobs for the DOD. If you are looking for the blue collar work i mentioned, if you have construction skills such as electrical, plumbing or numerous others, you should pull down $35 or better in the PNW. If you are a diesel mechanic and can beat flat rate as many do, you can make in the $45 hour range. Many jobs go begging.

You've overestimated it by double. Security clearance IT Jobs in the mid-atlantic region where it's competitive start at $80k. So either your friend is BSing you, or he just used his personal connections to score a sweetheart gig and your advice is useless.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

fdiv wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 12:37 am
OutWest wrote:
fdiv wrote:
OutWest wrote:

You've overestimated it by double. Security clearance IT Jobs in the mid-atlantic region where it's competitive start at $80k. So either your friend is BSing you, or he just used his personal connections to score a sweetheart gig and your advice is useless.
You are not paying attention. From this OLD post of mine, you point out that that security clearance IT jobs start at 80k...well in my post I state that he is an EXPERIENCED, not starting, and as such, he obtained a senior position. How is 125 k for a senior position double that of 80k for starting? I don't know about my so called advice (it's free and take it for what it's worth.) But your arithmetic obviously sucks. And my comments on trade skills? Lol. Do you have trade skills? If so, there is a job waiting for you in any decent market. It is not unrealistic to pull down 80k as a plumber or electrician. I have multiple buddies with construction related businesses, and these figures are accurate. Trades people are fast greying and retiring and most of the soy boys are not up to actually working with their hands so they are doing other things or subsisting as baristas. If you are young, learning a trade is at least a good back up just in case that book deal falls through.
I don't know if my advice is useless or not, as you would actually have to pay me for advice I can guarantee will make money, but so far, your opinions are about as accurate and useful as tits on a bull.
Dude, learn a skill, get a job, do whatever you can to pack some assets away before the shit hits the fan. The baby boomers have totally screwed the country, so make some cash while you can and build your escape as a back up.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

OutWest wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 12:07 am
fdiv wrote:
OutWest wrote:
fdiv wrote:
OutWest wrote:

You are not paying attention. From this OLD post of mine, you point out that that security clearance IT jobs start at 80k...well in my post I state that he is an EXPERIENCED, not starting, and as such, he obtained a senior position. How is 125 k for a senior position double that of 80k for starting? I don't know about my so called advice (it's free and take it for what it's worth.) But your arithmetic obviously sucks. And my comments on trade skills? Lol. Do you have trade skills? If so, there is a job waiting for you in any decent market. It is not unrealistic to pull down 80k as a plumber or electrician. I have multiple buddies with construction related businesses, and these figures are accurate. Trades people are fast greying and retiring and most of the soy boys are not up to actually working with their hands so they are doing other things or subsisting as baristas. If you are young, learning a trade is at least a good back up just in case that book deal falls through.
I don't know if my advice is useless or not, as you would actually have to pay me for advice I can guarantee will make money, but so far, your opinions are about as accurate and useful as tits on a bull.
Dude, learn a skill, get a job, do whatever you can to pack some assets away before the shit hits the fan. The baby boomers have totally screwed the country, so make some cash while you can and build your escape as a back up.
Starting doesn't mean entry level, there's a difference. IT sucks sucks sucks. "My arithmetic" doesn't "suck" as you put it, because I said it was an ESTIMATE (i.e. overESTIMATE).

IT is NOT a mystical wonderland of high salaries for nerds. It may have been that way in the 90's, but who knows because I never believe all these "cowboy struck it rich" type stories. Its just like all the stupid rumors you used to hear (more recently) of this person or that made princely sums writing dog fart apps on whatever platform. LOL, it's the companies themselves that start those rumors and pay for them to be repeated in the MSM. Why? So they have tons of fools writing software for their fartphone platforms for FREE.

But anyway you don't have to tell me about "trades", LOL.

Tool and Die is the king of trades 8)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

fdiv wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 4:18 am
OutWest wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 12:07 am
fdiv wrote:
OutWest wrote:
fdiv wrote:

Starting doesn't mean entry level, there's a difference. IT sucks sucks sucks. "My arithmetic" doesn't "suck" as you put it, because I said it was an ESTIMATE (i.e. overESTIMATE).

IT is NOT a mystical wonderland of high salaries for nerds. It may have been that way in the 90's, but who knows because I never believe all these "cowboy struck it rich" type stories. Its just like all the stupid rumors you used to hear (more recently) of this person or that made princely sums writing dog fart apps on whatever platform. LOL, it's the companies themselves that start those rumors and pay for them to be repeated in the MSM. Why? So they have tons of fools writing software for their fartphone platforms for FREE.

But anyway you don't have to tell me about "trades", LOL.

Tool and Die is the king of trades 8)
If you are a good tool and die man, I think you should be making bank...that is about at the top of trades as far as soon as ll goes. What does a good tool and die man make?
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by WorldTraveler »

OutWest wrote:
I have a friend that does contract IT work for the Department of Defense in DC. I know he makes at at least 125K and probably more. You can get some extremely high rates if you are good in IT. There is still a shortage of good experienced IT professionals.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

WorldTraveler wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 1:54 pm
OutWest wrote:
I have a friend that does contract IT work for the Department of Defense in DC. I know he makes at at least 125K and probably more. You can get some extremely high rates if you are good in IT. There is still a shortage of good experienced IT professionals.
My brother is in healthcare IT and I can confirm this. There are a lot of f***ing retards in IT. IT is still kind of an interesting field where you can start at the very bottom w/o any college education and work your way up to really lucrative positions thru hard word and dedication. Unfortunately, this tends to attract a lot of morons who think they can make six figures w/o any hard work. This is slowly changing however, as more and more employers want to see a BS degree in addition to certifications.

So highly-skilled mid/high level IT professionals are a lot harder to find and can command huge salaries. I'm talking $100k+ by the time they are 30. IT also has lot of possibilities for remote work, so if you're looking to leave the US, taking a remote position on a US salary living in a LCOL country can make for a very comfortable existence.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

CannedHam wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 3:05 pm
WorldTraveler wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 1:54 pm
OutWest wrote:
My brother is in healthcare IT and I can confirm this. There are a lot of f***ing retards in IT. IT is still kind of an interesting field where you can start at the very bottom w/o any college education and work your way up to really lucrative positions thru hard word and dedication. Unfortunately, this tends to attract a lot of morons who think they can make six figures w/o any hard work. This is slowly changing however, as more and more employers want to see a BS degree in addition to certifications.

So highly-skilled mid/high level IT professionals are a lot harder to find and can command huge salaries. I'm talking $100k+ by the time they are 30. IT also has lot of possibilities for remote work, so if you're looking to leave the US, taking a remote position on a US salary living in a LCOL country can make for a very comfortable existence.
OK so when I last blinked I fell through a portal and it is now the early 90s now, right? Of course some people with the right skills at the right place at the right time will make a fortune, but generally you know they're screwed, right?