Anyone here actually making money online?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
mguy
Junior Poster

Anyone here actually making money online?

Post by mguy »

Hi! I'm wondering if any of you are actually making money online? What is that you do and how are we looking at here?

I'm dipping into making some moolah online as well as I am one for being independent.

Thanks!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Have you heard about Amazon Mechanical Turk? https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Basically, you perform some online tasks such as survey taking, Google searches, finding websites, etc...for a pre-determined amount of money, and eventually, you can make some decent amount of money. It's not a lot of money (I've made 50 dollars in a month) but it's better than nothing.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Post by tomasz »

Yes i would also like to hear from the guys on this forum that make money, roughly how much, and what they do, and how long they have been doing it for.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Me too. And if anyone wants to hand over their online business to me, I'd be happy to take it. Come on, throw me a bone.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Working as a translator... I am using Odesk.

I earn about 10-15 USD/hour...
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I find it amazing that in this day and age more people aren't working from home. I don't see why more companies can't just let people work at home. Have them come in for a few weeks until they get the hang of what they're supposed to do, then give them the tools they need to do it at home. And have occasional meetings at the office if necessary. Everyone's a winner.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Post by tomasz »

well Johnny1975, its quite simple. If they let you work at home, you will start seeing life from a different view point and perhaps start wondering, this is so much better for me.

Companies want and need to control you, because if you work from home, you are not defined to having someone breathing down your neck.
By you working at home, YOU are the one in control.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Doing some web development on oDesk and last night sold two copies of my software, so that was another $99.90 banked.

Today moving to a cheaper hotel so my time in Thailand should be self-financing.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

You're overlooking the owner of this site, Winston. Not sure on his exact figures but its over $1,000 a month I know that. Plus if I remember he does some freelance work online as well, I assume with code or something.

Affiliate sites work well, just use a good keyword search - http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/niche ... earch-seo/

You can take stock pictures and sell them online to various companies.

You can setup a podcast about your life in your new country with a blog, then monetize it.

All these ways work, some make a few hundred a month, some make thousands of dollars a month.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

tomasz wrote:well Johnny1975, its quite simple. If they let you work at home, you will start seeing life from a different view point and perhaps start wondering, this is so much better for me.

Companies want and need to control you, because if you work from home, you are not defined to having someone breathing down your neck.
By you working at home, YOU are the one in control.
What's wrong with that? As long as you get the job done, what does it matter? It depends on the work I guess. When I worked for the Korean gaming company in Manila, my work was "take home work" with a meeting once a week in the office. More companies in America should do that, if they haven't outsourced their jobs that is. lol
djfourmoney wrote: You're overlooking the owner of this site, Winston. Not sure on his exact figures but its over $1,000 a month I know that. Plus if I remember he does some freelance work online as well, I assume with code or something.
It's about $1800 a month now. I don't do any freelance work on the side.

OP, we have other threads on this topic. Check the FAQ page:
viewtopic.php?t=10859

Also, see my overview article on making money online:
http://blog.happierabroad.com/2012/01/h ... th-vs.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Just picked up a $20 oDesk job today for a bit of phpBB. It's a nice bit of cash in hand and it pays for the hotel for a day.

Also I'm trying to do little quick jobs on oDesk as with more hours and jobs logged, I look much more impressive for other customers.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
predator360
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone here actually making money online?

Post by predator360 »

mguy wrote:Hi! I'm wondering if any of you are actually making money online? What is that you do and how are we looking at here?

I'm dipping into making some moolah online as well as I am one for being independent.

Thanks!
Hi there Rustygecko, If you want to make real money online i am a mentor in my business i provide my downline with the best Training and Exclusive bonuses for them to succeed in my business.

If you're interested click the link below to find out more...

www.CashFlowInfinityDownline.com

P.S: Were Ranked #1 in googles first page!!! Go ahead and Join our business we look forward to hearing from you soon!

I hope this helps Thanks!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Here's an idea that I've just had :

Meetup groups. But in people's houses. Events and get togethers of any kind. Either between people who know each other or complete strangers.

Dinner parties, house parties, drink and chat nights, debate evenings, dating events, orgies, anything.

Members join, and they either organise an event of their choice (maybe have some sort of directory for different types of event) or they look for something to go along to. Those who organise an event pay, those who don't, don't.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Johnny1975 wrote:Here's an idea that I've just had :

Meetup groups. But in people's houses. Events and get togethers of any kind. Either between people who know each other or complete strangers.

Dinner parties, house parties, drink and chat nights, debate evenings, dating events, orgies, anything.

Members join, and they either organise an event of their choice (maybe have some sort of directory for different types of event) or they look for something to go along to. Those who organise an event pay, those who don't, don't.
You can start and organize that kind of thing on Meetup.org. However, I don't know if they will allow you to charge for them.

Or you can hold teleconference seminars like Mark Davis does and charge for each attendee.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston, what I mean is rather than creating a meetup group, I'm talking about creating a means by which anyone can join and advertise any kind of event. But the idea is for people to have events in their own homes. For example, if someone wants to have a dinner party and invite a load of strangers.