American English teacher working in China was a fugitive on America's Most Wanted

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
HappyGuy

American English teacher working in China was a fugitive on America's Most Wanted

Post by HappyGuy »

A Chinese teenager found her former English teacher Dan Hiers on the US Marshalls most wanted list. When this story broke in China it probably did a lot of damage to reputation of western expat English teachers.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: American English teacher working in China was a fugitive on America's Most Wanted

Post by yick »

HappyGuy wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 9:55 pm
A Chinese teenager found her former English teacher Dan Hiers on the US Marshalls most wanted list. When this story broke in China it probably did a lot of damage to reputation of western expat English teachers.

What probably happened is that our students flesh searched us all out to see if we were wanted for any similar type of crime.

Good, I have worked alongside people who are mentally unstable (and I am talking people with paranoid schizophrenia), drunkards, sex pests, are completely unqualified and violent and aggressive - basically, people who have no place working in an academic institution teaching impressionable youngsters.

If the government don't want to do the job is maintaing some sort of standard of who gets employed here and our students do? Well, I applaud them. Saying that, the new measures the Chinese government brought in 2017 has gone a long way of eliminating the worst of the riff-raff.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: American English teacher working in China was a fugitive on America's Most Wanted

Post by Johnny1975 »

yick wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm
My mother is a fat transsexual with a profile on pinalove (https://www.pinalove.com/johnny1975) and I'm a faggot retard.
We are all aware of this.