Carpetbagging opportunities

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Carpetbagging opportunities

Post by Cornfed »

It occurs to me that a lot of small businesses would have had to shut down due to the covid nonsense and now that things are opening up are likely for sale at very cheap prices. The trouble is that a lot of them are likely to be unprofitable for some time to come, such as those related to travel and tourism. A lot of businesses whose use is basically optional such as restaurants and entertainment facilities will likely similarly see downturns for years to come, as will services like yardcare franchises and such. Can anyone suggest categories of businesses that are likely to have gone broke during the shutdown but would now be viable when things are opening up?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Carpetbagging opportunities

Post by gsjackson »

Corny, the big jews are way ahead of you. That's thought to be a big part of the scam -- buying up all these trashed assets for pennies on the dollar, just like they did with the mortgage scam 12 years ago. Run the people out of their houses, snap them up for peanuts and get cash flow going using them as rentals. Then drive up rent prices once the market is cornered.

My haircutter was working in the underground economy six weeks ago. Now she's shuttered up, even though haircutting has been legal for eight days. That's always going to be a viable business. Take over the lease, bring back all the out of work cutters grateful to be employed again, and collect a percentage of the take.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 11:47 am
My haircutter was working in the underground economy six weeks ago. Now she's shuttered up, even though haircutting has been legal for eight days. That's always going to be a viable business. Take over the lease, bring back all the out of work cutters grateful to be employed again, and collect a percentage of the take.
That would be a good one. Unfortunately I don't know how to cut hair and so it would be just boring and moderately profitable bookkeeping work for me. A good idea for some though. Hopefully we can get a few other ideas together.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Cornfed wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 10:42 am
Can anyone suggest categories of businesses that are likely to have gone broke during the shutdown but would now be viable when things are opening up?
Chinese restaurant in a black neighbourhood?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Cornfed wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 10:42 am
Can anyone suggest categories of businesses that are likely to have gone broke during the shutdown but would now be viable when things are opening up?
Chinese restaurant in a black neighbourhood?
Not relevant for me of course, but I guess the blacks would still have had their gibs all through the shutdown and therefore wouldn't be any more impoverished than they were before. I wouldn't have thought they would be such great customers of Chinese restaurants though.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Cornfed wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 1:12 pm
I wouldn't have thought they would be such great customers of Chinese restaurants though.
The Chinese and Koreans were there for a long time and its now common to see fast-food Gyros and Kebabs in the hood often run by Syrians or some other Arabs. I don't know what started the trend perhaps the Muslims of Dearborn Michigan.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Presumably the purpose of the rolling lockdowns we are seeing is to trick people to investing in a business before pulling the rug out and bankrupting them. Maybe the very idea of small business as we know it is now not viable.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I thought carpetbagging was a term used only after the Civil War when greedy people took advantage of the nation's ruin? How does it apply to now? Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 7:45 pm
I thought carpetbagging was a term used only after the Civil War when greedy people took advantage of the nation's ruin? How does it apply to now? Lol
The thread was originally about buying up the assets of businesses ruined by the covid lockdowns for pennies on the dollar, which is analogous to how the Jews etc. took advantage of Southerners ruined by the war.