Fake Job References

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
dano
Freshman Poster

Fake Job References

Post by dano »

Theres a lot of people struggling to find a job right so I thought I would post this. This company offers fake job references to anyone willing to pay for this service. So, if you have a lot of holes in your resume or your just a cold calculating lier help is on the way!

http://careerexcuse.com/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

That is hilarious... what a great idea, thanks for posting :D
greyman2016
Freshman Poster

Post by greyman2016 »

wow didnt know about this one, i even googled it and came across an australian site fakejobreferencesaustralia.com you wouldnt believe what you can find on the net these days
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Fake Job References

Post by Jester »

dano wrote:....if you have a lot of holes in your resume or your just a cold calculating lier help is on the way!

http://careerexcuse.com/
Good find. I hope the existence of this service undermines the comical resume fetish that corporate employers have.

I look at resumes, but mostly as conversation-starters.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How can they do that? Won't the government crack down on this? Doesn't this constitute fraud? What if the recruiter calls the reference and looks up the phone number to make sure your reference is from a real company?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:How can they do that? Won't the government crack down on this? Doesn't this constitute fraud? What if the recruiter calls the reference and looks up the phone number to make sure your reference is from a real company?
I know what you mean. Could be called fraud. Though probably never been prosecuted. Some would say therefore nothing to lose, right?

I would never do it. Even if I got away with it and got the job, I wouldn't sleep right the whole time I had the job.

But FYI I have hired plenty of people without checking references at all. Low-level security guards and commissioned salespeople. Didn't really care if they got fired once. Hell I've been fired myself, so what. But I do ask some questions, and can read people well. These were not jobs in a bank counting money.

My hastiness did bite me in the ass once, but that was in a political campaign, which is highly toxic environment. Lots of spying. Busted two spies but missed one. Oh well.

How do serious fakers get away with it? They could give phone number for a friend who lies for them... Some folks do that when qualifying for a car loan...

Another way is, if the guy is with a competitior, he swears you to secrecy, please don't call my employer. Doesn't want current employer to now he's looking around.

Anyway, have you ever tried calling a corporation and getting voicemail? Slow and tedious process to get answers.

I suppose this is what LinkedIn etc is for - hire people who know someone you know, so you feel you are getting the straight dope?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Ha ha ha... but seriously, I don't think anybody in the USA would need this service. Most corporations will not say anything, good or bad, about a former employee, except

1. His job title
2. His salary
3. His dates of employment

That's why I keep getting jobs :)

I think it would be a bad idea, though, to make up a fake company to fill a gap in a resume. It would be too easy for a prospective employer to discover that.

I also agree with the website that getting a job is 70% presentation and 30% skills and abilities. I sucked at the last 4 jobs I had, and yet I just landed a new one that pays 10% more than the last one, not to mention the fact that it has bonus possibilities that I didn't have before. :) :)
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Hero wrote:Ha ha ha... but seriously, I don't think anybody in the USA would need this service. Most corporations will not say anything, good or bad, about a former employee, except

1. His job title
2. His salary
3. His dates of employment

That's why I keep getting jobs :)

I think it would be a bad idea, though, to make up a fake company to fill a gap in a resume. It would be too easy for a prospective employer to discover that.

I also agree with the website that getting a job is 70% presentation and 30% skills and abilities. I sucked at the last 4 jobs I had, and yet I just landed a new one that pays 10% more than the last one, not to mention the fact that it has bonus possibilities that I didn't have before. :) :)

With all due respect you forgot one, and it is the most important: "Would you rehire this former employee?" The answer is all the interviewer needs to know!
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Adama wrote:With all due respect you forgot one, and it is the most important: "Would you rehire this former employee?" The answer is all the interviewer needs to know!
Not really. Most of the time when they do the pre-employment background check, the person they call is some clown in HR who has no idea what your job performance was like. In any case, your former managers are strictly prohibited from revealing anything about you.

I've got plenty of former managers who think I'm a complete idiot, yet none of them has ever prevented me from getting a new job :D
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:How can they do that? Won't the government crack down on this? Doesn't this constitute fraud? What if the recruiter calls the reference and looks up the phone number to make sure your reference is from a real company?
Companies like this (that provides fake references), and the lack of government action, is one of the reasons why I have a job today. No, I don't use the fake reference companies, but I do work for a company that does background checks on heavy industry contractors, to make sure all their references, employment history, and certifications are valid. On the flip side, we also do background checks on other companies/corporations for stuff like liability insurance, safety record, etc. So if a contractor is offered a job, he/she can check with us (for a fee) to see if the work site had xx fatalities last year. No joke, in heavy industry one hydrocarbon vapor cloud explosion = 15 workers in the morgue and 170 in the hospital, possibly missing limbs. Or a mining accident = 83 workers buried alive.