My Intro - Interested in Africa

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
davewe
Experienced Poster

My Intro - Interested in Africa

Post by davewe »

I just stumbled on this website and here's my story. Well into my 50s (though like everyone else, I say I look younger), twice divorced, last year I went on what I thought was a trip of a lifetime - a safari in Kenya. The plan was a week of safari followed up by a week of sun and fun on the Kenyan coast. Meeting women was the farthest thing from my mind. Nonetheless after the safari, while on the coast I met a beautiful, sexy, then 22 year old woman. She was the pursuer really and gave me her phone number. A couple of nice dates and then I was off to Mombasa to return home. But I got stuck in Mombasa because of last year's Iceland volcanoe.

To my stunned surprise, my new friend wondered whether I would like her to keep me company in Mombasa (a 2 hour drive), where we had a wonderful time. I came home and we continued to email each other. I viewed it as a delightful fantasy but how seriously could I take it? After all, she was young and beautiful - she must want something. Yet a year of emails and all she appeared to want was to see me again. That happened this past month when I returned to Kenya and we spent 9 days together; safari and then beach. It was a great, fun, sexy experience and she was a joy to be with.

Now I am home and not sure what to do. If I pass up this opportunity I feel like I will regret it but still can't help but be stunned by the turn of events in my life. I am not in a position to move abroad (I have 2 kids 1/2 time) but would consider it after retirement. So, I could continue to periodically visit her in Kenya, bring her here for a visit, start traveling internationally to savor the variety, or bring her here to live.

Our next step is to have her come here for a visit and see if she likes it and what might be the next step. Don't want to rush things but I do miss her and life is short! So, we've started the process of getting her a passport and travel visa.

[/img]
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Re: My Intro - Interested in Africa

Post by E_Irizarry »

davewe wrote:I just stumbled on this website and here's my story. Well into my 50s (though like everyone else, I say I look younger), twice divorced, last year I went on what I thought was a trip of a lifetime - a safari in Kenya. The plan was a week of safari followed up by a week of sun and fun on the Kenyan coast. Meeting women was the farthest thing from my mind. Nonetheless after the safari, while on the coast I met a beautiful, sexy, then 22 year old woman. She was the pursuer really and gave me her phone number. A couple of nice dates and then I was off to Mombasa to return home. But I got stuck in Mombasa because of last year's Iceland volcanoe.

To my stunned surprise, my new friend wondered whether I would like her to keep me company in Mombasa (a 2 hour drive), where we had a wonderful time. I came home and we continued to email each other. I viewed it as a delightful fantasy but how seriously could I take it? After all, she was young and beautiful - she must want something. Yet a year of emails and all she appeared to want was to see me again. That happened this past month when I returned to Kenya and we spent 9 days together; safari and then beach. It was a great, fun, sexy experience and she was a joy to be with.

Now I am home and not sure what to do. If I pass up this opportunity I feel like I will regret it but still can't help but be stunned by the turn of events in my life. I am not in a position to move abroad (I have 2 kids 1/2 time) but would consider it after retirement. So, I could continue to periodically visit her in Kenya, bring her here for a visit, start traveling internationally to savor the variety, or bring her here to live.

Our next step is to have her come here for a visit and see if she likes it and what might be the next step. Don't want to rush things but I do miss her and life is short! So, we've started the process of getting her a passport and travel visa.

[/img]
You were on a roll until the last two paragraphs. Never, ever bring her back to your own country. I heard how feminist Iceland was too. It would become an exercise in futility. Go to Kenya and stay with her. So this way, if she were to act up, just go ahead and sleep with other Kenyan women whom would love to have you up inside of them. It would be advantageous to move to her country on your terms because you are the man of the relationship, not she.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Just to clarify, I live in the U.S. (West Coast). I am not in a position to move anywhere - kids and too good a job to give up. I would consider retiring in awhile - maybe 7 years. Hell, she'd only be 30 in 7 years.

This is where the dilema comes in: do I wanna just have occassional fun, do I want variety or do I want a LTR. While I do have the means to travel, I probably could not do it more than twice a year.

But I do understand what you're saying: controlling the frame is easier in Kenya than it might be if she visited me here. OTOH, at my age my access to young hotties is a bit limited in the U.S. Typically late 30s is the youngest I get to date and even that's a struggle.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

davewe wrote:I just stumbled on this website and here's my story. Well into my 50s (though like everyone else, I say I look younger), twice divorced, last year I went on what I thought was a trip of a lifetime - a safari in Kenya. The plan was a week of safari followed up by a week of sun and fun on the Kenyan coast. Meeting women was the farthest thing from my mind. Nonetheless after the safari, while on the coast I met a beautiful, sexy, then 22 year old woman. She was the pursuer really and gave me her phone number. A couple of nice dates and then I was off to Mombasa to return home. But I got stuck in Mombasa because of last year's Iceland volcanoe.

[/img]
I would keep her overseas until you can retire. Don't bring her back to some Western country and have her become corrupted in the process.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Anything is possible. But be careful, very careful, especially if she is Kikuya. You need to understand better where she is truly coming from before you bring her to USA. So many of these girls marry Germans just to get into that country. You need to spend more time with her in Kenya if at all possible. Learn more about the country and its culture. And she how your relationship evolves over time there. Now even if she passes all the tests there, you gotta know that America can really spoil nice girls, especially younger ones. Its really risky unless you don't mind enjoying her for as long as she stays nice and then going through a third divorce when things get too bad.

Perhaps it helps that she's from the countryside and not Nairobi or Mombasa, especially if she is from one of the more traditional minded tribes. But still, you've got 3 big gaps working against you - economic, culture/race, and age. A more viable strategy would be to take trips over on your holidays with the view to retire there one day, and enjoy many girls instead of pinning all your hopes down on one. This could work if you are polyamorous like some of the guys on the forum.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:Anything is possible. But be careful, very careful, especially if she is Kikuya. You need to understand better where she is truly coming from before you bring her to USA. So many of these girls marry Germans just to get into that country. You need to spend more time with her in Kenya if at all possible. Learn more about the country and its culture. And she how your relationship evolves over time there. Now even if she passes all the tests there, you gotta know that America can really spoil nice girls, especially younger ones. Its really risky unless you don't mind enjoying her for as long as she stays nice and then going through a third divorce when things get too bad.

Perhaps it helps that she's from the countryside and not Nairobi or Mombasa, especially if she is from one of the more traditional minded tribes. But still, you've got 3 big gaps working against you - economic, culture/race, and age. A more viable strategy would be to take trips over on your holidays with the view to retire there one day, and enjoy many girls instead of pinning all your hopes down on one. This could work if you are polyamorous like some of the guys on the forum.
Thanks for all this great advise, everyone - it's exactly what I need. Keep it coming.

One of the problems I have since I returned home is how are the women here going to match up with my Kenyan girl; either in looks, sexiness, general spirit, and attitude toward me. While I can get women here, the effort that I have to make is huge and the rewards modest. Whenever I look at an American who might deign to date or sleep with me and compare her to my Kenyan girl - well there's no comparison. And let's face it, having a beautiful girl overtly interested in you is quite compelling. It rarely happens here that way. In short, I miss being the prize.

But I guess it's hard for me to believe that this is a standard experience that can happen again and again for me as I travel. If it is, I want more. If this was a once in a blue moon experience, then I should consider signing her up or the long haul. At least that was my original thinking.

So, what do you all think. Can one travel this way or do you have to move to the country for these experiences to happen continually?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

What Rock and zboy1 said! +2

To paraphrase: if you were to bring her back here to the U.S. of Gay, the age disparity between you and she would have American feminists just scorning you to kibbles and bits if they were to see you guys in public, even in faster-pace Frisco, Oaktown, and San Hoe (or Daygo, LA, South central, Inglewood, Compton, Ontario, etc.).

The culture/race thing would be Mortal Kombat "Finish Him" (tm) if you two were to do your thing over here. Snide remarks like "She gotta be his concubine", et al and snarls and snickers (no pun intended to the colorimetric mix of Snickers (tm)) would exhibit themselves.

You have to keep her intertwined into your game fabric. That's going to be the challenge. Please put that money away. If you get hunger pains and decide to hit up Bennigans or a 5-star restaurant too often, that can work against your savings and health.

Begin to prepare more home foods in order to improve and salvage your health so you'll be ready for her when that time comes again.

Maybe I'm digressing, but I just wanted to paraphrase here.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

davewe wrote: Thanks for all this great advise, everyone - it's exactly what I need. Keep it coming.

One of the problems I have since I returned home is how are the women here going to match up with my Kenyan girl; either in looks, sexiness, general spirit, and attitude toward me. While I can get women here, the effort that I have to make is huge and the rewards modest. Whenever I look at an American who might deign to date or sleep with me and compare her to my Kenyan girl - well there's no comparison. And let's face it, having a beautiful girl overtly interested in you is quite compelling. It rarely happens here that way. In short, I miss being the prize.

But I guess it's hard for me to believe that this is a standard experience that can happen again and again for me as I travel. If it is, I want more. If this was a once in a blue moon experience, then I should consider signing her up or the long haul. At least that was my original thinking.

So, what do you all think. Can one travel this way or do you have to move to the country for these experiences to happen continually?
Some of the others here may disagree with me on this. But I think its fairly rare to find a hot young foreign woman almost anywhere who will be interested in a 50 something unless he's playing the role of a sugar daddy. Older guys generally need a financial handicap to get anywhere with such girls. So, if and when you do find an exception to this, its certainly worth considering deeply and doing some due dilligence if that's what you want. However a youthful looking 50 something American overseas could probably attract a lot of genuine interest from women in the the early 30s to early 40s set in CIS countries or much of Asia. And some of these women are still childless and look quite hot.

Also, large age gap relationships involving foreigners are much more common in some areas than others. The usual suspects are Philippines, Cambodia, and maybe Indonesia; places where, IMO, most girls are too small and rough looking to be considered genuinely sexy as adults. But I would also add a lot of African countries to this list. The African advantage is that fairly hot to stunner class types are much more common, especially in some of the largest urban areas.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

E_Irizarry wrote:What Rock and zboy1 said! +2

To paraphrase: if you were to bring her back here to the U.S. of Gay, the age disparity between you and she would have American feminists just scorning you to kibbles and bits if they were to see you guys in public, even in faster-pace Frisco, Oaktown, and San Hoe (or Daygo, LA, South central, Inglewood, Compton, Ontario, etc.).

The culture/race thing would be Mortal Kombat "Finish Him" (tm) if you two were to do your thing over here. Snide remarks like "She gotta be his concubine", et al and snarls and snickers (no pun intended to the colorimetric mix of Snickers (tm)) would exhibit themselves.

You have to keep her intertwined into your game fabric. That's going to be the challenge. Please put that money away. If you get hunger pains and decide to hit up Bennigans or a 5-star restaurant too often, that can work against your savings and health.

Begin to prepare more home foods in order to improve and salvage your health so you'll be ready for her when that time comes again.

Maybe I'm digressing, but I just wanted to paraphrase here.

Not to beat this all to death but one of the advantages of "old age" is that I could not care less about what others think or who might scorn me. Ironically a lot of my friends have been encouraging me with my Kenyan friend. So, that's not a big factor.

I've already been married to an African-American and live in one of the most liberal cities in the U.S. regarding inter-racial relationships; also have 2 biracial kids. So, again, not a big deal.

But, I certainly am concerned about bringing someone here and seeing them change with the culture. And of course, i am aware that many women want to come to the U.S. for economics and/or Green Card. OTOH, as mentioned by someone, if it turned out to be a few fun years followed by a breakup; that's not necessarily the worst thing.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:
davewe wrote: Thanks for all this great advise, everyone - it's exactly what I need. Keep it coming.

Some of the others here may disagree with me on this. But I think its fairly rare to find a hot young foreign woman almost anywhere who will be interested in a 50 something unless he's playing the role of a sugar daddy. Older guys generally need a financial handicap to get anywhere with such girls. So, if and when you do find an exception to this, its certainly worth considering deeply and doing some due dilligence if that's what you want. However a youthful looking 50 something American overseas could probably attract a lot of genuine interest from women in the the early 30s to early 40s set in CIS countries or much of Asia. And some of these women are still childless and look quite hot.

Also, large age gap relationships involving foreigners are much more common in some areas than others. The usual suspects are Philippines, Cambodia, and maybe Indonesia; places where, IMO, most girls are too small and rough looking to be considered genuinely sexy as adults. But I would also add a lot of African countries to this list. The African advantage is that fairly hot to stunner class types are much more common, especially in some of the largest urban areas.
So, either I just lucked out or sooner or later I'm gonna get hit up for money. Correct? Frankly, so far she's been cheaper than either of my wives :)

Again, I realize I am just learning here but isn't this the whole point; that you can travel and find younger , hotter and nicer women abroad than in the U.S. I can date early 40s women in the U.S. Are you trying to talk me out of traveling or just implying that I hit a one shot deal here?
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

ditto what the other smart dudes said about NOT bringing her to the states...she will get brainwashed rapidly but the femenist mindset and culture.

i appreciate your honesty about the indifference your 50+ years offers you....but thats not the issue...its what others think and convince your african partner to think-do. they will corrupt her in short order...no doubt ruin your good thing.

ONLY see her in africa or set the table for your own undoing in the states.

not to be callous, but, due to a recent divorce...you may be putting this gal up on a pedestal as if you couldnt replace her if need be...there are PLENTY of good fish overseas and if this one gets off the hook another will soon be biting your worm so to speak.

dont get fixated on one chick... and definately dont bring that chick to the states.

ive spoken my peace haha good luck and congrats.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

onezero4u wrote:ditto what the other smart dudes said about NOT bringing her to the states...she will get brainwashed rapidly but the femenist mindset and culture.

i appreciate your honesty about the indifference your 50+ years offers you....but thats not the issue...its what others think and convince your african partner to think-do. they will corrupt her in short order...no doubt ruin your good thing.

not to be callous, but, due to a recent divorce...you may be putting this gal up on a pedestal as if you couldnt replace her if need be...there are PLENTY of good fish overseas and if this one gets off the hook another will soon be biting your worm so to speak.

dont get fixated on one chick... and definately dont bring that chick to the states.

I love E.P.A. and doesn't stand for East Palo Alto. lOL It's stands for "eloquent perverted articulations" This very post was a nice EPA. I like how onezero4u said that the chicks would be biting your worm so to speak if that fish gets off of your hook. Nice sh_t. LOL

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

onezero4u wrote:ditto what the other smart dudes said about NOT bringing her to the states...she will get brainwashed rapidly but the femenist mindset and culture.

Good stuff - thanks. Just a clarification. I am not recently divorced - thank God!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Davewe

Abroad is a big place so it’s hard to discuss it as if it were just one country. And Kenya, like most other African countries has multiple cultures and tribes. A Kikuyu or Luo girl from a middle class Nairobi family is a very different can of worms than a Massai girl who grew-up on the plains. And Mombasa tends to attract tourist opportunists from many areas of the country. Generally, I believe a lot of Kenyan girls prefer to be with men from their own tribal backgrounds, all else equal. But there are outlier exceptions, girls who are very curious or interested in white guys. Having said this, I believe the driving dynamic at play in the majority of Muzungu-Kenyan relationships is that white foreigners are considered downright rich by most locals. And Kenya is poor and desperate enough that just a western passport alone is a big motivator.

As to your specific girl, I don't know whether or not she will hit you up for money eventually. To get a much better idea, you should research her culture and tribe and see how marriages are typically handled. Get to know her family members to better understand their values and expectations of you. And talk to expats who live in her community if you can find any. But, as I said before, even if she and her family turn out to be super nice and just have modest expectations, the US environment could easily corrupt a young girl.

Regarding the more general topic of large age gap relationships with foreigner women, read-up on some of Ladislav’s posts. He’s lived his life traveling the world, is over 50 now, and is generally optimistic on the prospects, especially for guys who take care of themselves and look good for their age. And to give you a bit of encouragement, one of my friends in LA area married an early 20s attractive middle class Chinese when he was about 50 (high 20s age gap) and brought her to live with him in the States. He met her in China and they dated for about 2.5 years, mainly online. It’s not been perfect because she's got a strong and feisty personality. But I'm pretty sure she's remained completely faithful and they now have 2 kids. I think she's got a good heart but like many Chinese women, likes to control things. BTW, he's very short and earns just a modest income. And, Mark Edwards from this forum who takes men on romance tours to the Ukraine married a Ukrainian woman around 25 years his junior and so far they both seem very happy settled in California.

Often, the girls who look best to local guys in a country are much harder to attract for a foreigner, especially an older one. For example, in Thailand, the girls most commonly seen with westerners are the darker skinned rougher looking girls from the impoverished north east. Locals tend to prefer a NE Asian classy and refined look more typical of central Thais. In Kenya, the most popular spec is going to be for girls with lighter skin and a hard but large and round booty. Darker skinned girls and thinner girls with less pronounced curves will not be put-up on the pedestal as much by local guys, even if they have decent sized tits. But this is all just broad-brushed generalizations. About anything can happen.

Please stay active on this forum and share your stories as they unfold. Africa is very under-represented here as a potential destination.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Davewe,

Thanks for sharing your story with the forum! I suppose the biggest question you have to ask yourself is: how well do you like her? If you stay in constant communication with her it's easy to build a strong relationship even talking to her online.

See here's the golden question for you Davewe, if you do like her a lot then go for it. I'm approx 5 years younger than you and I don't need to remind you the older you get, the faster time flies bye. You blink twice and you are now pushing 60 years old and you'll be kicking yourself if you passed on a good opportunity with this lady.

I look at your picture and I see a good looking couple. Screw the age difference, it's not that big of a deal. I'm 49 and my wife is 30 years old. Nobody cares and nobody stares especially if you live in a liberal city.

I disagree with the guys on here saying never bring a foreign girl over to the States. That's complete bullcrap. That said, you NEED to take your time and make sure she is in it for love and she doesn't have any alterior motives. I spent over two years communicating with my wife before I agreed to bring her over from Philippines. I was very cautious and did my due dilligence. But I'm glad that I did because my life is now amazing! I'm also finding that she hasn't changed much at all. She's still a small province girl at heart and doesn't imbrace much of the American lifestyle because she doesn't like what she sees.

Good women are hard to find Davewe. If you think she's the one, then go for it!