Hi! Looking for answers..

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
panzertape
Freshman Poster

Hi! Looking for answers..

Post by panzertape »

Hello, my name is Philippe, I am French Canadian, early twenties.

I have always had trouble with dating here, for some reason I don't seem to get much attention from the women here and eventually I started looking at the PUA stuff.. The impression I got was that I'm somehow "broken" and I need to adapt, blahblah. Deep inside of me, I don't really want to have to jump through all sorts of hoops and games just to get some attention. On a whim one summer I decided to go on a trip to Japan, and let me tell you that really was a blast! Fast forward 2 years later, nothing has changed here and I want out.

So, being a first year uni student, my original plan was to complete my degree and then move somewhere in Europe, but now I'm contemplating doing a semester abroad in the Philippines. However, so far this seems like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, I have no clue if it's going to be possible.

I digress. Thanks for reading me.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

definately do a semester abroad somewhere in asia. IT could be anywhere such as Japan, China, Nepal, Phillipines, Thailand or wherever. That would be your best bet for the immediate future. Students usually do this in their Junior or sophomore year. Try to do a full year abroad if you can.
panzertape
Freshman Poster

Post by panzertape »

I would so love to go for a whole year. I had a look at China as well, that could be easier in terms of paperwork and all since there are already partner universities there. I'll have to ask around. The problem with Japan is that everything is so expensive, I'm not sure how I would break even. We Quebecers may have the cheapest university fees in N.A, but I still need to be careful with this.

Also, the PI has the handy advantage of English everywhere.. Learning languages is a big hobby of mine, but let's get real here, I'm not going to learn fluent Chinese in a summer.

Dunno, maybe I'm whining too much :)
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Hi! Looking for answers..

Post by jamesbond »

panzertape wrote:Hello, my name is Philippe, I am French Canadian, early twenties.

I have always had trouble with dating here, for some reason I don't seem to get much attention from the women here and eventually I started looking at the PUA stuff.. The impression I got was that I'm somehow "broken" and I need to adapt, blahblah. Deep inside of me, I don't really want to have to jump through all sorts of hoops and games just to get some attention. On a whim one summer I decided to go on a trip to Japan, and let me tell you that really was a blast! Fast forward 2 years later, nothing has changed here and I want out.

So, being a first year uni student, my original plan was to complete my degree and then move somewhere in Europe, but now I'm contemplating doing a semester abroad in the Philippines. However, so far this seems like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, I have no clue if it's going to be possible.

I digress. Thanks for reading me.
Welcome panzertape, glad you found our forum. I like you don't like the idea of having to "jump through hoops" in order to meet women and impress women. You can't go wrong living in the Philippines or Europe. Let us know what you decide to do.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
panzertape
Freshman Poster

Post by panzertape »

Quick follow-up,
It seems my school is very keen on sending students on exchanges abroad, so that's what I'm going to do – the candidates are China (Nottingham campus, seems very cool), Germany/Austria, Malaysia and Japan. I have been learning German for a while now. Not really sure what I want, so far the options I like most are China and Germany, so I guess i'll apply for both and see. I know nothing about Malaysia except that the campus is located 30km from Kuala Lumpur..
I have to check a few things.. If possible I'd like to avoid being in the middle of a 20M people city such as Tokyo.
algernonsidney
Freshman Poster

Re: Hi! Looking for answers..

Post by algernonsidney »

panzertape wrote: I started looking at the PUA stuff.
Whom did you read or study? Name names.

Did it work for you?