Long Time Reader First Time Member

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Long Time Reader First Time Member

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Move to Japan. To my knowledge, there are only two civilized cultures left in the world, Japanese and Orthodox Jewish. You are lucky to have some connection to one of these. America is a horrible moral cesspool. Get out.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, lone_yakuza! Since you're not attracted to Asian girls, how about moving to some place like Germany? I heard European girls are much more receptive to Asian men than the Anglo countries (U.S./Canadian/Australian, etc.). Also, why not think about moving back to Asia? I'm trying to do that as we speak. Actually, in Asia nowadays, there are a lot of White women living and working in Asia. There's also a sizable Black and Indian population throughout Asia in places like Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

Even in South Korea, I was shocked to see so many foreigners in the country. I saw some Korean men with all kinds of women Black, White, or whatever. So, don't automatically leave out Japan or other Asian country off your itinerary.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Long Time Reader First Time Member

Post by Jester »

Welcome to active posting. Like the name.
lone_yakuza wrote: That could also be due to my somewhat lone-wolf personality and cold attitude towards people (but what do you expect from me after years of being abused and hated simply for being an Asian guy).
I just posted about this phenomenon on another thread. You don't get to complain about racism if you refuse to conform. Forget about LOOKING different - you admit you are ACTING different. That's your choice. But my suggestion to anyone without great people skills - if they don't want to work in sales - is to take some acting classes. Or any kind of public performance. Americans are the best marketers and the best actors in the world. It is a skill that can be learned. A little will go a long way. I know from experience.

And - you're a musician??! :shock: Jeez get out there and perform, you will have no problem with chicks. And aloof-game will actually work in that setting.

lone_yakuza wrote: ......if I am going to find a long term girlfriend or get married, I am definitely looking at Scandinavian girls or Eastern European girls.

Also, I love cold weather and climate and am very resistant to cold (thanks to Siberian, Hokkaido Japanese, and Dutch genes) so I think I would be a very good match for girls from Scandinavia or Russia.
Finland or Estonia or Russian Lapland (Karelia).

The people look White, and theirs is a more-or-less White culture, but with some of those Finno-Ugric roots. Folks there are aware of the reindeer-herding roots. Might be a nice fit with Hokkaido/White mix. And plenty of snow too. I think Hokkaido is nuts for same hot-springs-in-cold-weather kind of extremes that they are.

I would guess that Finland is probably the best place to get in and actually find work. f***ing hard language to learn, but that's good, keeps most of us out. Good place to live.

Russian Far East might be an interesting place as well. Lots of Whites, but they see some Asian faces. Fear Chinese a little, but respect Japanese - I think.

I am speaking without experience, I have only met people from these countries. Hopefully Ladislav or someone will chime in. Ladislav probably knows which sections of Ukraine and Russia and EE are most open to Asian-looking people. He has probably posted on this already. But lots of folks there do have Mongol or Tatar blood, etc. The mixed-White girls in Ukraine sure look good to me!

PS - Guys - who was the Korean-Am member here who was treking from Vladivostok to Mongolia? He was posting some great stuff that might be of interest to this guy.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Welcome!

There are quite a few forum members here who are Asian-American male university students in their early 20's, including Dragon and me. I'm sure you'll find a lot of great resources and make a lot of great friends here. :D
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:Welcome!

There are quite a few forum members here who are Asian-American male university students in their early 20's, including Dragon and me. I'm sure you'll find a lot of great resources and make a lot of great friends here. :D
I wanna crack a joke about the new movie called "The Dragon Falcon Yakuza Triad", but someone is gonna say I'm stereotypin'...
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Re: Long Time Reader First Time Member

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jester wrote:I wanna crack a joke about the new movie called "The Dragon Falcon Yakuza Triad", but someone is gonna say I'm stereotypin'...
The Falcon will take over Latin America.
The Dragon will take over Southeast Asia.
The Yakuza will take over Eastern Europe.

Getting closer and closer to an NWO. :wink:
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

I understand your feeling because me personally, I also have no interest in asian girls either. Years ago I did but I no longer have an interest. An asian girl can be a perfect 10 and interested in me and I would actually deny having a relationship. I might just have sex with her but that's it. I just have no interest in them at all, no attraction for some reason. I agree that it is a little harder for asian guys that have interest in non asian women. I'm half asian half european but I'm usually still classified as "asian" to people mainly due to my eyes I believe. I think Europe would definitely be a better place for you though. I'm planning on my first trip to Europe in Spring so hopefully I'll be able to report some good news when I get back.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Jester wrote:
Falcon wrote:Welcome!

I wanna crack a joke about the new movie called "The Dragon Falcon Yakuza Triad", but someone is gonna say I'm stereotypin'...
I see someone is asking to be drowned in a bath tub full of soy sauce.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

While Asian men are portrayed as being less "manly" I think the overall problem is not that you're Asian but rather that you're short. I know Asian men who are over 6 feet tall and they have greater dating success in the United States than I ever did (I'm white, the supposed "dominant race" but because I'm only 5'9 many women refused to date me and even told me it was due to not being tall). Despite them being Asian and me being white, they still had greater dating success simply because they were taller; height is what matters most to American women, more than "confidence" and "sense of humor" and all that other stuff they claim to care about but really don't.

I am a Marine Corps veteran and I saw absolutely no anti-Asian sentiment when I was in the service. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I think the Daniel Chen incident was a rare example of racism in the military that completely ignores the thousands of other Asian troops in the US military who never experienced what he did. Exceptions do not make a rule.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

AmericanInMexico wrote:While Asian men are portrayed as being less "manly" I think the overall problem is not that you're Asian but rather that you're short. I know Asian men who are over 6 feet tall and they have greater dating success in the United States than I ever did (I'm white, the supposed "dominant race" but because I'm only 5'9 many women refused to date me and even told me it was due to not being tall). Despite them being Asian and me being white, they still had greater dating success simply because they were taller; height is what matters most to American women, more than "confidence" and "sense of humor" and all that other stuff they claim to care about but really don't.

I am a Marine Corps veteran and I saw absolutely no anti-Asian sentiment when I was in the service. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I think the Daniel Chen incident was a rare example of racism in the military that completely ignores the thousands of other Asian troops in the US military who never experienced what he did. Exceptions do not make a rule.
I have a different take on this.

For me, the problem was neither racism nor height. I stay out of the whole "racism against Asian-American males" issue, and am neutral about it. Sure, it does exist to some extent and floats around many Americans' subconscious minds, but I have not experienced overt racism that would have affected my dating and ability to socialize / make friends. In California, most AA men are still mostly dating AA women, despite all the talk about the "white male - Asian female" trend.

Also, I stand at 6' 0".

The problems were:
(1) Fitting into mainstream American youth culture
(2) The ridiculous dating scene, as experienced by those of nearly all races, backgrounds, personalities, and looks
(3) Not being a typical Asian American

As I've said in other threads, I have had the worst experiences with Asian-American girls. It was especially bad in high school. White and black American women have in fact been much more friendly and open with me than the Asian-American ones have. Some Asian-American women tend to be cold, disinterested, and unfriendly with me. Many others are quite friendly too, but would display no romantic interest at all; trying to initiate courtship with them often turns out to be disastrous. This could because I'm a very atypical Asian-American guy, and that I'm just too different for most Asian-American women:

- Narrow-mindedness: They tend to believe that a prestigious degree and job should be the goals of life, whereas I don't.
- Cliquishness: They stick to their own so-called "Asian" cliques that are highly judgmental of outsiders.
- Conformism: They tend to adhere closely to upper-middle-class Anglo-American ideals. The media plays a big role: they are glued to mainstream American music, TV shows, and other mass-produced junk.
- Incompetency of or dislike for their heritage culture and language: I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese, and many of them are not. Many would be very annoyed whenever I would speak Chinese to them, despite their claiming to be this "AZN" identity.

What I've noticed is that most Asian Americans in California like to date others who are very similar to them, and I am not quite similar to them. I always stand out among Asian Americans as an interesting character who is fun to talk to and to be friends with. But they would always slot me into the "friend zone," whereas this is not the case in China and Mexico. Asian Americans, and even their parents, often tell me how I'm so different from the rest of them. But with non-Asians, they hardly ever bring this up in ways that are subtly negative.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.