Korean from America

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
shiro2142
Freshman Poster

Korean from America

Post by shiro2142 »

Hello everybody,

My online name is shiro2142. I am a short (5'5") American of Korean descent. At least that is the first thing that people see. I also have a not very useful BA in Philosophy from a second tier state university. I am currently 29 with just a little bit of expat experience. Iv'e studied abroad in China and went through with a offer to teach English in Thailand in a province near Bangkok. I am not very good with languages but I have been very motivated to learn Korea, Chinese, and German. My best language other than English is Korean but I am not perfect in it.

I would very much either like to study abroad again or pursue a graduate degree abroad.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Korean from America

Post by Winston »

Welcome. How did you find us? Have you been abroad before?

What made you study philosophy? Very few Asians are interested in that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
shiro2142
Freshman Poster

Post by shiro2142 »

Winston wrote:Welcome. How did you find us? Have you been abroad before?

What made you study philosophy? Very few Asians are interested in that.
I had entered a google search on something like "American women are not worth it" or something and it lead to this site. Then I bought the ebooks before I went to Thailand.

I mentioned before that I studied and worked abroad in China and Thailand but I have also visited Germany, Scandanavia, and the Philippines. I have to say that Scandanavian culture was eerily similar to Oregonian culture except for healthier physiques in the former.

My first major was history but I changed to philosophy since the uniIversity's administration wanted to label me "undeclared" since I didn't have a 3.2 GPA and I don't let anyone make choices like that for me. I also enjoy critically critiquing entrenched ways of doing things such as law and local culture, as such I got an award from my deparment for, "telling it how it is." An example is when white people say, "Thais are so friendly!" I can see past this for how Thais really are: its a venear to extract extra money from compassionate foreigners. The same women who took a group picture with some farangs just cheated them. Land of smiles to disarm. I also don't like the groupthink unreflecting nature of Thai culture, why should I? Its only prudent not to voice the dissent while you're there but I sure as hell don't respect it. It is true that most Asians weren't interested in philosophy back in school, they largely majored in business related or IT fields, but then again there were only twenty undergraduate and fifteen graduate students majoring in philosophy.
shiro2142
Freshman Poster

Post by shiro2142 »

btw, Winston. The girl on you're right (our left) in you're current profile picture is smokin. Do you still keep in touch?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

What's up, Shiro?

I'm also a Korean American on this forum and so is Chanta; welcome to the forum.

Asian women like Korean men, but I'm sure you've noticed that being in Asia? If not, then you're doing something wrong, in my opinion. Chinese women, especially, think positively of Korean men, as so do most other Asian women, except for Japanese women, I heard; Koreans are heavily discriminated in that country. ...
shiro2142
Freshman Poster

Post by shiro2142 »

indeed, I reciprocate the affection I deem for Chinese women. I will conclude that they are the tallest and most beautiful women in Asia, the northern ones. I wanted to marry a chinese lady I met at Peking University. Not only in regards to looks but they have a good sense of humor and tight grasp of English.