Hello Everyone! Korean American lurker makes his debut finally!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Hello Everyone! Korean American lurker makes his debut finally!

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Hello everyone

I joined this forum because I completely agree with Winston's experience with living in America and I just want to share bit of my personal though here. I have been a lurker on this website for a while and I read all the intros and everything that Winston wrote. I completely agree with everything he said, word to word, and I really want to say thank you for creating a website like this. I don’t normally write in public forums but I feel that America has become a dysfunctional dystopian wasteland and a complete cultural/social/spiritual/intellectual cesspool that slowly erode your soul and spirit. It is also like a maximum security prison run by the inmates and a mental asylum ran by the insane.

I am planning to save money and travel abroad just to see what Winston and others here say is true. I know other countries have their own problems and I have to do lot of research, save up money, and learn the local lingo before going to other countries. I am thinking about visiting Central, Eastern Europe and Latin America. I have not formulated a definite plan yet… I hear that Western Europe has also been afflicted by the ongoing Americanization process….so I will cross it out from my list.

Thank you, I am looking forward to contribute in this forum more in the future.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Hello Everyone!

what? no welcoming party? :-(
anyone? anyone?..
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Camraderie isn't a main feature of this site. Pissing contests and exposing sock accounts are far more the rule. You never can tell what's going to generate a response. Moderator James Bond is the only one who makes a habit of welcoming new people and he checks in about once a week. Winston would, but his attention is spread pretty widely and not easily captured. In any event, welcome. It's not any warm and fuzzy brotherhood, but if you check in from time to time with an open mind you're liable to come across some informative and eye-opening things now and then. One clearly positive feature -- you'll almost never encounter political correctness or virtue signaling.

Yeah, I'd steer clear of western Europe. It's got most of the American pathologies, and is even more expensive. I'm currently in the Balkans, which I consider a nice mix of the things people here seem to be looking for, at a low cost of living. But then we're still in Crazy Time, and no place is worth going to right now. Here in Serbia they just ramped up the crazy by setting a 9 p.m. curfew yesterday.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 2:23 pm
anyone? anyone?..
Sorry, how is your day ? Life is tough these days for most isn't it..
Time to Hide!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Thanks for letting me know gsjackson. I assure you,I don't want to waste your time or any one else's time here. I just stumbled into this website few months go and decided to take a big step to make a new account and hopefully get some useful info about being happier abroad. Instead most of the threads here is about conspiracy theories and constant flame wars...which I find pretty amusing. I am not much of a forum poster as I got real life obligations such as a full time job and bunch of bills to pay. I also don't have plenty of time like some of other ppl here and post wall of texts all day.

I can see how Winston's attention is spread too thin here.. He has to maintain the entire website and post replies and thread every where.. and handle really off the wall, bat sh1t crazy people here...which I will not name... But there are some decent people out here like ladislav, public duende, momopi, falcon, everdred, etc.

Yeah I was going to plan a trip to Western Europe(UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy) but now it seems those countries are totally F*cked with PC liberal policies, millions of undocumented migrants, mass unemployment and expensive cost of living and mediocre wages. Germany is getting there, but at least I heard the women are "marginally" bit better than those in the United States, their "Pay per play" is legal and they have a strong economy there compared to other European countries. I would also like to go to Scandinavian countries but heard everything there is expensive, and they suffer the same problems as in Western Europe.

I agree, its a crazy times now because of COVID 19. I am currently postponing my plans to go anywhere because you never know if they make you quarantine for 14 days or send you to jail.. or something.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Moretorque wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 3:07 pm
November 18th, 2020, 2:23 pm
anyone? anyone?..
Sorry, how is your day ? Life is tough these days for most isn't it..
Hello, I am doing fine and you?. Fortunately I still have my old job in midst of a Global Pandemic.
I work in the Logistics Industry and I live near New York City. Logistics is necessary even in the middle of the Pandemic, so people can get their last piece of toilet paper or Tylenol at Walmart before it runs out and people kill each other for it.lol. I don't know what will happen if America runs out of food as farmers are dumping everything instead of distributing to the masses.

Life is tough in America if you ask me. The women are almost un-date-able for the average guy, millions are getting laid off,
all the good restaurants are closed because of COVID19.. you also got this silly Social justice Warrior Liberal PC running amok...
taxes are high, the rent is also too damn high, the government is doing nothing to save its citizens..etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome Natural Born Cynic,
Glad you love my writings. Glad others can relate, because this kind of stuff never gets talked about publicly, even online. Everyone is into useless topics only like what you hear in the media, which is all topics that you can't do anything about.

Where are you from?

Another possible reason no one said hello to you for a while, is that threads titled with "Hello Everyone" have often been posted by spammers, because it's so generic.

Even though Western Europe is feminist, I wouldn't rule it out. It has awesome culture still, and you can't generalize a country unless you've been there. Because everyone has a different experience there, some do well in Western Europe. Some even do well in Japan or Korea, even though no one recommends you go there for girls. But some guys get lucky or have good fate or energy there, and so they are able to get girlfriends or wives. Because not every guy's luck is the same. So you never know until you try. There are guys who go to Britain or France and find a girl too. It's not impossible. So keep an open mind until you've experienced it. Because everyone's experience is unique.

Just something to keep in mind.

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Thank you, and its a honor to talk to the head man himself.
I loved all of your writings and read it over several times. I never read an internet article over several times as a rule, but I always look back to your old writings and articles when i get frustrated and depressed with the soul sucking environment that is the United States.

I am sorry about the title, I just followed what the other guys are posting on their intro thread title. I will keep that in mind.

I am originally from South Korea and immigrated to the U.S when I was just a kid. I lived in America for more than 20 something years and experienced the similar situation as yourself had experienced. The bullying and ostracization in High School, the empty loneliness and fake empty party culture in University, and the impersonal and the famous american ice wall and various cliques.

I am South Korean and I can also tell you South Korea has also been afflicted by the "Americanization process". People used to be warm and kind hearted back in the 90's before I left my country. But now, they become just as selfish, cliquish, materialistic, shallow and cold as the Americans. I don't know about some of the posters here in the forum who are Korean and who experienced the good life in Korea, but if your a Native Korean in South Korea, I assure you, you are not going to have an easy and enjoyable life there unless you are loaded with money and have good connections. It is also a brutal meat grinder over there.

Anyway, thank you for inviting me to your website.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

November 18th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Yeah I was going to plan a trip to Western Europe(UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy) but now it seems those countries are totally F*cked with PC liberal policies, millions of undocumented migrants, mass unemployment and expensive cost of living and mediocre wages. Germany is getting there, but at least I heard the women are "marginally" bit better than those in the United States, their "Pay per play" is legal and they have a strong economy there compared to other European countries. I would also like to go to Scandinavian countries but heard everything there is expensive, and they suffer the same problems as in Western Europe.

So you turning up - you're just going to add to the problem...

As for the welcome mat - do you know how many dream merchants and their big ideas turn up here... they just end up on a ultra whinge about how immigrants and feminists are ruining their life :roll:
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

yick wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 5:57 pm

So you turning up - you're just going to add to the problem...

As for the welcome mat - do you know how many dream merchants and their big ideas turn up here... they just end up on a ultra whinge about how immigrants and feminists are ruining their life :roll:
I see what your saying. Okay ,so I will keep myself nice and quiet then since you think I will add the fuel to the fire...
and thanks for the welcome mat. This is a nice and interesting website. Better for me to watch the firework from the sidelines and from afar.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I agree, its a crazy times now because of COVID 19. I am currently postponing my plans to go anywhere because you never know if they make you quarantine for 14 days or send you to jail.. or something.
Well, you can know as of the current date. Just find the U.S. State Dept's website for that country. Usually typing in the name of the country and covid 19 will produce that website. Add "US State Dept" if that doesn't bring it up. But the media have decreed that we're going to get extra doses of crazy in the near future, so things are liable to change at any time in any given country.

Don't worry about wasting anybody's time here. As you can see, we have lots of it to kill.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks NBC.

Im glad someone out there finds solace and validation in my writings. Its hard being a lone wolf. No one else even touches these subjects. Everyone assumes america and the world are the same thing.

I also like to read stuff that validates my feelings too. Its good to know one is not alone. How did u find this site before?

I know what u mean about the cliquishness of korea and NE asia. Taiwan is like that too. NE asia is cliquish like america. Especially the women, they never make eye contact with u and treat strangers as if they are invisible. You cant flirt like u can in most countries. I saw many korean girls in Philippines and they never make eye contact or talk to anyone outside their clique. Like high school girls.

Isnt it tough being asian american? You're expected to be this conformist nerd who is all about career and education, with no opinions. And other asian americans around u wont like u if ur not the same and all about career and making money and being cool etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Winston wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 3:07 am
Thanks NBC.

Im glad someone out there finds solace and validation in my writings. Its hard being a lone wolf. No one else even touches these subjects. Everyone assumes america and the world are the same thing.

I also like to read stuff that validates my feelings too. Its good to know one is not alone. How did u find this site before?

I know what u mean about the cliquishness of korea and NE asia. Taiwan is like that too. NE asia is cliquish like america. Especially the women, they never make eye contact with u and treat strangers as if they are invisible. You cant flirt like u can in most countries. I saw many korean girls in Philippines and they never make eye contact or talk to anyone outside their clique. Like high school girls.

Isnt it tough being asian american? You're expected to be this conformist nerd who is all about career and education, with no opinions. And other asian americans around u wont like u if ur not the same and all about career and making money and being cool etc.
Thank you Winston

I found your website by chance after I searched "loneliness in America happier abroad" on google. Your site comes up at the very top, so I went in and delve deeply into your writings and then the forums..which is an another story.. which contains some good people, but mostly lots of people writing how North America, Western Europe and everything else is bad...ad nauseam.

I don't want to state the obvious here..Just like you and everyone here, I feel similarly about the United States. I am not going to write a vehement wall of text diatribe about how america is bad... Yick is going to call me out on that, I don't have plenty of time to spare and that fact has been stated ad nauseam. :lol:

Yeah, I read your experience in Taiwan. Its similar to my experience in South Korea except unlike the Taiwanese, I don't want to generalize here, but unlike the Taiwanese, I would like add that most Koreans in South Korea are stressed out, short tempered, impatient, shallow minded, blunt, judgmental, backstabbing, hyper competitive, materialistic, and egotistical(At least that is how they treat their fellow countrymen). For Native Koreans, they are in a pressure cooker environment where they have to compete for the best university and then the limited number of decent jobs.
They don't have the luxury of being free thinkers and non conformist because they are too busy surviving, and cannibalizing each other in a small and densely populated country.

There are some nice Koreans, but the majority are not worth the time investment. No offense, but those who say they made it in Korea are special group of lucky foreigners who work as English teachers, those who work for the Korean Media, or those who were head hunted or recruited by Korean Conglomerates. Just like what you call "White Monkey Jobs" in China, they are displayed as propaganda piece or ego boost for Korean Nationalism. I am not a Korean Nationalist by the way. :lol: I do like my country , but I am just bit disillusioned by it.

For me personally, I lived in the East Coast for most of my life in the States, being an Asian American like being in a limbo status of emptiness and futility. I don't know how to describe it in words... The American society tolerates you, but they don't want you to be too ahead, too controversial or too successful.. They just want you be nice and quiet, run the machines, follow the orders, stay in your place and not rock the prescribed boat that depicts Asian Americans as nerds, doctors, engineers, dorky martial art practitioners, Chinese takeout cooks,etc. You get the idea..

I don't know about other Asian cliques. I do live near K-town in America and hang out with them once in a while. They too say the U.S is a soul sucking and spiritually repressive place. That is why they keep going back and forth to South Korea to their relatives there and invite their relatives to the states, just to experience that small piece of warmth. They have to stay in the U.S because they have a lucrative career there and just doing it for the money not out of love of the country. They also like to hang out with each other "exclusively" for moral support and feel "strength in numbers" and some semblance of camaraderie in a cultural wasteland that is the U.S. Perhaps that is why Koreans tend to stick together in Philippines(I don't about the Philippines.. I heard people there are friendly but don't know why Koreans exclude them) and in America.
In short, some of them do feel what you and many people in your forum feels, but they are too afraid to express it as they got their important career, network, and politically correct friends in line.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Hello Everyone! Korean American lurker makes his debut finally!

Post by Winston »

NBC,
I just changed your thread title to make it more interesting. Is that ok?

Winston

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Hello Everyone! Korean American lurker makes his debut finally!

Hello Winston,

You didn't have to, but the new title is nice. Thank you.