Hey, all! I'm a big fan of the international dating scene

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Mark, where is the Collage?

Post by WorldTraveler »

Mark, where is the collage of pictures of you and Anna that was on your site. I really liked it. I referring to the one with the pictures of you and the modeling and bikini pictures of Anna. Can you send me a link to it. Maybe it was somewhere else, but I thought it was on the the home page of your site. Thanks!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Mark and Anna will be guests tomorrow on AFA's live video show. You can call in with questions during the show. Here is the link for you to watch through Happier Abroad:

http://women.happierabroad.com/live/

To order Mark's book through my site:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebooks.php#Mark
Last edited by Winston on March 5th, 2012, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just put up Mark's 2nd interview with Steve Hoca, which features his wife Anna, on YouTube! It includes great visuals that bring their happy life... to life! Here is the link:

Part 1 of 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIg3rbEtlDw
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Awesome dialog. I've just finished a major installation for a new client with my job, but I look forward to getting back to these posts over the weekend and continuing the conversation - and I have no problem finding the photos in question for you, WorldTraveler. ;-)
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

WorldTraveler wrote:Mark,
Thank you for addressing all my questions. I had some more questions:

1. How did you get selected to be on the We – Mail Order brides special?
I was almost finished writing my book and had asked John Adams, the president of A Foreign Affair, to read it through once before sending it to the publisher. I wanted to make sure I was accurately reflecting experience beyond my own. It was at that time that John was approached by the WeTV folks and asked him to recommend a couple they could interview and he recommended us. When they came to our house they were surprised at how comfortable and connected Anna and I were - that we were actually a happy couple. They had expected something less attractive when they heard that our age gap was 25 years. I love surprising people like that.
WorldTraveler wrote:2. Was that Anna’s first social or had she been to others?
It was Anna's first social - and her profile wasn't even loaded to the website yet. Many guys talk about the advantage you get by showing up because you can meet so many women who sign up that very night.
WorldTraveler wrote:3. Did you date other girls in the 3 cities? Any other good prospects?
Yes, I dated in other cities and with other ladies. I did meet another lady that I would have married had I not already met my wife. Her photo is on the bottom right corner of my book cover next to my wife. There is a photo of the two of us at dinner on page 35 of the paperback version and page 41 of the eBook version that Winston has for sale. Her name was Tatyana. By coincidence, she was born on the very same day as my wife. There were also three other dates I cancelled after the second date with my wife - including Anna Red (pictured on page 110 of the eBook version), who I also know would have been a great marriage candidate for me. The one on page 104 is the one in Odessa who got me to spend $800 on her (stupid me - we all learn our lessons I suppose).
WorldTraveler wrote:4. Who were the tour guides for your trip?
John Adams was the tour guide on my trip, but I've become good friends with Peter King and Michael Harrison, who also lead AFA tours. John was leading the tour because he also had business to do in Ukraine so we didn't get as much of his attention as you might get from one of the other guides. But it was a great tour.
WorldTraveler wrote:5. Are things any different now in the Ukraine since the Hryvnia has been devaluated to about 7.5 / 1 USD?
If you go now your dollar is worth gold! When I went the exchange was closer to 5/1. I remember going on dates where the bill for such an elegant steak dinner would have easily been $120 - and I paid $22. Also, they are not used to tipping 20%. 5% is closer to normal for locals - although they hope tourists will pay more.

Mark
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Mark's International Dating Photo Album -

Hey, Guys:

I wanted to answer some of the questions I'm getting by putting together a photo montage. I'll end up making this into a YouTube video and I'll do the voice over based on the captions.

Do me a favor, could you go through this from the beginning, read the captions, and let me know if something needs more explanation and what you do and don't like about it?

http://picasaweb.google.com/themarkdavi ... directlink

Thanks,

Mark
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mark's International Dating Photo Album -

Post by Rock »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:Hey, Guys:

I wanted to answer some of the questions I'm getting by putting together a photo montage. I'll end up making this into a YouTube video and I'll do the voice over based on the captions.

Do me a favor, could you go through this from the beginning, read the captions, and let me know if something needs more explanation and what you do and don't like about it?

http://picasaweb.google.com/themarkdavi ... directlink

Thanks,

Mark
Captions seem fine and fit the photos well. Kind of curious about Dani (if I hadn't already read about her) but I suppose that will motivate guys to read your book. My only suggestion - rephrase photo 4 so that "Help" club is not mentioned as the venue where you picked your 'date' up at. Otherwise, many people will assume that she is a prostitute (unless that's what you want them to think).
Last edited by Rock on October 7th, 2010, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Mark,

I was feeling those 37 pics. Cool. Thanks again, bud! 8)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. Rock, I'll remove the reference to "Help". We went all over the city, but that is where I met the blonde. However, that is not where I met Dani - I do know the difference. Help was closed in January of this year by the city of Rio in order to improve their reputation. Good catch.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. Rock, I'll remove the reference to "Help". We went all over the city, but that is where I met the blonde. However, that is not where I met Dani - I do know the difference. Help was closed in January of this year by the city of Rio in order to improve their reputation. Good catch.
Yea, kinda sad in a way that they finally closed it down. Rumor started sometime in 2006-07 I think. It marks the end of an era. Before, with "ground zero" alive and thriving, a FOB foreigner could quickly get up to speed by visiting the large crowds of white and black gringos of all ages from North America and Europe who would hang out at Mia Pataca or next door at Terraco Atlantico in front of Help at most times of the day or night. During the day, a lot of the action moved out to the adjacent stretch of beach. Going inside Help was a surreal experience and you could have a bona fide blast just drinking, dancing, and partying. Sigh.

Mark, I'm curious about one thing. We all agree that Brazil is known as a great place for men to meet lots of hot women. And you personally had a great experience there too. So why do you suppose AFA has not included any Brazilian cities on their Lat Am socials circuit or installed any agency offices there???
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Hey, Rock:

I have no idea why some companies do tours in one place an not another.

Personally, I'd love to host one to China someday!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote: WINSTON, it may be a good idea to move all these posts over to the Russia European section of your site.
I normally would, but this is Mark's thread where he introduced himself, so it is his intro thread and belongs in the Intro board. The first post in this thread is what determines what category it goes in.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the link to listen to Mark and Anna Davis' recent interview on A Foreign Affair Live Webcast.

http://women.happierabroad.com/media/sh ... o_038.html