Are There Any Prepper/Survivalists Here?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are There Any Prepper/Survivalists Here?

Post by Taco »

Over the past few years the prepper/survivalist movement has gained a lot momentum due to various world events. Theres about 3 million people in the US that are actively preparing for the worst. Personally, I don't think there overreacting. I was just wondering if theres any preppers here?

TV Shows

Doomsday Preppers

Bear Grylls

Survivorman

Extreme Survival

Videos

Economic Collapse Preparation

Blogs

Bullets, Beans and Bullion
http://bulletsbeansandbullion.blogspot.ca/

Graphs

I found this graph that shows why some people are so interested in prepping right now.

Lifecycle Of Financialization(scroll down)
http://www.oftwominds.com/blogmar12/pre ... n3-12.html

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

I was really into the whole "prepping" mentality a few years ago, before it became popular. Not that I had a stockpile of goods or guns, but I would keep extra medical supplies and non-perishable foods on hand, and was very security-minded. I saw how wasteful and frivolous most idiot Americans had become at around '06-07, and I knew something was up with the economy, and money-printing scheme here in the US. I think my prepping mindset rubbed-off onto a couple of my friends and family members in a significant way; some of them have taken the idea and ran with it.

Most of these prepper types shown on Natgeo seem like otherwise typical Americans to me though, at least in the way that they are driven by their own sense of insecurity. They aren't really the world traveler "types" either, from what I can tell. They are mostly married, and have tight-knit families. It is easier to prep when you have a group of people cooperating on projects, with a cohesive effort by all to work towards similar goals; I've never been able to experience that in the US, unfortunately.

Basically, you have to make a choice between staying in the US, accumulating and stashing away material goods in preparation for WWIII, while living as a lonely single guy, or you can choose to live overseas, and forego any desire to live a preparedness lifestyle (at least until you've relocated to a better country to live in). I would rather live out of a suitcase for the time being so that I can travel, and just deal with the discomfort, rather than be stuck, and tied down in a country where most of the women hate me.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

It seems the folks at Ruger Firearms can't keep up with demand for their rifles. Not to mention, their stock price has tripled in the last year thanks to all the Preppers.

Fourth Largest Gun Maker In US Is Out Of Guns
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/fourth-la ... s-out-guns

RGR - NYSE, Yahoo Finance
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=RGR+ ... =undefined;
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Disillusioned_American wrote: Most of these prepper types....are mostly married, and have tight-knit families. It is easier to prep when you have a group of people cooperating on projects, with a cohesive effort by all to work towards similar goals; I've never been able to experience that in the US, unfortunately.

Basically, you have to make a choice between staying in the US, accumulating and stashing away material goods in preparation for WWIII, while living as a lonely single guy, or you can choose to live overseas, and forego any desire to live a preparedness lifestyle (at least until you've relocated to a better country to live in). I would rather live out of a suitcase for the time being so that I can travel, and just deal with the discomfort, rather than be stuck, and tied down in a country where most of the women hate me.
Exactly.

Exactly.

Exactly.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

yes

Post by ErikHeaven »

Guns,Knives, silver, gold, first aid, water, food, seeds. Been prepping for years. Ready for the zombie apocalypse.