Have any of you visited Vietnam?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Have any of you visited Vietnam?

Post by Winston »

flowerthief00 wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:41 pm
Taco wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Vietnamese women are not that friendly from what I've seen.
Indeed Vietnamese women are not that friendly, HOWEVER...Vietnam is still the friendliest country in Asia thanks to the males. You can certainly make friends with the men of Vietnam. I guess giving up your dating life is just a price you pay.
But what can you talk about with local Asian men? Usually they are duds. No opinions, no intelligent conversations. In Philippines it's the same. You don't see foreigners hanging with Filipino men unless they work together or are in business together. They got nothing in common. Nothing to talk about. They aren't on the same frequency.

Many Asian girls are also very insular and narrow too, in their own world, not cosmopolitan. You can't really talk about anything with them, and most of the time, they don't even make an effort. They just say what they need and then go away. Most people are hard to connect with. They don't even try to connect with you, which makes it even more impossible. There isn't that 1980's style camaraderie and friendship anymore, not the kind you saw in movies like "Goonies" and "Stand By Me".
Yes, in Da Nang at least, the girls are cliquish. It's what I expect from most Asian countries. The language barrier surely has something to do with it. However, what is different from many Asian countries is the conservative laws making the importing of sex dolls difficult! So neither a real girlfriend nor an artificial one can be easily obtained here.
I don't agree it's about language barrier at all. I speak Chinese and Taiwanese yet the women in Taiwan and China don't try to connect with me either. At least not most of them. There's just no interest or common bond. There's like an inner resistance toward making new friends or hanging out, kind of like you see in Seattle and San Francisco. You only find it still in hostels or churches. But not in the mainstream. When I first went to Russia, I spoke no Russian, yet I felt chemistry, energy, camaraderie with Russians. It's hard to put into words, but it's priceless. When you experience it, you know what I mean. It has nothing to do with any language barrier at all. Russians are clever enough to read your mind and body language, not like Asians at all. They can size you up pretty easily, so that makes up for the language barrier. I've explained this to you guys many times, why do you not listen?

Btw, why do you dare to say that Vietnamese girls are cliquish and not open? Yet that's true of Taiwanese girls too, yet no one dares to say that. Why? Is it because everyone is afraid to be the first or go out on a limb and break rank from the others who say that Taiwan is "very friend, warm and open"? If everyone said Vietnamese girls are very friendly and open, would you dare to break rank and say the opposite? If so, why does no one dare to do that with Taiwan?

It's like Taiwan is a sacred cow in which you are only allowed to say positive things about, never anything negative or critical. I notice in Taiwan too, that no one, not even the locals, likes to hear anything negative about Taiwan, no matter how true or legit, even if you're complaining about something practical, like you can't park a car anywhere, even in a small town, or that restaurants close between 2pm and 5pm, which is a pain in the butt if you wanna eat in the afternoon, which restaurants in China don't do. Even if you complain about practical inconveniences like that, people are still weirded out, as if complaining about Taiwan, no matter how true or legit the complaint is, is taboo and abnormal and something you're not supposed to do. It's weird. It's like a form of subtle mind control in that you are only allowed to say positive things. It's an unspoken rule you can feel and sense. I guess no country like criticism, but some are more tolerant than others.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Winston wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 6:52 pm
But what can you talk about with local Asian men? Usually they are duds. No opinions, no intelligent conversations. In Philippines it's the same. You don't see foreigners hanging with Filipino men unless they work together or are in business together. They got nothing in common. Nothing to talk about. They aren't on the same frequency.
Since I'm in the process of learning the local language I don't expect to have deep intelligent conversations. Hard enough to get the most basic concepts across.

But if you want to have intelligent conversations, I recommend to go to a high IQ country. The Philippines is not a high IQ country.
Many Asian girls are also very insular and narrow too, in their own world, not cosmopolitan. You can't really talk about anything with them, and most of the time, they don't even make an effort. They just say what they need and then go away. Most people are hard to connect with. They don't even try to connect with you, which makes it even more impossible. There isn't that 1980's style camaraderie and friendship anymore, not the kind you saw in movies like "Goonies" and "Stand By Me".
In fact, Asian girls don't even look at strangers. They don't smile or make eye contact, usually. A local friend was telling me today that that is normal. And even the local men don't approach or try to pick up the local girls. It's not how it's done in Asia. They all do get themselves a wife or at least a girlfriend before very long, which I think is not hard for them. (And their wives/girlfriends are always hot! There's the advantage of being an Asian man in Asia)
I don't agree it's about language barrier at all. I speak Chinese and Taiwanese yet the women in Taiwan and China don't try to connect with me either. At least not most of them. There's just no interest or common bond...
I do think that the language barrier is significant. That is one of the reasons international dating is easy in the Philippines where the language barrier is low, yes? Maybe language barrier is not an issue for you, but for anyone in a place where they don't speak the local tongue it can be a huge issue.
Btw, why do you dare to say that Vietnamese girls are cliquish and not open? Yet that's true of Taiwanese girls too, yet no one dares to say that. Why? Is it because everyone is afraid to be the first or go out on a limb and break rank from the others who say that Taiwan is "very friend, warm and open"? If everyone said Vietnamese girls are very friendly and open, would you dare to break rank and say the opposite? If so, why does no one dare to do that with Taiwan?
Taiwan is just not on people's radars. Easy to forget about that tiny island country. Vietnam too.
Japan, Korea, and China are countries people have more interest in.
Yoshirin

Post by Yoshirin »

Ive been going to Vietnam for the past few years if you any questions about the country, people, food, women, recommendations, ill try and answer