What course of action should I take?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

What course of action should I take?

Post by Dark_Sol »

I am taking steps finally to leave. I can't handle it anymore. I came back to my apartment and look at myself in the mirror. I realized I have lost a ton of hair in this past year. That I was different than what I use to be back than. I have given up in school, it just doesn't feel right, the students there act weird with me. So, I have started to sell everything I own, I can't take with me. The hardest ones to sell was my weapons, years of acquiring them. Hopefully at the end, I get $8,000. My regret was that the people who wronged me, make me out to be the badguy. I wish I could make them realize they were the badguys. It hit me today, when I saw the movie King Kong. How they forced a beast that did no wrong and tortured him. The people didn't realize, oblivious to what they were doing. Than when he fought back, they viewed him as the monster that he wasn't. It was them all along. They blame the beast and wonder why, but never blamed themselves.

So, my plan is to setup camp in Peru. That is because I have relatives there. I spent time there last year and can trust them. They offer me to use the upstair building for around $200 a month. This would work great to save money and use it as a fallback point when travelling. My ultimate goal is to buy land in Paraguay and stay(cheap, business opportunity and weapons). To visit Dominican Republic frequently (the women). Even though this plan is simple, I think it's a start and solid. I just need some advice and point of views. See if I overlooked anything. Also, is $1000 a month enough to survive and save? I asked it before, but want to double check.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Dark_Sol wrote:I am taking steps finally to leave. I can't handle it anymore. I came back to my apartment and look at myself in the mirror. I realized I have lost a ton of hair in this past year. That I was different than what I use to be back than. I have given up in school, it just doesn't feel right, the students there act weird with me. So, I have started to sell everything I own, I can't take with me. The hardest ones to sell was my weapons, years of acquiring them. Hopefully at the end, I get $8,000. My regret was that the people who wronged me, make me out to be the badguy. I wish I could make them realize they were the badguys. It hit me today, when I saw the movie King Kong. How they forced a beast that did no wrong and tortured him. The people didn't realize, oblivious to what they were doing. Than when he fought back, they viewed him as the monster that he wasn't. It was them all along. They blame the beast and wonder why, but never blamed themselves.

So, my plan is to setup camp in Peru. That is because I have relatives there. I spent time there last year and can trust them. They offer me to use the upstair building for around $200 a month. This would work great to save money and use it as a fallback point when travelling. My ultimate goal is to buy land in Paraguay and stay(cheap, business opportunity and weapons). To visit Dominican Republic frequently (the women). Even though this plan is simple, I think it's a start and solid. I just need some advice and point of views. See if I overlooked anything. Also, is $1000 a month enough to survive and save? I asked it before, but want to double check.
I don't know anything about Peru, so I did a some searching of the cost of living there. $200/month seems pretty good for what you're being offered, especially if it includes hot water, electricity, and other amenities. $1000 per month is also pretty good assuming you live reasonably and don't overspend. However, I'm kinda worried about your small nest egg. It'd be more prudent to have a something like $20,000 saved minimum just in case. I don't know much about you or your financial situation, so it may be impossible for you to do so.
I would advise to do whatever (legally) possible to obtain some more savings.

I think regardless of whether going will ultimately be a mistake or not with what you have, you should definitely head for Peru soon. It sounds like you're at a crossroads in life, where you're stagnant and can't advance with doing something. You need to move onto a new stage in life and if you arrive at that stage with only the clothes on your back, so be it. In the meanwhile, again try to save up as much as possible and do anything you reasonably can to obtain more money before shipping.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Don't burn all your bridges back home is my advice.

Anyway, I've taken the plunge and I'm going to live in Asia next year. It's hard to get off your couch, but it can be done.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

I'm not burning all my bridges. I have some real good friends that support my action of leaving. One is an old Marine, he is going to buy all my weapons when I told him my deal. The other is my childhood friend and Army grunt, he is looking for people to buy and is helping me get a ticket(I tried to convince him to join me, he wish he could, but he is married :cry: ) I feel that I need to take risks now, there is no reward if you don't risk it. Why sit back on what little time I have for fun and go for it. It will be a learning experience.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Dark_Sol wrote:I'm not burning all my bridges. I have some real good friends that support my action of leaving. One is an old Marine, he is going to buy all my weapons when I told him my deal. The other is my childhood friend and Army grunt, he is looking for people to buy and is helping me get a ticket(I tried to convince him to join me, he wish he could, but he is married :cry: ) I feel that I need to take risks now, there is no reward if you don't risk it. Why sit back on what little time I have for fun and go for it. It will be a learning experience.
That's the spirit!