Digital Nomads - Perpetual travelers with portable income that is location independent!

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Digital Nomads - Those with portable income and travel the world perpetually!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 11:36 am
Check this out. Estonia, a small country in Eastern Europe, is now offering visas for digital nomads! Maybe this is a way to live in Europe long term?

https://www.wired.com/beyond-the-beyond ... omad-visa/
I am in Estonia right now! Not a bad place, but a bit cooler and rainy than expected. I was shocked at how much people drink here. People get absolutely smashed in clubs, bars, and on the street even.

On the positive side, women are decent looking and love being approached by men since it is never done here by locals. They also are quite outdoorsy and love parks, lakes, and sunning themselves. It is a high IQ society so the orderliness and mentality of the people is better than what I have been traveling to. The lower IQ regions of Europe do bring a certain joie de vivre that is missing here, but it is a trade off and that is why I travel to them all.

The eVisa is not what many people think it is. It is more a means to register your business in the EU to include paying taxes online each year. It does not confer actual residency as it was explained to me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Digital Nomads - Those with portable income and travel the world perpetually!

Post by Winston »

Xiongmao recently posted a new article in our blog about digital nomads. It's long and interesting. Check it out here.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2019/03/d ... omads.html

What do you all think? Is he right or wrong?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 5:21 pm
Xiongmao recently posted a new article in our blog about digital nomads. It's long and interesting. Check it out here.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2019/03/d ... omads.html

What do you all think? Is he right or wrong?
There are still plenty of YouTubers making good money, although any political commentary to the right of Karl Marx appears to be off-limits. Other than that or you happen to luck into a good telecommuting position like I used to have then it probably is impossible for most people to make money by blogging and such.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I want to do this myself. I've even decided which country I'd go to....

The main holdup--don't laugh at me--is that I can't stand laptops. How do people do serious work on one? I need a large monitor at eye level (2 monitors better yet!) connected to an ordinary desktop computer with mouse and necessary peripherals where I can sit comfortably in a properly lighted room without distractions. Doing your work at Starbucks is insane to me. Maybe for checking your emails for 30 minutes it's ok, but I wouldn't get any real work done in that environment.

Not to mention when a laptop needs repair it is like repairing a watch.
Not to mention they are relatively expensive (or relatively less powerful).
Not to mention they are easy to steal.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 2:28 pm

The main holdup--don't laugh at me--is that I can't stand laptops.
You get used to them and when they break you get another as they are cheap now. Having said that, they suck if you want to do anything remotely complicated.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

flowerthief00 wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 2:28 pm

The main holdup--don't laugh at me--is that I can't stand laptops. How do people do serious work on one? I need a large monitor at eye level (2 monitors better yet!) connected to an ordinary desktop computer with mouse and necessary peripherals where I can sit comfortably in a properly lighted room without distractions. Doing your work at Starbucks is insane to me. Maybe for checking your emails for 30 minutes it's ok, but I wouldn't get any real work done in that environment.

Not to mention when a laptop needs repair it is like repairing a watch.
Not to mention they are relatively expensive (or relatively less powerful).
Not to mention they are easy to steal.
I agree. Laptops are inconvenient and using computers (any, not just laptops) when around other people is annoying. If you must use a laptop and you're working at home, get a stand, and a cordless mouse. Maybe even a keyboard.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Does anyone know of a good product to sell through an online funnel advertisement?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Just buy a good laptop. I got a 16Gb RAM SSD HP Spectre CORE i7. The 15" screen is OK. I no longer work in IT so I don't need to stare at it for 8 hours a day.

This baby also has a GPU and is super fast. You can even play GTA 5 on it. Most of the time it is just idling though.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Digital Nomads - Perpetual travelers with portable income that is location independent!

Post by Winston »

Some articles for those who want to be digital nomads.

27 Ways You Can Make Money While Traveling the World

https://www.expatkings.com/make-money-traveling/

10 Ways to Increase Pageviews on Your Blog

https://www.expatkings.com/increase-pageviews/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Digital Nomads - Perpetual travelers with portable income that is location independent!

Post by Winston »

This British guy named Mike Jacques is offering a course on how to become a digital nomad. What do you think? He sounds down to earth and genuine.

https://media.mike-jacques.com/yt/free/ ... Intent/Job

https://media.mike-jacques.com/blog/b2? ... Intent/Job

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
October 13th, 2020, 8:09 pm
This British guy named Mike Jacques is offering a course on how to become a digital nomad. What do you think? He sounds down to earth and genuine.

https://media.mike-jacques.com/yt/free/ ... Intent/Job

https://media.mike-jacques.com/blog/b2? ... Intent/Job
Most of these guys, just have rich parents or make their money selling courses how to be location independent.

What was the name of that guy that you first came to the Philippines with. He was a real digital nomad. 99% of the others don't make much. I can't even think of someone else who really is.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This guy is a coach who teaches people how to be digital nomads. What do you think? His intro video at the link below.

https://humandigitallifestyle.com/
COMPANY

HUMAN Digital Lifestyle is a portal to a brand new digital platform where you can learn from, open-minded successful passionate mentors, solopreneurs, and entrepreneurs, to start your own online business from scratch and create geographical, time, and financial freedom.

THE FOUNDER

Hi there, My name is Patrick and I’m a “HUMAN” being who lives with you at the same time on this beautiful planet called Earth. 😉

Today I live in Elst, a small town in the Netherlands together with my two amazing daughters Milou and Esmée.

My passions in life are spending time with my kids and loved ones, being out in nature, traveling, CrossFit with my friends, listening to audiobooks, and last but not least, mentoring people to build their online business from scratch so that they create the lifestyle they desire.