How many of you are divorced with kids?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

How many of you are divorced with kids?

Post by chanta76 »

Curious how many of you are divorced or thinking of divorce but have kids? For those with kids it complicates the matter of divorce. And if you are divorced how is your relationship with your kids?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How many of you are divorced with kids?

Post by Moretorque »

Have some smart people here.
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Men in this predicament, just like most married men, tend to be among the most dishonest (and pathetic) men on the planet. So don't expect them to come out telling you the truth about how it has affected anything. Expect them to falsely declare that everything "worked out fine," and his relationships with his kids only got stronger and other typical lies that come with cognitive dissonance.

This question reminds me of the cuck ex-husband of this female church pastor who came out as "queer" while married to him, then eventually left him for a woman and became a famous cam-whore. You should view his takes while he was still with her, and then his shell shocked demeanor after she ditched him.

Notice that he says his marriage only got "deeper and better" and they have grown "closer."

Then he seems to be devastated yet still in disbelief.

My final thought is that he is a complete Milquetoast (as most married men area) and no woman would want to be married to such a fake, passive, and unmanly husband. Being unmanly runs deep with married men, especially those who get a*s-raped by their former sweeties.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I have never been married.
I will never have kids; yes, you've read that correctly.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

I'm not married and have never been married. Growing up, I saw so many of my family members get divorced and I saw how miserable they were. Another thing, the world we live in is much different than the old days where the traditional way of getting married was the right thing to do. Nowadays, people wait longer to get married and people are more hesitant to do it.

I have 2 close friends from high school that got married. One I know for sure is miserable but doesn't want to admit that he may have rushed into a marriage when he should have stayed single and played the field. The other friend is a self-made wealthy guy who only tied the knot because he thought that it was the traditional thing to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
MikeHunt
Freshman Poster

Post by MikeHunt »

Men in this predicament, just like most married men, tend to be among the most dishonest (and pathetic) men on the planet. So don't expect them to come out telling you the truth about how it has affected anything. Expect them to falsely declare that everything "worked out fine," and his relationships with his kids only got stronger and other typical lies that come with cognitive dissonance.
To be fair, I hear a lot of divorced guys complaining about how poorly everything went and how they became estranged from their kids.

The issue I have is that most such guys do end up marrying again. They gloss over their first marriage with "she was a narcissist" or "she was psycho" and trust that things will be better with a new partner. Very few wake up to the systemic issues with marriage in the modern West. And virtually none develop the value and skills that would allow them to pursue attractive alternatives to marriage, e.g. traveling and being a player.
Last edited by MikeHunt on October 28th, 2020, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am married, never divorced, I have 2 daughters, 2 grand daughters and also a fosterdaughter. Never a problem, but I am not living in Western countries and I am not married with a Western women.

All of my friends/co-workers I still know in Europe are divorced....and it was not a cheap procedure ... and true, some of them were married again, and some made it up to a second divorce...
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Yohan wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 11:01 am
I am married, never divorced, I have 2 daughters, 2 grand daughters and also a fosterdaughter. Never a problem, but I am not living in Western countries and I am not married with a Western women.

All of my friends/co-workers I still know in Europe are divorced....and it was not a cheap procedure ... and true, some of them were married again, and some made it up to a second divorce...
One of my dad's friends is on his fourth (!!!) marriage. He's on the hook for supporting 3 ex-wives and several kids. Despite having a really good job and making over $100k/year, he's flat out broke.

I can understand giving marriage one shot, since if you divorce the situation is probably still salvageable , but I really shake my head at these guys that marry 3+ times, end up broke and living on $1000/month in the US.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

For me I am married with one child. My back ground is Korean American and my wife is from Korea. I mention my past before on these threads but maybe it got lost.
I think if my wife was Americanize we would of been long divorce but because she still has some of the Korean old fashion values we stay together.
I think it's really my child. I don't want to be dead beat dad nor absent father. I want to be there for my child but I won't lie. Marriages has it's ups and down.

I ask myself if I didn't get married what would I be doing. I would of tried happier abroad of course but looking at the countries that are good to travel are shrinking.

I mean South Korea, Japan ...was great 10 years 15 years ago but nowadays I'm not sure.
China is still kind of there .Plus I think as you get older it has it's own challenges.