Questions to weed out scammers in online dating

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Seekeruk
Freshman Poster

Questions to weed out scammers in online dating

Post by Seekeruk »

Hi guys, What are good questions to ask to sort the wheat from the chaff on online dating sites.
I am looking for my future partner, not just playing games.
I know obvious things like asking for money, sick relative etc but what other things should I watch out for.
Any advice appreciated
:D
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Questions to weed out scammers gold diggers online dating

Post by Winston »

Ask her to go on webcam with you so you can see her and gauge her face and body language. Look for red flags in her behavior and body language, or signs of sincerity. Then follow your gut instinct. Vibes don't lie. Tell her you are frugal and don't like to splurge lots of money. See how she takes it. If she really likes you, she won't mind such things. Look how she dresses and what her bedroom looks like. Little things like that can say a lot. Also gauge how well she keeps her promises to show up on webcam at a certain time, etc, and see if she's flaky or reliable.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Seekeruk
Freshman Poster

Post by Seekeruk »

Thanks Winston.
What are good dating sites for Asians that are in the Uk?
As COVID is stopping travel everywhere at the mo.
AveryGavin
Freshman Poster

Post by AveryGavin »

Online dating can be a tricky game, and it's crucial to weed out scammers and gold diggers. One effective approach is to ask potential partners to go on a webcam. It allows you to gauge their face and body language, looking out for any red flags or signs of sincerity. Trust your gut instincts, as vibes don't lie! It's also a good idea to discuss your frugal nature and see how they react. Pay attention to their appearance and their living environment, as these little details can reveal a lot about a person. Lastly, assess their reliability by observing if they keep their promises, like showing up on a webcam at specific times.Also, you can check if your potential second half is online somewhere. I recently stumbled across https://ehocams.com, which can be helpful in this.
Last edited by AveryGavin on May 19th, 2023, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

AveryGavin wrote:
May 17th, 2023, 4:07 am
Online dating can be a tricky game, and it's crucial to weed out scammers and goldiggers.
The scammerswill never offer to cook for you. In fact, you have a better chance of being struck by lightning.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Questions to weed out scammers in online dating

Post by Winston »

Filipina Pea, who is a straight shooter and intelligent articulate Filipina, explains in these videos below how to detect online scammers on Filipina dating sites. She has some good info and tells you the red flags and bad signs to watch out for.

9 ways to spot a scammer

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Wish @Tsar had read this thread before he sent that 21 y/o Ukrainian girl money then she dumped him.

What'd you lose Tsar, about $20?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

There are always scammers around, webcam alone is not enough.

The best to get rid of them is never send a girl any money until you meet her face to face in her country. Most scammers will disappear soon from your screen.

Useful is also to ask for her address and send her a nice letter, before you get on an airplane. Maybe she is refusing to tell you where exactly she is living. Or offers only a post-box number and maybe your registered letter will be sent back to you by the post office, unknown person, incorrect address...

Her direct phone number (and not LINE etc.) might also be helpful, to avoid internet scam.

Ask for many pictures of her, full size, not only pictures of her face and check them if you find any photoshop activity on them.

There is no real clear advice how to handle scammers, maybe everything is clear and you are visiting her in person, but at the airport after arrival nobody is showing up or a girl is approaching you who looks rather different from what you have seen on the screen.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 9:26 am
Ask for many pictures of her, full size, not only pictures of her face and check them if you find any photoshop activity on them.
Yohan, good points. After you get the pictures run them through Google reverse image search. Bing has the same thing. Run them through both. You may find that you have been corresponding with some famous or not so famous model.

This may not always work however. There was one photographer going through Ukraine offering girls money to take their photos. These were just ordinary girl next door type girls. Of course he would target the most attractive ones. He would then use these photos to scam. You could not reverse image search them though because he made those himself.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 7:49 am
Wish @Tsar had read this thread before he sent that 21 y/o Ukrainian girl money then she dumped him.

I'm still talking with her. She just has a phone that didn't work and she's probably on the poor side. The amount was about a few hundred.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 3:33 pm
I'm still talking with her. She just has a phone that didn't work and she's probably on the poor side. The amount was about a few hundred.
No, no, no, no, no Tsar. She's only still talking to you because you sent money and needs more money.

Don't send any more. Tell her you will only meet her in person.

In one of my other posts I stated that this coming Winter most likely there will be no electricity, no running water or heat in homes in Ukraine. People will freeze or starve to death. If you are going to see her, make it this spring. Still I told you about that Central Asian army that's coming to BBQ you. They will eat your flesh like dogs.

If she's real see if you can meet her there then take the bitch to Europe.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Very rarely do you have a phone that doesn't work. That was just an excuse.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Tsar wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 3:33 pm
Voyager1 wrote:
April 5th, 2024, 7:49 am

You're kidding right? This woman is obviously taking you for a ride! I recommend blocking her and stop sending her money for f**k sake.

It's like the saying goes:

Fool me once, shame on you.
But teach a man to Fool me and I'll be a fool for the rest of my life.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Let me tell you something. Every girl in Ukraine whether she's a scammer or not a scammer needs money.

The key is not to provide any type of financial support until you've met her in person and are in a relationship. That means you're getting it frequently.

She provides you with your physical needs and you provide her material support. That's the way it works.

If you're providing her financial support and not getting anything in return then you're a loser and getting what you deserve.

Tsar and others on this forum have been warned countless times NEVER SEND MONEY. Yet they still do because they think this will be their girlfriend.

There's that classic Beatles song, Can't Buy Me Love.

No matter how much money you give or send it's never going to buy you love.

Even Tsar having made this mistake, it's still going to make the same mistake over and over and over again.

Actually as I understand he's broke and can't travel to Ukraine which is actually a blessing to him because he can't get scammed anymore.

His best bet is to regroup and gather himself together. Get himself financially stabilized then give it a try again at some point. Either that or his ship has already sailed and he should give up this idea entirely.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I haven't sent her anymore money. I'll be going to Ukraine this summer if I can manage to get things worked out in the US. I have been having bad luck for months now.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑