Why do I always get worse and worse Murphy's Law?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why do I always get worse and worse Murphy's Law?

Post by Tsar »

Why do I keep getting Murphy's Law really bad? Do I have bad karma, bad luck, or is it just destiny? Is God punishing me? Is it because Satan really has a great influence on people inside America?

People who are worse, terrible, and mean or completely bad people don't have bad luck or bad karma...
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do I always get worse and worse Murphy's Law?

Post by gsjackson »

Well, one explanation is the Bible's -- to those who have more will be given; to those who have not even what they have will be taken away. The only way this can make any sense in a moral universe, which is what the New Testament purports to describe, is if it is talking about attitude. Especially when taken in conjunction with the Beatitudes, which are hardly an endorsement of the high and mighty. If you think you have something -- i.e., an attitude of gratitude and appreciation, if only for being alive -- then that attitude is likely to fetch more gratifying circumstances. If you think you have nothing, that's what you'll continue to get.

Obviously this perspective has filtered into current pop culture -- from Reader's Digest old timey folk wisdom to law of attraction material to PUA stuff. They all commend the "abundance mentality" for those who want more. Winston and Corny want to refute this point of view and insist that cultural circumstances are everything, and while there's obviously something to this (or why would we be at this website?) I think they're mostly wrong about that. I believe we carry our destinies around with us, tied tightly to our mind sets.

So, if you think you've been oppressed and a victim all your life, you're just going to have to find a way to bullshit yourself and become convinced that you haven't been, or you'll just continue wallowing in the victimhood. I'd think in doing that, finding a way to attain small accomplishments that build on each other and gradually shift your mind set would be a better course than entertaining grandiose fantasies of princesses and demigods that you don't actually believe in. As an example of a perspective shift that might be useful, you already have something that maybe no one else on this forum does, but would like to -- dual American and EU citizenship -- and you took the initiative to make it happen. Build on those kind of tangible accomplishments.