"You are a very handsome man."

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

"You are a very handsome man."

Post by MrMan »

I was getting gas today in the US, and this woman on the other side of the pumped stepped out from behind her side of the pump and said, "Sir..." and got my attention. She said, "You are a very handsome man."

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror earlier today and my hair fell in a way that made me look a bit bald, and then I get a complement like this out of the blue. I haven't had a strange woman tell me I was good-looking in years. Well, one older lady said something about me being handsome when I was out walking a year ago. I had it happen in my 20's that I remember in Indonesia. I can only think of one girl who looked hot who told me out of the blue I was good-looking, but she was a whore who'd just slept with two or three guys at a motel I stayed at not knowing what kind of motel it was. I'm a safe, middle-aged, could be your college-student's daughter's dad stage of life.

Usually, it was more subtle, clues that a woman found me attractive. I remember sitting down at a kiosk that sold glasses. Maybe 14 years ago, pretty girl about 10 years younger than me, in Jakarta, sat there. She said something to the vendor. I told her she sounded to me just like my sister-in-law. She did, except she was speaking with a Betawi accent with Betawi vocabulary instead of with my sister-in-law's accent. The girl said in Indonesia, "Oh, I didn't know you were married." Maybe she had sat there to strike up a conversation with me, but respected marriage enough to back off.

Anyway, I said thank you. I did not make a comment that mentioned my wife. There is no need for that here where we wear rings if we are married. I don't quite get the thinking of someone giving a completement like this. Maybe she just wanted to say it. Maybe I was just her type. for looks. If she was trying to hit on me I wasn't tempted to pursue anything, anyway. For one thing, she was probably a 5 or 6 15 years and 30 pounds ago, but wouldn't have been on my RADAR for looks now, or back then. And I'm also married, not up for side stuff.

They say wome are more attracted to men that other women find desirable, so I made sure to tell my wife about this complement soon after it happened. That sort of thing also keeps you accountable, I suppose. My wife tells me when men show interest in her. She's got more stories recently, probably because of the way men are, and because she is a beautiful woman.

I'm writing about this because...where else am I going to write about this stuff.

Women are not all the same, but what do you think the motive or end game is for giving a complement like this out of the blue? What is the right way to reply? Just say 'thank you', mention the wife, or what?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: "You are a very handsome man."

Post by publicduende »

Nice little story, @MrMan. Let's admit it, being a man and being flattered by a woman is pleasant. Unless most women, we don't necessarily play all the possible cards in the deck to appear worthy of a flattering comment on how pretty, or sexy, or smart we look.

Yet, when it happens, it's kind of balsam for the soul.

Of course you're more than welcome to post "stuff like that" here! On HA, home of the epic "I was God in the Philippines" thread :D

Irony apart, it's a blessing that some women still remember that a little compliment, no matter how forceful or genuine it is, is still good to receive and, hey, totally free of charge!

As you reminisce some of your episodes in Indonesia, several similar episodes spring to mind. Not sure it happens in Indonesia but, in the Philippines, when a woman is single and ready to mingle, she has to make it absolutely sure the whole wide world knows it. Maybe the Islamic culture infuses a greater measure of politeness into Indonesian girls.

Quite the opposite here: most Filipinas, especially the not-so-educated ones, have to shout that they're a "ready catch" loud and clear, especially to foreigners who are perceived as a safe harbor for them. Of course they do not care much whether the foreigner is really single, or he's just in the mood for extracurricular fun, whether they see something special in the girl or just see her an extremely easy prey, strictly of the "catch & release" type.

Perhaps the most puzzling part is that, for each Filipina who gets jealous and possessive as soon as she gets a half-baked idea that she might have a chance with said foreign man, there are about 3 who don't mind seeing the golden man walk away after a night, a week or a month of flinging. Next please...roar! :-)

Come to think of it, this happy-go-lucky attitude is one of the major reasons why foreigners over here rarely develop a crippling sense of guilt about hooking up with a girl and then leaving her for someone else a little while later, or even keeping a rota of several girls. It's all, for the most part, a placid river of flattering flirtatiousness, nexting & ghosting, and more flattering flirtatiousness. Rinse and repeat.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

publicduende wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 6:15 am
Come to think of it, this happy-go-lucky attitude is one of the major reasons why foreigners over here rarely develop a crippling sense of guilt about hooking up with a girl and then leaving her for someone else a little while later, or even keeping a rota of several girls. It's all, for the most part, a placid river of flattering flirtatiousness, nexting & ghosting, and more flattering flirtatiousness. Rinse and repeat.
I suspect there is a pool of naughty girls who sleep with numerous expats in some of the cities over there. I wonder if the virgins who are looking for husbands seriously withhold the flirtation.

When I was young, I was looking to avoid fornication and to find a virtuous wife, so I was wary of flirtation that did not seem rather innocent.

I would not tell a woman I did not know who I thought was striking how beautiful I thought she was. I don't even dole out comments to coworkers or other people I know. I might say someone looks nice if they are really dressed nice or got the rare hairdo that actually looks better than the old one. But 'looks nice' not hot and smoking, or beautiful, etc. I'm married, and I am not looking for trouble.

While it is nice that someone not socially obligated to appreciate my looks (e.g. my wife or my mom :) ) thinks I am handsome, I wonder about the motivations behind giving a comment. I could understand if I was really the type whose looks she liked and she just wanted to say it. I also wonder if people who do this are looking for something. Maybe she did not check my ring finger, or did and did not care. I don't know.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MrMan wrote:
November 3rd, 2021, 7:13 pm
I was getting gas today in the US, and this woman on the other side of the pumped stepped out from behind her side of the pump and said, "Sir..." and got my attention. She said, "You are a very handsome man."

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror earlier today and my hair fell in a way that made me look a bit bald, and then I get a complement like this out of the blue. I haven't had a strange woman tell me I was good-looking in years. Well, one older lady said something about me being handsome when I was out walking a year ago. I had it happen in my 20's that I remember in Indonesia. I can only think of one girl who looked hot who told me out of the blue I was good-looking, but she was a whore who'd just slept with two or three guys at a motel I stayed at not knowing what kind of motel it was. I'm a safe, middle-aged, could be your college-student's daughter's dad stage of life.

Usually, it was more subtle, clues that a woman found me attractive. I remember sitting down at a kiosk that sold glasses. Maybe 14 years ago, pretty girl about 10 years younger than me, in Jakarta, sat there. She said something to the vendor. I told her she sounded to me just like my sister-in-law. She did, except she was speaking with a Betawi accent with Betawi vocabulary instead of with my sister-in-law's accent. The girl said in Indonesia, "Oh, I didn't know you were married." Maybe she had sat there to strike up a conversation with me, but respected marriage enough to back off.

Anyway, I said thank you. I did not make a comment that mentioned my wife. There is no need for that here where we wear rings if we are married. I don't quite get the thinking of someone giving a completement like this. Maybe she just wanted to say it. Maybe I was just her type. for looks. If she was trying to hit on me I wasn't tempted to pursue anything, anyway. For one thing, she was probably a 5 or 6 15 years and 30 pounds ago, but wouldn't have been on my RADAR for looks now, or back then. And I'm also married, not up for side stuff.

They say wome are more attracted to men that other women find desirable, so I made sure to tell my wife about this complement soon after it happened. That sort of thing also keeps you accountable, I suppose. My wife tells me when men show interest in her. She's got more stories recently, probably because of the way men are, and because she is a beautiful woman.

I'm writing about this because...where else am I going to write about this stuff.

Women are not all the same, but what do you think the motive or end game is for giving a complement like this out of the blue? What is the right way to reply? Just say 'thank you', mention the wife, or what?
That is Mr.Wu's title, as far as how to respond if you're equipped like dee black man you just say Yo bitch right here right now....
Time to Hide!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Moretorque wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 9:00 am
That is Mr.Wu's title, as far as how to respond if you're equipped like dee black man you just say Yo bitch right here right now....
Do you mean his title is 'very handsome man'?

But, I wouldn't answer like that for moral reasons. I am not looking to have an affair. And it doesn't really feel like a temptation to me if a woman isn't a 7, a thin 7, or better, and then I'd still avoid, and try not to think to much about it later. :) I think I'd have forgotten about this if I hadn't seen the thread.

But doing some random woman at a gas station beside the pump under the security cameras right by a giant parking lot with cars in it.... moral and attraction issues aside... no to that, too.

I suspect a girl giving a complement like that out of the blue, while a bit unusual, is unlikely to respond to something so crude unless she's on meth or something like that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Did this woman at the gas station seem sincere? Why didn't you start a conversation with her? Was she attractive? If she was sincere you could have gotten her number.

Sometimes the universe or your guardian angel or higher self sends you messages like that through signs, omens, synchronicities, or other people. Who knows. Some people could be angels in disguise too. The universe sends you messages in many ways.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MrMan wrote:
November 5th, 2021, 5:14 pm
Moretorque wrote:
November 4th, 2021, 9:00 am
Do you mean his title is 'very handsome man'?

But, I wouldn't answer like that for moral reasons. I am not looking to have an affair. And it doesn't really feel like a temptation to me if a woman isn't a 7, a thin 7, or better, and then I'd still avoid, and try not to think to much about it later. :) I think I'd have forgotten about this if I hadn't seen the thread.

But doing some random woman at a gas station beside the pump under the security cameras right by a giant parking lot with cars in it.... moral and attraction issues aside... no to that, too.

I suspect a girl giving a complement like that out of the blue, while a bit unusual, is unlikely to respond to something so crude unless she's on meth or something like that.
Sometimes you just have to go with the spontaneity of the moment :roll:, I was reading where a African tribe had no word in their cultures dialect for tomarrow. There is something to be said for that, sometimes getting down to the raw instinct of things might be a more fulfilling way to have lived.

Yes that title has been taken by our leader..
Time to Hide!
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

MrMan wrote:

As long as a woman has two legs men will try to get with them... And women are too flighty of creatures to be completely trusted honestly, from anywhere, anybody... these days. I sleep better single.
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

jerryrigged wrote:
November 6th, 2021, 1:04 pm
MrMan wrote:
I was getting gas today in the US, and this woman on the other side of the pumped stepped out from behind her side of the pump and said, "Sir..." and got my attention. She said, "You are a very handsome man
As long as a woman has two legs men will try to get with them... And women are too flighty of creatures to be completely trusted honestly, from anywhere, anybody... these days. I sleep better single.
If you were equipped with the 15" hog maybe you would have a different out look.
Time to Hide!
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

Moretorque wrote:
November 6th, 2021, 2:01 pm
jerryrigged wrote:
MrMan wrote:
I was getting gas today in the US, and this woman on the other side of the pumped stepped out from behind her side of the pump and said, "Sir..." and got my attention. She said, "You are a very handsome man
If you were equipped with the 15" hog maybe you would have a different out look.
Theres always going to be a bigger man in every regard. Its an unbeatable game in nature. You lose by participation.
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Wow jerryrigged is it you and girlfriend in photo

cus 'you are a very handsome man' there and have hotty girl wit you

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

jerryrigged wrote:
November 6th, 2021, 2:25 pm
Moretorque wrote:
November 6th, 2021, 2:01 pm
jerryrigged wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Theres always going to be a bigger man in every regard. Its an unbeatable game in nature. You lose by participation.
I'm just Josh'in you, most of the porn these days is daa black man stepping up to the plate to do his call of duty and he will participate.
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 10:22 am
I'm just Josh'in you, most of the porn these days is daa black man stepping up to the plate to do his call of duty and he will participate.
After the Jews fully accustomise everyone to white females being degraded by committing bestiality with blacks, I wonder if it will become common to pair them with evel lower primates like gibbons and such.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 10:27 am
Moretorque wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 10:22 am
After the Jews fully accustomise everyone to white females being degraded by committing bestiality with blacks, I wonder if it will become common to pair them with evel lower primates like gibbons and such.
What are you talking about ?, these bitches want to be satisfied working their way up to the Blue whale.. Maybe we could have a real life Mermaid coming in the future..
Time to Hide!
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@MrMan

I would probably recommend not thinking about it too much. God tests our fidelity to our woman and he does so in subtle ways before testing us in big ways. The people who talk about the merits of “giving in to raw instinct” have lost their soul to the devil.

Appreciating a compliment of course is not adultery but if you think too much about it then that doesn’t lead to a good mindset. God has blessed us with the women he has put in our lives and if we don’t sufficiently appreciate his blessing and allow our mind to wander into sinful territory it may be taken from us at any time.