Ask Winston Q&A: Post questions for Winston here

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Ask Winston Q&A: Post questions for Winston here

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Since I no longer have time read every post on here, even though I'd like to, I realize that by not reading every post I can sometimes miss questions posed to me. Therefore I've decided to create this "Ask Winston" thread and mark it as "sticky" (which puts it in a fixed position at the top) so that questions to me specifically can be posted here so that I can easily find them.

Note that if you post questions to me in other threads, I may or may not see them, but here I will definitely see them and try to answer them if I have the time (as long as they are serious questions of course and not belittling tactics).

But before you do so, check my new FAQ page to see if it's already been addressed there.

Thanks,
Winston

Please note everyone: Other than myself and the questioner, I would like to ask everyone else here to NOT reply to the questions posted for me here, otherwise the thread will get confusing and lose focus. Also please do NOT debate topics in this thread or discuss topics at length with other forum members, or else it will lose focus and go off on a tangent. Keep in mind that this is a thread for questions to me personally, not a discussion thread. However, if I happen to make any factual errors in my responses here, feel free to correct me here in this thread or by PM, but do it nicely please. Thanks.
Last edited by Winston on December 26th, 2010, 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston it sounds like you tried everything to meet women

Post by jamesbond »

Winston, it sounds like you tried everything humanly possible to meet women in the US. I think you mentioned you took college classes, did some extra work in movies, you may have done some volunteering as well. Also, you approached women at stores and shopping malls. You even used the internet and personal ads to try and meet women. My God, I think you did everything a human being can do to meet women! Do you think you tried everything possible, or do you sometimes regret not trying some other ways to meet women?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston it sounds like you tried everything to meet wome

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Winston, it sounds like you tried everything humanly possible to meet women in the US. I think you mentioned you took college classes, did some extra work in movies, you may have done some volunteering as well. Also, you approached women at stores and shopping malls. You even used the internet and personal ads to try and meet women. My God, I think you did everything a human being can do to meet women! Do you think you tried everything possible, or do you sometimes regret not trying some other ways to meet women?
Interesting question. I pretty much tried everything, including PUA books, to no avail. It's not that I can't meet women in social situations or communal activities. It's a matter of them not seeing you as their type. In addition, lots of bad luck and mistiming and coincidences going against me, for years and years, told me that it wasn't my forte, that my destiny lie elsewhere.

In all those years, never did I imagine that the solution lie abroad. It did pass in my thoughts occasionally, but I never took it seriously. It took a personal trip to Russia in 2002 to convince me fully, where I had an awakening, and was "born again". Only then did I see the true solution, which no one had ever suggested to me. None of my friends or therapists had ever suggested, all they did was gave me coping skills to endure the futility in America. Never did I imagine the solution could be so simple, yet so out of the box that few would ever consider it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some questions someone asked me by email and my answers to them.
> Hey, checking out the possibility of bailing out, and I have some concerns.
>
> 1. If I leave, can I take my money, with me? Can I wire it
> out before leaving? Will I pay a fee to get it to my
> destination? It's already been taxed here.
>
> 2. Can I open an account in a foreign bank while still here
> in America?
>
> 3. What about crime? Weren't you jumped in (not that it
> is my destination) Russia? I mean, if I have to
> watch my ass here in Arizona, isn't it worse
> elsewhere?
>
> I've quit working and I am preparing my house for sale.
> And cashing in all my chips, classic car, furniture,
> old 78rpm jazz
>
> records, everything I've been storing all these years.
> I've got a little cash, will have more when I'm
> done. I have had little fun
>
> in life. I've spent my time busting my ass in
> construction, just to stay in the middle-class. So, I either
> want move to a small town, here in America or just plain leave.
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> Scottsdale, AZ
My response:

If you're looking for a better dating scene, you might as well just leave the US. lol

Are you on my list? How did you find out about my site?

As to your questions:

Your money, I would not take too much cash with you or it might be confiscated or stolen. Just leave most of it in your bank, bring a few hundred with you (less than a thousand preferably).

Then, when you are overseas, open an American owned international bank like HSBC or Citibank, and then write a check to yourself from your other bank. That's what most expats do. If you wire it, it will be costly and complicated. Checks are easier and nearly free.

Of course, you gotta remember to bring your checkbook with you too.

You can open a bank account anywhere but I'd stick to a trusted name like HSBC or Citibank.

Crime? It depends where you go. You gotta use common sense and stay in safe areas or with people you trust. Nothing is risk free though, but you can take calculated risks.

Have you gotten my Global Dating Guide yet? It comes with my Ebook.

Perhaps you can post your questions below in my forum? That way other experienced expats can chime in and give you more advice. I'm just one opinion.

Winston

firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

Need some Opinion

Post by firethrower1000 »

Winston could you tell me how women are in France? I read you said they were kind of snobby, what did you mean?
Did someone told you about it? And how is it compared to the philipines and Russia?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Need some Opinion

Post by Winston »

firethrower1000 wrote:Winston could you tell me how women are in France? I read you said they were kind of snobby, what did you mean?
Did someone told you about it? And how is it compared to the philipines and Russia?
I heard that they were proud of their culture and so are culture snobs, but are still more down to earth than american women. I heard different things, but have never been there so I don't know from firsthand experience.

I would say they are somewhere between western women and eastern women? even if they're snobby and picky, at least they are probably more down to earth, open and sincere and not as hung up.

Greetercb
Freshman Poster

Post by Greetercb »

Which Part of The Phillipines you do recommend for us Single Men to visit to search for that
Special Somebody?

Either Manila or Quezen City or Cebu City or Where?

And Thanks!!!!!! Very Happy
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Greetercb wrote:Which Part of The Phillipines you do recommend for us Single Men to visit to search for that
Special Somebody?

Either Manila or Quezen City or Cebu City or Where?

And Thanks!!!!!! Very Happy
Depends on what you're looking for. For sex and bar girls, Angeles City is the most convenient. For romance, Cebu is supposed to be the romance capital. But I've never been to Cebu. That's what Ladislav told me.

To be honest, I haven't been in many places in the PH. I haven't traveled much in a while. So I can't speak much for the other places.

But in my experience, girls in Angeles and Manila are VERY approachable, make eye contact, smile and easy to chat up.

The girls are friendly and open pretty much anywhere in the PH, compared to America at least.

However, generally the poor girls are friendliest. The richer they get, the snobbier they are. The friendly upper class women tend to be fat.

I would not recommend living in Manila though. It's stressful and dirty and a mess.
Last edited by Winston on August 7th, 2010, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaymcgoff
Freshman Poster

Advice for very short guys

Post by jaymcgoff »

Winston,

Thanks for creating this website, it has been very inspirational to read about your dating success abroad. I'm a white American guy but I still feel like we have a lot in common, as we are both excluded from the dating game due to extreme prejudice here. My theory is that American girls' hatred for Asian guys is really based on short stature, not shyness or nerdiness as some American women claim in order to justify their prejudice. (I think it's all about height because I've known shy nerdy Asian guys who were tall and thus they did very well with American girls). I'm barely over 5 feet tall so I'm lumped into the same undateable category, disqualified even by the ugliest McFatties before I say a word.

I would probably be a virgin forever if I hadn't gone to Costa Rica to see a "professional" and get the monkey off my back. I don't regret that trip for a second, but I'd like to have a real relationship without having to pay for sex. I'm 27, still never had a girlfriend, and have tried everything from online dating, riding a motorcycle, studying massage therapy, to even converting to Orthodox Judaism to appeal to those particular women. Even PUA didn't work for me, despite all the "seduction community" BS about height not being an issue unless you make it an issue for yourself. PUA was the last straw for me, as I wasted many thousands of dollars on their crappy seminars and products and they filled me up with delusions and dreams that will never happen. I've decided I have to leave this country and start a new life abroad, one that doesn't involve eternal misery, loneliness, depression and anxiety.

My parents are extremely unsupportive and can't believe I would give up my IT career to teach English in South Korea. My dad wants to ruin it for me, threatening that I will not have better success with foreign women. He tries to make me feel guilty for not being married to a Jewish American woman yet, since so many of my friends have done just that. He fails to see the difference is that my friends are spoiled and come from money, and are normal height, but I've been dealt a really bad hand. Its my life, and if they're going to make me feel guilty and talk me out of what I'm doing to actually be happy for once, then I will just cut them out of my life entirely.

I realize that I will still be disqualified from the dating game in South Korea, since I'm much shorter than the average male over there. My plan is to find a wife somewhere in South East Asia and bring her to live with me in Korea, where I can make a decent salary and still be far away from my painful past in America. Where would I have the best opportunities? Thailand, Cambodia, Phillipines? In which country will women give me a chance even though I'm very short?

Thanks,
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Need some Opinion

Post by Winston »

firethrower1000 wrote:Winston could you tell me how women are in France? I read you said they were kind of snobby, what did you mean?
Speaking of women in France, according to these videos, there is no feminism or battle of the sexes there. That's a very good thing. I've embedded both videos here:

http://intellectualexpat.blogspot.com/2 ... d-men.html

The second one is by a French guy criticizing feminism. You can ask him your question by emailing him through his YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/Frenchview

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Advice for very short guys

Post by Winston »

jaymcgoff wrote:Winston,

Thanks for creating this website, it has been very inspirational to read about your dating success abroad. I'm a white American guy but I still feel like we have a lot in common, as we are both excluded from the dating game due to extreme prejudice here. My theory is that American girls' hatred for Asian guys is really based on short stature, not shyness or nerdiness as some American women claim in order to justify their prejudice. (I think it's all about height because I've known shy nerdy Asian guys who were tall and thus they did very well with American girls). I'm barely over 5 feet tall so I'm lumped into the same undateable category, disqualified even by the ugliest McFatties before I say a word.

I would probably be a virgin forever if I hadn't gone to Costa Rica to see a "professional" and get the monkey off my back. I don't regret that trip for a second, but I'd like to have a real relationship without having to pay for sex. I'm 27, still never had a girlfriend, and have tried everything from online dating, riding a motorcycle, studying massage therapy, to even converting to Orthodox Judaism to appeal to those particular women. Even PUA didn't work for me, despite all the "seduction community" BS about height not being an issue unless you make it an issue for yourself. PUA was the last straw for me, as I wasted many thousands of dollars on their crappy seminars and products and they filled me up with delusions and dreams that will never happen. I've decided I have to leave this country and start a new life abroad, one that doesn't involve eternal misery, loneliness, depression and anxiety.

My parents are extremely unsupportive and can't believe I would give up my IT career to teach English in South Korea. My dad wants to ruin it for me, threatening that I will not have better success with foreign women. He tries to make me feel guilty for not being married to a Jewish American woman yet, since so many of my friends have done just that. He fails to see the difference is that my friends are spoiled and come from money, and are normal height, but I've been dealt a really bad hand. Its my life, and if they're going to make me feel guilty and talk me out of what I'm doing to actually be happy for once, then I will just cut them out of my life entirely.

I realize that I will still be disqualified from the dating game in South Korea, since I'm much shorter than the average male over there. My plan is to find a wife somewhere in South East Asia and bring her to live with me in Korea, where I can make a decent salary and still be far away from my painful past in America. Where would I have the best opportunities? Thailand, Cambodia, Phillipines? In which country will women give me a chance even though I'm very short?

Thanks,
Hi there,
Thanks for joining. Generally, Philippines is good for short men. The women there have lower standards and value niceness from a decent guy. But it depends on the woman of course. The odds are in your favor with the surplus of single women though.

Thailand is good for sex I hear, but western/thai relationships are not very compatible culturally.

Still, these are other people's experiences. You gotta try both and see what works best for you. What matters is what's true for you.

I would not recommend South Korea though. No one I know says it's a good dating scene for foreigners. Plus people in East Asia are very cold, cliquish and business-like. If you just need to make money there though, you can use it as a base or launching point into the rest of Asia.

What is wrong with going back to Costa Rica or Columbia?

Talk to some foreign girls first on Tagged.com or through some of the dating sites linked above. See if height is an issue for them. You can gauge them online first before you go there.

Good luck.

Winston

jaymcgoff
Freshman Poster

Teaching English in Costa Rica and Colombia?

Post by jaymcgoff »

Winston,

Costa Rica is a beautiful country with friendly, gorgeous women. I had a great time there... In addition to seeing the "professionals," I also took a tour of the rainforest and Volcano Poaz. They have some of the most amazing exotic animals, like really cute miniature monkeys, colorful birds, etc. I highly recommend Costa Rica as a travel destination, both for pay4play and sightseeing.

I briefly considered moving to Costa Rica. Unfortunately this isn't a realistic option because I would be dirt poor. I did some research on this. English teachers are paid barely enough to cover the most basic necessities. I can't see myself renting a tiny room in some other family's house for the rest of my life. As far as dating, my most appealing quality to women there would be my presumed wealth (being from America), and when they find out I'm poor they'd quickly lose interest.

I don't know much about Colombia, other than it having a reputation for being one of the best countries in the world for pay4play. My goal is to get a real girlfriend, so I'd need a decent paying job. Have you heard of anyone getting a reasonable salary teaching English in Colombia?

You're right about South Korea being a launching pad to the rest of Asia. I'm taking a Korean language course, listening to their music, and really getting into their culture as much as possible before I go. My plan is to improve my looks and develop my game as much as possible. Koreans will appreciate all of my positive qualities, knowledge of their culture, literacy in Hangul, etc. They're more likely to overlook the superficial things like height. Additionally, several of my friends and coworkers who've been to Korea said the women are much friendlier than Americans. I realize for the majority of Koreans I will be excluded from the dating game, but I believe I'll still have more (and better) options in Korea than the few I have in America.

As a last resort, if despite my best effort I'm unable to get a Korean girlfriend I'll find a wife in the Philippines and bring her back to Korea to live with me there. Unfortunately that involves having a long distance relationship for an extended period of time. I really don't like the idea of long distance relationships (too much temptation for her to cheat).

Thanks,
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston

Why do you have to pay per hour for your Internet now?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:Winston

In the Philippines I do, cause I don't get free internet there anymore. And I don't want to sign up for service cause it requires a two year contract. So I just use a USB stick that has credits like a cell phone where you pay per hour. You insert your cell phone SIM card into the USB and plug it into your computer and it gets wireless signals from the cell phone towers. It's not very good and slow and drops a lot. But it's better than nothing.

Either that, or I go to internet cafes.

I'm trying to make it so that I can do most of my work offline though.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:Winston

In the Philippines I do, cause I don't get free internet there anymore. And I don't want to sign up for service cause it requires a two year contract. So I just use a USB stick that has credits like a cell phone where you pay per hour. You insert your cell phone SIM card into the USB and plug it into your computer and it gets wireless signals from the cell phone towers. It's not very good and slow and drops a lot. But it's better than nothing.

Either that, or I go to internet cafes.

I'm trying to make it so that I can do most of my work offline though.
When did you go back to Angeles?