shouldn't women stop expecting monogamy from their husbands?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

shouldn't women stop expecting monogamy from their husbands?

Post by Boner_Jones »

To the married guys on the forum: you have to take a vow of fidelity... but it doesn't seem natural or realistic... at least for me.

Greg Giraldo was talking about Tiger Woods and... what he said really hit home for me (starts 1:41)

Every dating site I go, women keep saying they want "trust" and "honesty"...

but... i think it means they want to "trust" that you won't have sex with other women...

And "honesty" means... you are honest when you say you are not having sex with other women.

how do you avoid infidelity? More "communication"? WTF?

Greg Giraldo was my favorite comedian. RIP GG

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Many Mammals are Monogamist what makes human beings special other than can explain away their reasoning for not having one partner?

Do not use Tiger Woods as an example of a man that needs several partners. You do not have women throwing themselves at you. All the women in question pretty much knew who he was and if they weren't sure a quick Google search solves that. All these women KNEW he was married too, Wikipedia tells you as much that never stopped their legs from opening.

Bad example.

Do women send mixed signals? Where have you been? They've been sending mixed signals since they learned how to form complete sentences.

Because so many men have to lie to kick it, we have a problem Houston: Women generally don't trust men to be faithful and are often proven correct.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Some (not all) women will tolerate their husbands having a little fun on the side, but only if it's kept out of view and whatever happens "over there' stays "over there". i.e. when my GF's father was posted to Indonesia, his wife packed a large box of condoms in his luggage and instructed him 1) not to get some local girl pregnant, and 2) don't bring home STD's.
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

djfourmoney wrote:Many Mammals are Monogamist what makes human beings special other than can explain away their reasoning for not having one partner?

Do not use Tiger Woods as an example of a man that needs several partners. You do not have women throwing themselves at you. All the women in question pretty much knew who he was and if they weren't sure a quick Google search solves that. All these women KNEW he was married too, Wikipedia tells you as much that never stopped their legs from opening.

Bad example.

Do women send mixed signals? Where have you been? They've been sending mixed signals since they learned how to form complete sentences.

Because so many men have to lie to kick it, we have a problem Houston: Women generally don't trust men to be faithful and are often proven correct.

Many mammals are monogamist? Uhh.. I don't think so.. lions aren't... many primates mate with multiple partners

Do you think Tiger Woods is the exception? OK maybe some married guys are mongamous but... lots of guys are still gonna to go with their instinct to mate with other partners... maybe you didn't get the point of the video?... He was saying Tiger wanted to keep his family but was torn with natural desires (like all men have) for more women...

no i don't have women throwing themselves at me but if I went to the Phils like Winston I would be treated like a rock star.. Ladislav talked about department store clerks going up to ordinary guys... and then if I was married I dont know what I would do with all those women because i think i would want to f**k lots of women... sorry if i sound bad saying that but.. i am torn, that's who I am as a man and I can't change that..

yes I agree women don't trust men to be faithful, but I'm saying is it realistic for women to expect men to be faithful? What if the husband keeps it discreet? didn't you read the thread title?