El Paso, Texas - The least American city

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

El Paso, Texas - The least American city

Post by fschmidt »

This post is to praise El Paso, Texas, where I live. I absolutely cannot stand Americans and I could not live in any other city in America besides El Paso. El Paso is the least American city in America, the vast majority of the population being Mexican. Even the Americans here are tolerable, probably because they are somewhat removed from regular American culture. Anywhere else in America, I experience the incredible bitchiness of American women almost any time I go out. When I go out in America with my wife, the American men give my wife full attention and treat me like garbage. None of this happens in El Paso. My wife and I are treated equally here, women are not bitchy and are not put on pedestals.

El Paso is right on the border of Mexico with Juarez on the other side. Juarez is unsafe right now but that should improve over time. For single guys, there is legal prostitution in Juarez, but I have no personal experience with this. And of course one can date women in Juarez who are completely removed from the American cultural disease.

El Paso has a pretty good desert climate and we have pine covered mountains with skiing 2 hours away. Texas has no state income tax. For those interested in domestic relocation, El Paso is worth considering.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I've been to El Paso before, and I absolutely loved it. The Socorro area has a small-town Spanish mission feel that hardly exists in any other part of the American Southwest. It's one of my favorite parts of the El Paso metropolitan area.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Keep talking about it and business might pop up there and make it into another California.

Some things should be PM'ed. ;-)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Thanks for the tip.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Apparently a fair amount of civic coherence and public-mindedness in El Paso as well. They're building a nice downtown baseball stadium that is allowing them to pilfer our (Tucson's) Triple A team next year.

What you say is very interesting. Tucson has loads of Mexican-Americans, but strong emphasis on the American part. The women seem even more unapproachable than Anglos. Maybe El Paso is different in that respect, and the cultural emphasis is much more on the Mexican than American part.

OTOH, we have the pine-covered mountains only 45 minutes away here. Actually, I can see them out my window - it just takes 45 minutes to drive up. Both cities have loads of sunshine, for those who value that. And I happen to think it makes a lot of difference.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

gsjackson wrote:Apparently a fair amount of civic coherence and public-mindedness in El Paso as well. They're building a nice downtown baseball stadium that is allowing them to pilfer our (Tucson's) Triple A team next year.

What you say is very interesting. Tucson has loads of Mexican-Americans, but strong emphasis on the American part. The women seem even more unapproachable than Anglos. Maybe El Paso is different in that respect, and the cultural emphasis is much more on the Mexican than American part.

OTOH, we have the pine-covered mountains only 45 minutes away here. Actually, I can see them out my window - it just takes 45 minutes to drive up. Both cities have loads of sunshine, for those who value that. And I happen to think it makes a lot of difference.

It's the best real estate value in the USA now...when I am back in Arizona I want to spend more time in Tucson.
That said, El Paso is really underrated- the weather is quite good. The one thing they did screw up is how they mixed in these buildings that are ugly monstrosities right next to some fine old stone buildings. So long as you don't locate anywhere downwind of the refinery, el Paso is a very agreeable city...Las Cruces New Mexico is really good as well...and within striking distance of El Paso.

Outwest
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

watch out... el paso might end turning into another f***ing american hole full of suburbanites from california and new york and hispters looking for the hip trendy unique place to be!
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm near El Paso, TX now, in southern New Mexico, near Las Cruces. I was wondering if I should go to El Paso. Is it worth it? What is there to do there?

What about the Mexican town across the border from it? Ciudad Juarez? Is it worth going to? Any p4p there?

Fschmidt, are you still in El Paso? If so, do you want to meet up? lol. Maybe you could show me around?

Are you a nice guy in person? Would we end up arguing about Hitler and the Jews? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

El Paso is a nice place to live because it is relatively free of Americans. But there isn't much to do here. Ciudad Juarez is across the border. That is more interesting, a normal Mexican border town like Tijuana but free of Americans. I could take you over if you are interested. I don't know much about prostitution here. I work from home, so I have a flexible schedule, so I can meet you if you are interested anytime.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:El Paso is a nice place to live because it is relatively free of Americans. But there isn't much to do here. Ciudad Juarez is across the border. That is more interesting, a normal Mexican border town like Tijuana but free of Americans. I could take you over if you are interested. I don't know much about p4p here. I work from home, so I have a flexible schedule, so I can meet you if you are interested anytime.
Isn't there cultural stuff to do in El Paso, since there's so many Mexicans there? Are the Mexican girls there approachable and easy to meet and date?

Is Ciudad Juarez a dangerous place? Steve Neese told me it was dangerous and risky to go to those border towns.

Yes I'd be interested to go there. Can you park at the border and walk across it into town or take a bus?

I can research the p4p there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I've been to both El Paso and Ciudad Juarez before.

El Paso sometimes feels like another suburban American place like Las Vegas, but it's more cultural with a much more Latino feel, like New Mexico. The Socorro area is especially wonderful and laid-back, with nostalgic-feeling parks and missions. That's one area I highly recommend.

Ciudad Juarez isn't that dangerous if you're looking for cultural stuff, not the seedy and shady stuff.

Just go Winston! Enjoy yourself there. :D
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:I can research the p4p there.
Winston, my only experience with p4p was in a border town in the '70s. Seedy doesn't even begin to describe it. Don't. DO NOT.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Falcon has it right. No cultural stuff. I don't how approachable the Mexican women are, but they aren't hostile psychos like the American women are whenever I have the misfortune to travel in America. Ciudad Juarez isn't that dangerous now, about like many of the older American cities. One can easily park in El Paso and walk across the border.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fschmidt wrote:Falcon has it right. No cultural stuff. I don't how approachable the Mexican women are, but they aren't hostile psychos like the American women are whenever I have the misfortune to travel in America. Ciudad Juarez isn't that dangerous now, about like many of the older American cities. One can easily park in El Paso and walk across the border.
FSchmidt please re-read Falcon's post - your comment here seems confusing

Youre saying that there essentially IS no culture in CJ?