A 3 Bedroom Home In Detroit Is $500

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

A 3 Bedroom Home In Detroit Is $500

Post by Taco »

I thought this was intersting.

After a bargain? Own a three bedroom home in Detroit for JUST $500...as the city is revealed to have the cheapest housing in the U.S

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1t4x9vgdO
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Ha ha ha, try buying a house in Shanghai for that price! The world is turning itself on its head.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

That $500 will buy you all the trouble in the world. I speak from painful experience. Don't put a nickel into Detroit.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The House is $500 but unfortunately you need a $50,000 security system just to protect it, 10 ft. electric fence, CCTV cameras, mine field in your lawn etc...
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Taco wrote:The House is $500 but unfortunately you need a $50,000 security system just to protect it, 10 ft. electric fence, CCTV cameras, mine field in your lawn etc...
Yeah, just to keep it from becoming a crack house. Add in at least $300 a month for taxes, probably many thousands in necessary repairs, tenants who won't pay the rent and property managers who will steal it all if they do.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

gsjackson wrote:
Taco wrote:The House is $500 but unfortunately you need a $50,000 security system just to protect it, 10 ft. electric fence, CCTV cameras, mine field in your lawn etc...
Yeah, just to keep it from becoming a crack house. Add in at least $300 a month for taxes, probably many thousands in necessary repairs, tenants who won't pay the rent and property managers who will steal it all if they do.
As Full Force said in the 80s, "WORD!"
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!