Are Utah Mormon girls a good dating or wife option in America?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Are Utah Mormon girls a good dating or wife option in America?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just got back from traveling through Southern Utah and was impressed by how wholesome and friendly people there were. They would talk to strangers freely without snobbishness or attitude. And the girls had this wholesome innocent look that is rare in America today. I think it's due to a combination of their Mormon religion which emphasizes a clean, pure, moralistic lifestyle, an inner glow in them that is divine, and the unparalleled beauty of the nature in Utah.

It's like the girls there are from the 19th Century or early 20th Century, like from the TV show "Little House on the Prairie". Any of you ever notice that about Mormon girls or Utah girls?

It's a huge contrast to the degenerate women you see in Las Vegas. That's for sure.

Does this mean that Mormon Utah girls are the most morally pure and best marriage material available in America today? If so, are they an option for men who can't go abroad? Of course, you'd probably have to convert to Mormonism in order to date one.

I find their "glow" and goodness to be attractive. I'm almost tempted to move to Utah and marry a Mormon girl and join their religion. At least you'd have a sense of community and belonging there.

Or at least go there and spend some time in the nature there. There are many beautiful places there for hiking and camping, amidst cool temperatures and clean air. The vibe feels peaceful and there are many spectacular multi-colored canyons and forests around you. I think Utah is a very rejuvenating place for your mind and soul too.

One thing I respect about Mormons is that they seem to live what they preach, much more so than most Christians do, who often pay lip service to their religion but live totally secular lives outside of church.

There have been studies proving that Mormons do indeed have a glow to them that other people don't. See here:

http://kristacook.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... y-and.html
http://www.scienceandreligiontoday.com/ ... eir-faces/
http://utahdatapoints.com/2010/12/do-mo ... ally-glow/
http://aboutmormons.org/1923/why-are-mo ... od-looking

However, what I don't get is why Mormons seem so overly eager to convert you. They seem very anxious and eager to try to get you into their faith. What do they get out of it? Do they have a quota for converting others?

In Utah, there are even many roadside "tourist attractions" that offer free historical tours, but are really fronts for Mormon missionary programs to try to preach their faith to you. That might sound a little deceptive, but at least it's done in a good natured manner.

Are any of you Mormons here or have been one? If so, what's your take on this? Any of you been to Utah too? If so, what did you think? Any of you dated a Mormon girl before?
Last edited by Winston on November 17th, 2013, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I went to Utah State so I think I'm qualified to answer your questions.

True, Utah Mormons are friendlier, more trustworthy and generally less narcissistic than your typical American. However, fun, is probably the last word I would use to describe Utah women. There probably the most emotionally spoiled women on the planet. Most Mormon fathers never scolded their daughters their entire lives so they tend to put men under a pedestal, a place I'm not comfortable. A woman from Utah will make it quite clear to you that she is the superior officer in the relationship. There's thousands of single Mormon women and most men are not lining up to date them or marry them. I've dated and even married a Mormon woman from Utah and I would not do it again. There just as screwed up emotionally and psychologically as most American woman are but they lead a cleaner lifestyle although that is changing.

Also, it was legal to kill Mormons in the state of Missouri until 1976 so I guess you could say the government doesn't exactly like them. Which might be why they built the new spy center in Utah.

Utah Data Center
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

one thing I have learned over the years, be very careful with Mormons. they can be quite two-faced.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I used to fly out to Logan about once a month to my client there, and now I work for a Mormon owned company. On the up side, the management are Mormons who have international experience -- they did their mission overseas in Russia, Thailand, etc. They're also more polite and do not cuss or yell. Even when they fire you they're nice about it and give you couple of months to find a new job. On the down side, as a non-Mormon, you're not "in".

Federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies love to recruit Mormons, because they tend to have squeaky clean backgrounds.

Many years have passed since the fall of Word Perfect and Novell, but the lingering anti-Microsoft sentiment is still very strong. I'm "discouraged" from using Microsoft Office at work. Many coworkers use MacBooks.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are the Mormon girls in Salt Lake City, UT pretty approachable, sweet and feminine?

Any of you been there?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:Are the Mormon girls in Salt Lake City, UT pretty approachable, sweet and feminine?

Any of you been there?
Mormon men have a strong tendency to put Mormon women on a pedestal and worship them. As a result you'll find that most Mormon women are no different in their attitudes towards men than mainstream American women. While many of them are friendly they will make it quite clear they are the superior officer and the mans role is to obey their every command. In other words they will not submit to you, a classic sign of a middle class woman.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Re: Are Utah Mormon girls a good option?

Post by Halwick »

Winston wrote: However, what I don't get is why Mormons seem so overly eager to convert you. They seem very anxious and eager to try to get you into their faith. What do they get out of it? Do they have a quota for converting others?
As with any organized religion, it's all about numbers and Money and promoting their philosophy. A new recruit is perfect for that mission.

How do you feel about tithing over to the Church 10% of your gross income and donating a significant amount of your time and money promoting their causes and philosophy? Of course with your internet networking expertise, they would love to have (read: use) you. I can just see Happier Abroad over time becoming a Mormon mouthpiece.

Winston, I admire your outspoken Freethinking and Freespirit outlook, but I don't think it would fit in with their rigid moral philosophy and attitudes. And Mormons are politically very conservative.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Taco wrote:
Winston wrote:Are the Mormon girls in Salt Lake City, UT pretty approachable, sweet and feminine?

Any of you been there?
Mormon men have a strong tendency to put Mormon women on a pedestal and worship them. As a result you'll find that most Mormon women are no different in their attitudes towards men than mainstream American women. While many of them are friendly they will make it quite clear they are the superior officer and the mans role is to obey their every command. In other words they will not submit to you, a classic sign of a middle class woman.
I think this is mostly accurate. I was raised Mormon and most of my family are still active. I am no longer religious at all. There are good and bad Mormons of course. The benefits of a good Mormon girl are:

1) They are virgin with mostly NO experience in anything sexual
2) They put a very high priority on marriage and having children
3) They will mostly accept her gender role and be willing to stay at home to raise the kids
4) Less likely to cheat or even think about cheating.

The "cons" of a good Mormon girl are:

1) They can be extremely conservative when it comes to sex. Of example, oral sex can be off the table permanently (with SOME). "Unnatural sex" is a very real word in their vocabulary. Sex is seen as something between a man, woman and God...they want it to be respectful all the time. This isn't always the case, of course.
2) You (the man) will ALWAYS take a back seat to the children...always. You will be expected to provide for the family no matter what. When you come home, you will be expected to help around the house no matter how tired you are from work.
3) They pretty much think INSIDE of their little box...all the time. They have little understanding of the rest of the world and really strive to stay away from it. They are extremely conservative in their way of thinking and can be very judgmental as well. This can get aggravating in daily conversation...trust me...lol.
4) Young Mormon women want to date/marry ONLY YOUNG Mormon men...preferably return missionaries. This puts them out of reach to 99.9% of the male population. Mormon return missionaries (men) are usually between the ages of 20 and 22 now (younger than previous years). That is the prime age for marriage for Mormon men. The prime marriage age of Mormon women is 18-20.

The LDS (Mormon) religion has some very good parts to it (example: Food Storage/Garden instructions, Moral Teachings, etc.) but many drawbacks as well. They have no paid clergy (everything is voluntary) so that's also good. You can be "Mormon" without paying 10% tithing and can go to church every Sunday. You just won't be able to attend the Temple if you don't follow every teaching...including tithing, Law of Chastity, Word of Wisdom (alcohol and drugs), etc.. Breaking the Law of Chastity is a very serious sin to them. You can be excommunicated for simply having sex outside of marriage.

#4 of the "Con" section is the big NO-GO for most guys here though....if you are in your 30's or older you are out of luck! You might find a divorced Mormon woman (most likely with a child...or 5), but you won't be getting the young virgins at a later age.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Halwick wrote:
Winston wrote: However, what I don't get is why Mormons seem so overly eager to convert you. They seem very anxious and eager to try to get you into their faith. What do they get out of it? Do they have a quota for converting others?
As with any organized religion, it's all about numbers and Money and promoting their philosophy. A new recruit is perfect for that mission.

How do you feel about tithing over to the Church 10% of your gross income and donating a significant amount of your time and money promoting their causes and philosophy? Of course with your internet networking expertise, they would love to have (read: use) you. I can just see Happier Abroad over time becoming a Mormon mouthpiece.

Winston, I admire your outspoken Freethinking and Freespirit outlook, but I don't think it would fit in with their rigid moral philosophy and attitudes. And Mormons are politically very conservative.
Good point. If I became a staunch Mormon, I'd have to start preaching serious marriage here and preach against the playboy lifestyle. lol

I wonder why they are so dedicated and passionate about their faith though. There has to be something real to it to make people that dedicated to it. I mean something beyond mere brainwashing. But the same could be said for Christianity and Islam too.

The way Tre describes them makes them sound very uptight, strict and narrow. It would not fit with my personality. It's probably best for people who want to be narrow and strict, and are empty with nothing else to live for.

Tre,
Well how do they expect new Mormon converts who are older to get married then? Maybe the older men who convert to the faith are supposed to marry older women who just converted too? Or other new converts?
Last edited by Winston on December 15th, 2013, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Winston wrote:
Halwick wrote:

Good point. If I became a staunch Mormon, I'd have to start preaching serious marriage here and preach against the playboy lifestyle. lol

On second thought Winston, with your charismatic and dynamic personality, you could attract a following of nubile and impressionable, albeit sexually repressed, Mormon girls. Then you can discretely train them....and corrupt them, thereby setting them "free". :P
Z Man
Freshman Poster

Post by Z Man »

Hello Winston et al :)

I have been lurking here for about 6 months and thought it is time to start posting. I discovered this site shortly after meeting a cute Filipina online, and have been studying all I can about the culture, scamming, etc.

I am an information junkie, I guess. I did the whole David DeAngelo/ Vin DiCarlo/PUA scene and spent lots of money and wasted time and effort for 7 years to try to discover that missing piece of the puzzle so that I could find some success with my goal.. getting a healthy relationship with a good Utah Mormon girl. :)

Why a Utah Mormon girl? Well, because I was born and raised Mormon, and most of my relatives lived in Utah, as did I for 16 years up until I moved here almost 2 years ago. I am "supposed" to find me a good Mormon woman to marry in the temple and start having kids with, etc. :roll:

Of course, it is not that simple. Over the last two decades or so, the number of "Young Single Adult" dances dropped from 2 every week to 1 every 2 months if we are lucky, and then it is just groups of people dancing in a circle because they don't know how to interact with the opposite gender.

Education is king in the church it seems. Every young person is expected these days to serve a full-time mission of proselyting in a foreign land (2 years for men, 18 months for women). Then upon returning home, immediately get enrolled back in college (because they got at least 1 semester in before the mission).

Because the women are now serving missions and getting as much education as the men do, you had better be a great catch if you want to attract one of these pretty ladies, or you will be left on the sidelines, or worse- your options will be reduced to divorced women and/or single moms. Back in the day, The LDS man would go to work and provide for his family while his LDS wife would stay home and raise the children and clean the home. Not so anymore, because now these girls are not allowed to date until they are 16, then only group dates until the time when they are old enough (19-21) then they are strongly encouraged to serve a mission just like the boys, then come home and get a college degree just like the boys, and put off marriage and kids until their careers are established, so both man and wife can work outside the home while their children are left in day care all day!

My point is: American Mormon women are NO DIFFERENT than most American women! With that said, they are still biologically women, if a bit sexually repressed as they have been told most of their young lives to avoid S-E-X or anything similar to it! Thus, expect a handshake at the end of a date, but no kissing! :?

And yet, there are many single mothers and teen pregnancies among the membership anyway.

Don't get me wrong: I consider myself a spiritual person and believe in Jesus Christ and most of the gospel principles I have been taught at church meeting, reading the scriptures, etc. But I don't attend church or the social gatherings with these eunuch women anymore because it is a waste of my time, IMHO.

I also don't want to paint the picture that every LDS guy has my experience. Weddings still happen all the time: then after they tie the knot, the woman cuts off her long beautiful hair, gains 50 pounds( not from pregnancy ) and puts on her pantsuit to head off to work her career. It is disgusting in my opinion!

To answer Winston's question: I lived in the Orem/Provo "college town" area, where everybody attends BYU and has a "holier than thou" attitude. I can't speak for Salt Lake City area as I didn't date girls from there very often.

The LDS population growth has been in steady decline for many years. A generation ago, the church growth was due to how many children were being born into Mormon families. Nowdays, it is all about converting outsiders into the faith. LDS couples are having fewer children now and having them later in life, so the membership has leveled off at just over 14 million worldwide. A few years ago, the ratio changed: the majority of Mormons now live outside the USA. So if you want a Mormon girl who hasn't been "Americanized" you may still be able to find one.

As for me, after 16 years and 1 Mormon girlfriend (she was from Connecticut), I have given up on any American women, LDS or otherwise, and am searching overseas. 8)

In a bit of irony for me.. the cute Filipina lady I have been chatting with for the past 6 months recently told me that she would willingly convert to Mormonism if I marry her. Lol, we will see...
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston you are always so naive, lol. :lol:

Do you know that racism is hard wired into the Mormon religion? If you aren't white you're considered inferior and it's written right into their "scripture." Blacks and other "coloreds" weren't and probably secretly still aren't allowed into their religious inner circle. Now imagine trying to date and have a relationship with a full blown practicing Mormon girl and their family allowing that..fat chance.

Mormonism is essentially formed under a weird polygamist doctrine and if you read about it (I highly suggest you read Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer) it's pretty grotesque. Mormonism was created basically so a lot of old white men could have a lot of young white virgins. The patriarch of their religion..Joseph Smith was just a massive pervert and cult leader.

Do you really think you'll get accepted into this cult? Fat chance, they'll just see you as a lecherous old chinaman looking to steal their white virgins. :lol:

Think about what a weird f***er Mitt Romney is..even with all his money and "business" legitimacy. Do you really want to have guys like that controlling your life?
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Winston wrote: Tre,
Well how do they expect new Mormon converts who are older to get married then? Maybe the older men who convert to the faith are supposed to marry older women who just converted too? Or other new converts?
They will not be marrying women much younger than they are...that is 100% certain. If they are a single, older man (past 30), they'll have to be looking for someone around their own age. In other words, they will get to choose from divorced women mostly.

There is A LOT of anti-Mormon literature and hate speech to be found. Much of it isn't true...just like most Anti or hate info. I am no longer active (haven't been for many, many years), but I can definitely pick apart what is true and what isn't. My Mormon white sister married a Mexican (also a Mormon) if that tells you anything. Older generations were much more racist than the new generations, but ALL older generations in the USA are. The younger generations are much more accepting of racial mixing than our grandfathers and great grandfathers were. Females are NOT encouraged to serve missions but are allowed to if they want to. Mormon women ARE encouraged to get married and have children at a young age. If they don't have to work, many stay home with the kids. These days, it is just plain hard to have a large family with only ONE parent working. Many find ways to do it, but not everyone can manage it. My dad was the only parent that worked while we grew up and we were very poor most of my life...almost up until my adulthood. My mother could have worked at any point, but refused to until we were all grown and out of the house (I am the oldest of 5 kids). The financial situation in the USA is one of the big problems with raising a family in the USA and it's only going to get worse IMO.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The biggest problem with Mormon Utah women is they all have a severe case of princess syndrome. Unofficially, they like to use the men in their life as a door mat, while trying to convince everyone their the victim. There are thousands maybe millions of single Mormon women out there and Mormon men are not exactly lining up to marry them. The only Mormon women that are worth your time live in the Philippines, I know because I married one.