The FTC Sues Most Dating Sites Owner Match Group for Fraud

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

The FTC Sues Most Dating Sites Owner Match Group for Fraud

Post by Will N. Dowd »

What a shocker.

Dallas based Match Group, owner of dating apps and sites Hinge, Match.com, OKCupid, OurTime, POF, and Tinder among others is being sued by the Federal Trade Commission for tricking people into paying for dating sites with fake profiles.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/tech/mat ... index.html

Match CEO Hesam Hosseini said "Most of what the FTC investigated has been permanently discontinued and is totally irrelevant today."

Hahaha, so you admit you used to do it. Conveniently, now you are being sued, you allegedly decided to stop the fraud.
More evidence dating sites and the dating market in most Western countries is rigged and not worth being played.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The FTC Sues Most Dating Sites Owner Match Group for Fraud

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Most guys figured out the fraudulent nature of online dating sites more than a decade ago. It is shameful that it takes an FTC case to open up their eyes.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The FTC Sues Most Dating Sites Owner Match Group for Fraud

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 5:31 pm
Most guys figured out the fraudulent nature of online dating sites more than a decade ago. It is shameful that it takes an FTC case to open up their eyes.

I agree, most men in the US figured out years ago that online dating sites are a complete scam. The few men out there who still think dating sites work will now see that they are scam with the lawsuit by the FTC.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."