Is USA that bad?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

MockOfBrilliance
Freshman Poster

Is USA that bad?

Post by MockOfBrilliance »

Hello! Just realized about this forums just came up when I was googling and been observing a little around here. I was wondering, is America THAT bad as people make it out to be?

I've wanted for many years to migrate to America since it seems pretty over in my country (Sweden). This is coming from someone who is studying computer engineering so when it comes to profession it will be in that category. I felt like America is the dreamcountry for an engineer as it seems like it has the highest wages, the least taxes, most free market (can find almost whatever you want), most stuff are actually cheap compared to Sweden.

Additionally the climate over here kinda gets me every winter turning me into kinda depressed with its dark winter (sun for like 3 hours?).

Hope I didn't break any rules since I just kinda wanted to get this out without procrastinating which I have done for quite some time now. Cheers!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Re: Is USA that bad?

Post by gsjackson »

Welcome. Okay, as for the U.S. prior to covid crazy time: Yes, given your stated priorities, it wouldn't be a bad move coming here (there -- I'm an American currently in Serbia) as an engineer who could probably get a good job and move into the upper middle class. Just bear in mind that the once-strong American middle class has decomposed into this vast, degenerate under class that you really want to stay away from. I'm talking about at least 80 percent of the population now. Stay in your gated community, up-market venues, high-dollar tickets at sporting events and such, floating above the rabble, and you'll do fine. Sweden has a much, much more egalitarian culture, but up-market America is a pretty decent place to live.

As for now, during crazy time -- it's two different countries. For short-hand's sake, call them red and blue. The red states are rediscovering the value of freedom; blue states are embracing the tyranny, and people are self-policing the whole program of chicken shit. The bad news is: Salaries tend to be a a little lower in red states. The good news is: Most of them are in the sun belt, and Sweden's winters would soon be a distant memory.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Their taking all Western /European civilizations down.
Last edited by Moretorque on May 4th, 2021, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
HappyGuy
Experienced Poster

Post by HappyGuy »

MockOfBrilliance wrote:
May 2nd, 2021, 11:37 pm
I was wondering, is America THAT bad as people make it out to be?
No it's not that bad like people make it out to be, it's much worse. :lol: But you won't believe us so hop on a plane and see for yourself. If you start your trip in Las Vegas Winston will add to your observations. He is very opinionated about his town and it's a short drive to Arizona and L.A.

https://eand.co/the-origins-of-americas ... a91f53ce29
"Happier abroad"? Only true men find happiness
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 3:53 pm
MockOfBrilliance wrote:
May 2nd, 2021, 11:37 pm
I was wondering, is America THAT bad as people make it out to be?
No it's not that bad like people make it out to be, it's much worse. :lol: But you won't believe us so hop on a plane and see for yourself. If you start your trip in Las Vegas Winston will add to your observations. He is very opinionated about his town and it's a short drive to Arizona and L.A.

https://eand.co/the-origins-of-americas ... a91f53ce29
You haven't seen bad, wait for the hyper inflation.
Time to Hide!

Return to “North America, Domestic Relocation”