Is the USA really that bad?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Re: Is the USA really that bad?

Post by WilliamSmith »

flowerthief00 wrote:
February 27th, 2022, 8:40 am
I love Vietnam myself. Lived there 2020 to 2021.
However, the notion of going to Vietnam to escape tyranny in the US is laughable. It's Vietnam we're talking about! Far, far, far from a bastion of liberty it is.
Depends how you mean that: That's definitely a good point if someone was seeing Vietnam through such rose-colored glasses that they had any naive notions about libertarian political freedoms or involvement in Vietnamese politics. (In that case, forget it, LOL.)
But as a foreign expat finding a great place to go to escape the dangerous cesspool of the USA, it's another story.

The US is totally insolvent, it's going to be in a continuous state of civil unrest going forward, it's a cultural marxist cesspool filled with drug addiction, gangs, depravity, "gender confusion", and long-story short: It's got nowhere to go but down, unless something very radical happens (like a breakup of the non-existent 'union' into multiple political entities through balkanization, secession, etc).

I know Vietnam has plenty of its own issues, but compared with the sinking titanic USA it's got a bright and promising future ahead of it as a developing country that actually still has its own culture and national identity.

Interesting prospect for the investor and entrepreneur types, but as a self-employed guy with location-independent income that was not messing with local politics, I bet Vietnam would be like heaven to be in compared with the US (at least for me personally).

I was only thinking of a great place to go as a 'digital nomad' of some sort though. Citizenship there sounded a lot more complicated, and I don't know much about that yet.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Tsar wrote:
February 27th, 2022, 10:50 am
flowerthief00 wrote:
February 27th, 2022, 8:40 am
I love Vietnam myself. Lived there 2020 to 2021.
However, the notion of going to Vietnam to escape tyranny in the US is laughable. It's Vietnam we're talking about! Far, far, far from a bastion of liberty it is.
Your last sentence reminds me of how Yoda would speak.

The grammatically correct way in English would be "It is far, far, far from a bastion of liberty."
Pretty sure he knows that and just said it that way on purpose because it sounds nifty that way. :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Life tip: A Yoda sentence here and there will make you sound wiser.

Return to “North America, Domestic Relocation”