What's your best plan for those staying in the U.S. long term (or permanently)?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's your best plan for those staying in the U.S. long term (or permanently)?

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 1:16 pm
It should be interesting to see what happens in the US when the bodies from the vax start piling up.
If that happened, I'd expect a slightly higher percentage of democratic bodies.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's your best plan for those staying in the U.S. long term (or permanently)?

Post by gsjackson »

MrMan wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 1:14 pm
gsjackson wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 5:48 am
I find it hard to believe that North Carolina is more conservative than South Carolina. The Triangle area in NC is one of the biggest clusters of university life -- aka godless communism -- in the country. I can assure you that Duke has been NYC (and Northern Virginia) South since the late '60s, probably UNC as well. There are many more colleges throughout the state that, whatever their origins as religious institutions or whatever, are now filled with faculty members trained at the comintern.
Charleston is majority democrat, and a lot of people from the north have moved there.

North Carolina is mostly red if you look at the counties, but there are blue counties in some higher population cities, such as where Raleigh and Charlotte area. It's kind of like Texas-- a red state with some heavily populated blue urban areas.

Back several years ago, one of the early big news items for the trans insanity under the Obama administration was Charlotte wanting to let trans men into the girl's bathrooms, with the state level fighting back against it, and the federal government under the Obama administration suing the state.
Yeah, and Coach K, erstwhile devout Catholic, as usual danced to the tune called by corporate media and came out for freedom of bathroom choice. That's when I knew we were all the way into cloud cuckoo land. Now the job that he made into the apex of college basketball has been handed over to a Tribesman with no head coaching experience. Naturally.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

WilliamSmith wrote:
December 23rd, 2021, 6:21 pm
If you're stuck in America for the long-haul (eg, any timespan from decades to your whole life) regardless of how bad you think it is, how do you plan to make the best of it?

I'm a positive thinker and expecting to make it out at some point, but noticed there's some other members on here who have to stay in the states for various reasons, and there's always a chance some new macro event could make it hard/impossible to leave (WW3 maybe, lol). So curious what your plans would be.

Location wise?
For example, what US state would you choose to be in? And if you have US State picks already, I'm curious what race you are too and where you like the best for that reason, because even though some of us like each other OK (or at least tolerate each other), the USSA is a complete mess of fomented racial conflict and race-warring in some areas, or at best filled with racial tension in others.
I'd say a rural area in a red state might be okay, away from hotbeds of racial tension.
Business wise?
(To me self-employment is a vital priority, and it gives you way more freedom. Many employees have to stay subserviently politically correct to keep their jobs, not to mention being thrown out of work by the thousands if they won't submit to getting vaxxed this year, and who knows what else TPTB will come up with next time.)
We've got different aptitudes and millions of different things we could be doing for a living.
Plans to protect your savings / financial assets, if you've got them?
I trade stocks a bit (all chart-based, not buy-and-hold), also have some silver and gold so if the bloodsuckers in the banks do their "Great Reset" they can't just loot everything out of my digital accounts with the banks, LOL.
Physical gold might be better if they do that.
I also speculate a bit with money I can afford to lose on risk assets like crypto, uranium stocks and resource stocks, among other things.
I think lithium might do well long-term, unless something else becomes more efficient for battery technology.
I own a bit of rural land (actually with damn scenic views) in a farm area that can be retreated to if the US goes into a total meltdown before I'm able to get myself out of the country, which is I guess about as good as it gets (except that I'd change the state to an even more anti-woke gun-nut state if I could, but it's still not bad).
If it gets really bad, can you grow food there to survive? If the country turns into a desert, maybe you could grow prickly pear cactuses. :)
If I didn't have land, I might consider anything from getting an RV or something so I could "vote with my feet" and also live independently of rents and a lot of rules and regulations.
I looked into getting an RV, and it cost about $35 a night at some of the cheaper sites to park the thing. With the cost of a motorhome compared to just renting cheap hotels, hotels sound better. In a van, I can put a gas-powered stove. I did see a van with a home window air conditioning unit in it when I was a kid. My parents had a full van set up with a bed made out of a board with heavily padded carpet when I was a kid, but there was no A/C, so it wasn't much fun to use in the southern parts of the US for much of the year. We did use it some and the kids slept on the floor of the van or in one long seat at times when we were traveling. If we'd had an A/C unit like that and parked at RV parks that had electricity, that might have been doable.

If you didn't mind coastal cities, riding around from place to place on a house boat or yacht might be a pretty cool.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

gsjackson wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 2:30 pm
MrMan wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
I find it hard to believe that North Carolina is more conservative than South Carolina. The Triangle area in NC is one of the biggest clusters of university life -- aka godless communism -- in the country. I can assure you that Duke has been NYC (and Northern Virginia) South since the late '60s, probably UNC as well. There are many more colleges throughout the state that, whatever their origins as religious institutions or whatever, are now filled with faculty members trained at the comintern.
Charleston is majority democrat, and a lot of people from the north have moved there.

North Carolina is mostly red if you look at the counties, but there are blue counties in some higher population cities, such as where Raleigh and Charlotte area. It's kind of like Texas-- a red state with some heavily populated blue urban areas.

Back several years ago, one of the early big news items for the trans insanity under the Obama administration was Charlotte wanting to let trans men into the girl's bathrooms, with the state level fighting back against it, and the federal government under the Obama administration suing the state.
Yeah, and Coach K, erstwhile devout Catholic, as usual danced to the tune called by corporate media and came out for freedom of bathroom choice. That's when I knew we were all the way into cloud cuckoo land. Now the job that he made into the apex of college basketball has been handed over to a Tribesman with no head coaching experience. Naturally.
Look up North Carolina’s lieutenant governor Mark Robinson.

North Carolina is more based then you’d think.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

fschmidt wrote:
April 19th, 2022, 8:01 pm
This is a good topic. When Biden was elected, I thought America would go full communist, but now the Democrats seem to be losing power, so America may be livable after all.

I looked at several options. I visited Coeur d'Alene 2 years ago and it was very nice. But my family went back and told me it changed. Californians are moving there and changing the place. It doesn't sound so good anymore. Real estate doubled in price. I think a downside of any beautiful area like north Idaho is that it can attract rich people, and rich people tend ruin any area that they move to.

I also looked east of Harrisburg Pennsylvania because I like the Mennonites, but that area is just not red enough.

I plan to visit the area around Tyler Texas in a few days. Rural Texas is very red and not attractive enough to attract rich people. And it is close enough to Dallas to get anything I need. And there are 2 good Mennonite churches in the area.
Yeah, @fschmidt brought up a good point here about how unfortunately swarms of Californian bolshevik "liberals" are fleeing Commiefornia in droves now that their own f-ing deranged policies have turned it into a complete basketcase woke !@#$hole, and coming up to other more palatable states (especially in the Pacific Northwest) where they almost instantly start whining and instituting policies to turn the invaded states into replicas of the woke hells as they came out from.
I know that's caused lots of friction in Idaho, but whether the rightists there can actually keep them out of there or if it just results in more angry people in yet another bunch of dysfunctional communities on their way down the tubes, hard to say. Oregon is one of the states where they are particularly bad with this: Reading up on what they've done to Portland is almost like bad comedy, and now Bend has gone that way too, among other places.

Also very true about the problems with the rich ones driving up real estate prices to levels unseen since this kind of economic BS in the 2008-9 period. Being rich is great, and there's no micro-iota of Marxist sentiment in me that is against rich people just for having big $$$ (and I might even admire it if they earned their money doing something smart), yet I've heard stories from people in LOTS of pleasant formerly laid-back areas where swarms of nasty entitled wealthy "liberals" (Californians usually being the targets of the greatest justifiable resentment) invade the area, initially just buying up properties, but then also aggressively pushing in large amounts of backseat driving policy making and pushing in new rules and regulations, creating godawful nazi HOAs, and doing other things.
Results in all kinds of messes, I've even seen little old ladies being forced to sell their houses because of invaders coming to the neighborhood and putting in a HOA so expensive on a monthly basis she could no longer survive on her fixed income.

Also, of course, large numbers of the rich and middle-income "liberals" do the predictable thing of going to a more conservative area and saying there aren't enough promotional policies to push faggots and trannies education into the local kindergartens, saying there isn't enough "diversity," saying they want multi-generational locals to get prosecuted for having a confederate flag bumpersticker or whatever, saying there aren't enough gun-grabbing regulations in the local community, saying we need a new set of 20 more local taxes to fund X, Y and Z woke liberal spending program, you get the idea.

The flagrant criminality of the banksters manipulating interest rates and printing vast amounts of currencies is also driving up prices to crazy levels in some markets. It's funny how "narratives" have changed too, since before they just used overt denial that the Fed's bullshit would produce all these kind of problems (and then the crash happened and I recall Janet Yellen actually saying she was "utterly shocked" :wink: ), now a lot more of even fairly mainstream commentators actually say there is a bubble caused by this, and it's just about trying to time it.
Having my little bit of rural land is a good thing to hold onto even if prices collapse disastrously in a crash, but I certainly can't see myself wanting to invest in real estate at these levels, complete with a risk of a crash even bigger than the 2008-9 one, even though it's hard to time when the next crash happens.
Especially in rental real estate, where you're automatically the bad guy even if you're losing money. (I personally never had the stomach for that anyway because I would feel too conflicted about having to evict tenants, but smalltime investors who own rental real estate in times of woke are of often automatically the bad guys according to the bolshevik mob.)

I've heard a thing or two lately about how big corporate entities are also buying !@#$loads of properties, but don't know much about it.

That NWO cockroach Bill Gates is also buying !@#$loads of farmland, something which is potentially a wise investment, but really makes you worry what his agenda is since Gates is so overt about being part of the elite trying to force global mandated vaccinations and experiment on us all like animals.

More on the positive side:

One thing that might be worth looking into as a contrarian option, especially for those with low or modest income, is that I've heard there are some rural areas out in some heavily depopulated communities in certain US states, where in some cases vacant properties are given away for free, and in a few instances there are (or were) even actual $$$ payment incentives offered to get people to go move to certain specific communities. The specific examples I saw featured were extremely rural old fashioned places, but they wanted younger people (perhaps especially young couples) to move there.
I can't remember the exact US states off the top of my head, but I definitely saw a few articles on that a few years ago, and any of you interested in the subject can probably figure it out with an internet search.

I would far rather go abroad, but it's a US-based option worth considering.
Going abroad right at this very moment for those of us with a greater interest in "developing" countries is also a bit iffy until after we see how the crisis develops a bit more, because the money printing and manipulated energy market crisis are causing food riots right now, similar to the Arab Spring period. I think there's a strong chance food crises may get much worse (probably by design, but regardless) due to their potentially multiplying the magnitude of the crisis with all the weird shit they did destroying energy infrastructure (shutting down coal and nuclear plants and botching implementation of a lot of 'green' alternatives) and starting the war in Russia/Ukraine which is a huge area for food and energy production...
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

WilliamSmith wrote:
April 22nd, 2022, 7:08 pm
fschmidt wrote:
April 19th, 2022, 8:01 pm
This is a good topic. When Biden was elected, I thought America would go full communist, but now the Democrats seem to be losing power, so America may be livable after all.

I looked at several options. I visited Coeur d'Alene 2 years ago and it was very nice. But my family went back and told me it changed. Californians are moving there and changing the place. It doesn't sound so good anymore. Real estate doubled in price. I think a downside of any beautiful area like north Idaho is that it can attract rich people, and rich people tend ruin any area that they move to.

I also looked east of Harrisburg Pennsylvania because I like the Mennonites, but that area is just not red enough.

I plan to visit the area around Tyler Texas in a few days. Rural Texas is very red and not attractive enough to attract rich people. And it is close enough to Dallas to get anything I need. And there are 2 good Mennonite churches in the area.
Yeah, @fschmidt brought up a good point here about how unfortunately swarms of Californian bolshevik "liberals" are fleeing Commiefornia in droves now that their own f-ing deranged policies have turned it into a complete basketcase woke !@#$hole, and coming up to other more palatable states (especially in the Pacific Northwest) where they almost instantly start whining and instituting policies to turn the invaded states into replicas of the woke hells as they came out from.
I know that's caused lots of friction in Idaho, but whether the rightists there can actually keep them out of there or if it just results in more angry people in yet another bunch of dysfunctional communities on their way down the tubes, hard to say. Oregon is one of the states where they are particularly bad with this: Reading up on what they've done to Portland is almost like bad comedy, and now Bend has gone that way too, among other places.

Also very true about the problems with the rich ones driving up real estate prices to levels unseen since this kind of economic BS in the 2008-9 period. Being rich is great, and there's no micro-iota of Marxist sentiment in me that is against rich people just for having big $$$ (and I might even admire it if they earned their money doing something smart), yet I've heard stories from people in LOTS of pleasant formerly laid-back areas where swarms of nasty entitled wealthy "liberals" (Californians usually being the targets of the greatest justifiable resentment) invade the area, initially just buying up properties, but then also aggressively pushing in large amounts of backseat driving policy making and pushing in new rules and regulations, creating godawful nazi HOAs, and doing other things.
Results in all kinds of messes, I've even seen little old ladies being forced to sell their houses because of invaders coming to the neighborhood and putting in a HOA so expensive on a monthly basis she could no longer survive on her fixed income.

Also, of course, large numbers of the rich and middle-income "liberals" do the predictable thing of going to a more conservative area and saying there aren't enough promotional policies to push faggots and trannies education into the local kindergartens, saying there isn't enough "diversity," saying they want multi-generational locals to get prosecuted for having a confederate flag bumpersticker or whatever, saying there aren't enough gun-grabbing regulations in the local community, saying we need a new set of 20 more local taxes to fund X, Y and Z woke liberal spending program, you get the idea.

The flagrant criminality of the banksters manipulating interest rates and printing vast amounts of currencies is also driving up prices to crazy levels in some markets. It's funny how "narratives" have changed too, since before they just used overt denial that the Fed's bullshit would produce all these kind of problems (and then the crash happened and I recall Janet Yellen actually saying she was "utterly shocked" :wink: ), now a lot more of even fairly mainstream commentators actually say there is a bubble caused by this, and it's just about trying to time it.
Having my little bit of rural land is a good thing to hold onto even if prices collapse disastrously in a crash, but I certainly can't see myself wanting to invest in real estate at these levels, complete with a risk of a crash even bigger than the 2008-9 one, even though it's hard to time when the next crash happens.
Especially in rental real estate, where you're automatically the bad guy even if you're losing money. (I personally never had the stomach for that anyway because I would feel too conflicted about having to evict tenants, but smalltime investors who own rental real estate in times of woke are of often automatically the bad guys according to the bolshevik mob.)

I've heard a thing or two lately about how big corporate entities are also buying !@#$loads of properties, but don't know much about it.

That NWO cockroach Bill Gates is also buying !@#$loads of farmland, something which is potentially a wise investment, but really makes you worry what his agenda is since Gates is so overt about being part of the elite trying to force global mandated vaccinations and experiment on us all like animals.

More on the positive side:

One thing that might be worth looking into as a contrarian option, especially for those with low or modest income, is that I've heard there are some rural areas out in some heavily depopulated communities in certain US states, where in some cases vacant properties are given away for free, and in a few instances there are (or were) even actual $$$ payment incentives offered to get people to go move to certain specific communities. The specific examples I saw featured were extremely rural old fashioned places, but they wanted younger people (perhaps especially young couples) to move there.
I can't remember the exact US states off the top of my head, but I definitely saw a few articles on that a few years ago, and any of you interested in the subject can probably figure it out with an internet search.

I would far rather go abroad, but it's a US-based option worth considering.
Going abroad right at this very moment for those of us with a greater interest in "developing" countries is also a bit iffy until after we see how the crisis develops a bit more, because the money printing and manipulated energy market crisis are causing food riots right now, similar to the Arab Spring period. I think there's a strong chance food crises may get much worse (probably by design, but regardless) due to their potentially multiplying the magnitude of the crisis with all the weird shit they did destroying energy infrastructure (shutting down coal and nuclear plants and botching implementation of a lot of 'green' alternatives) and starting the war in Russia/Ukraine which is a huge area for food and energy production...
The behavior of woke idiots is so bizarre to me that I just don't understand how anybody can think this way.

My liberal ass state sucks so I'm gonna go to a red state and shit it up with liberal policies. Apparently this has already happened in Colorado. It used to be a red state and so many commiefornians moved there that they turned it into a hardcore blue state. These people never learn anything, you'd think after experiencing the effects of progressive policies that it'd make you realize what a dumb idea they are but nooooo... They instead decide to move to conservative areas and destroy them too.

They are literally parasites.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Outcast9428 wrote:
April 22nd, 2022, 8:30 pm
The behavior of woke idiots is so bizarre to me that I just don't understand how anybody can think this way.

My liberal ass state sucks so I'm gonna go to a red state and shit it up with liberal policies. Apparently this has already happened in Colorado. It used to be a red state and so many commiefornians moved there that they turned it into a hardcore blue state. These people never learn anything, you'd think after experiencing the effects of progressive policies that it'd make you realize what a dumb idea they are but nooooo... They instead decide to move to conservative areas and destroy them too.

They are literally parasites.
Sometimes they're also very overt in stating that they're invading the red state 100% deliberately in order to make them go blue, for national election purposes, for instance. But yes, you're right: They've profoundly hypnotized themselves into a deep ingrained belief that their policies are so aligned with virtue, 'equality' and so on, that they think they're always in the right no matter what the result. Or (very common) they think that their own policies failing disastrously are always someone else's fault because there's someone else to blame as the 'fly in the ointment.'
The latest few generations have been so dumbed down via the marxist and increasingly woke education system and promotion of mob democracy and undisguised bolshevism, some of them basically have the mentality that even if their own policies run everything down the tubes every time in every place, it's all still the fault of 'racists' or 'unvaxxed trumpers' or pretty much anyone else they don't like that might be theoretically dwelling out in the woods somewhere.
A silver lining, though, is that more and more hostile woke libs actually want a national separation via secession or something similar.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Outcast9428 wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 3:57 pm
gsjackson wrote:
MrMan wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I've never been out that way and don't know anything about that one either (but thanks for the contributions), but that rang a bell and I looked it up and found the story I was thinking of:
That fat kike Rob Reiner who is a notoriously aggressive pusher of globohomo started squealing about it back in 2016, LOL:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... na-878278/
On Wednesday, Gov. Pat McCrory (R) of North Carolina signed into law House Bill 2, designed to prevent cities, towns and counties from passing anti-discrimination rules beyond certain standards set by the state. It also requires that bathrooms and locker rooms in public schools and colleges and in government buildings are designated for use only by people based on their biological sex. The law was passed in response to a Charlotte City Council ordinance that would have taken effect April 1 that expanded protections on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity at hotels and restaurants.

A number of companies, such as Dow Chemical, Biogen and PayPal opposed the new law, which also drew criticism from the NCAA.

In an ad sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign, Reiner has lent his voice to the opposition, saying, “I’ve had the pleasure of traveling to North Carolina many times. It is a state filled with kind, good-hearted people who want nothing more but the best for their families, friends, and neighbors. Unfortunately, Governor Pat McCrory and Republican lawmakers have a different vision for North Carolina — one of hate, bigotry, and discrimination. Those aren’t the values of the North Carolina I know, and they’re not the values of this country.”

The director continued, “Until this hateful law is repealed and LGBT North Carolinians are treated with equal dignity they deserve, I will not film another production in North Carolina, and I encourage my colleagues in the entertainment industry to vow to do the same. Enough is enough.”
Apparently the almost unfathomably twisted sick minds of jews can't comprehend why "kind, good-hearted people who want nothing more but the best for their families, friends, and neighbors" might not actually want satanic trannies and jews molesting and raping their children, pushing them into gender change operations, or promoting transgender bathrooms so trannies can commit sexual assaults in schools while jewish principals call the angry fathers of the victims "domestic terrorists."

Anyway, maybe North Carolina still has some potential? :wink:
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

WilliamSmith wrote:
April 23rd, 2022, 1:58 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 3:57 pm
gsjackson wrote:
MrMan wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I've never been out that way and don't know anything about that one either (but thanks for the contributions), but that rang a bell and I looked it up and found the story I was thinking of:
That fat kike Rob Reiner who is a notoriously aggressive pusher of globohomo started squealing about it back in 2016, LOL:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... na-878278/
On Wednesday, Gov. Pat McCrory (R) of North Carolina signed into law House Bill 2, designed to prevent cities, towns and counties from passing anti-discrimination rules beyond certain standards set by the state. It also requires that bathrooms and locker rooms in public schools and colleges and in government buildings are designated for use only by people based on their biological sex. The law was passed in response to a Charlotte City Council ordinance that would have taken effect April 1 that expanded protections on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity at hotels and restaurants.

A number of companies, such as Dow Chemical, Biogen and PayPal opposed the new law, which also drew criticism from the NCAA.

In an ad sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign, Reiner has lent his voice to the opposition, saying, “I’ve had the pleasure of traveling to North Carolina many times. It is a state filled with kind, good-hearted people who want nothing more but the best for their families, friends, and neighbors. Unfortunately, Governor Pat McCrory and Republican lawmakers have a different vision for North Carolina — one of hate, bigotry, and discrimination. Those aren’t the values of the North Carolina I know, and they’re not the values of this country.”

The director continued, “Until this hateful law is repealed and LGBT North Carolinians are treated with equal dignity they deserve, I will not film another production in North Carolina, and I encourage my colleagues in the entertainment industry to vow to do the same. Enough is enough.”
Apparently the almost unfathomably twisted sick minds of jews can't comprehend why "kind, good-hearted people who want nothing more but the best for their families, friends, and neighbors" might not actually want satanic trannies and jews molesting and raping their children, pushing them into gender change operations, or promoting transgender bathrooms so trannies can commit sexual assaults in schools while jewish principals call the angry fathers of the victims "domestic terrorists."

Anyway, maybe North Carolina still has some potential? :wink:
Jews seem to think that “good” and “kind hearted” is equivalent to rolling over and letting them do corrupt and f**k up your culture and your kids. What they want are not good people but rather pushover cowards with no true principles.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

We've all been hearing plenty lately from libs and big brother about how free speech (which might convey objective facts and truths about what jews are up to) is supposedly an intolerable threat to "our democracy," but here's another one for you Virginians: Holding an election may also "subvert democracy" at the local level as well LOL:
Virginia Dems Say Holding An Election For Loudoun School Board This Year Would ‘Subvert Democracy’
https://www.dailywire.com/news/virginia ... -democracy
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

MrMan wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 2:51 pm
I own a bit of rural land (actually with damn scenic views) in a farm area that can be retreated to if the US goes into a total meltdown before I'm able to get myself out of the country, which is I guess about as good as it gets (except that I'd change the state to an even more anti-woke gun-nut state if I could, but it's still not bad).
If it gets really bad, can you grow food there to survive? If the country turns into a desert, maybe you could grow prickly pear cactuses. :)
I'm late on replying to this one, but yeah, what rural land I have could be farmed on for sure.
I learned a little bit of food growing knowhow for fun, and it was really fun, but it was definitely a ton of work and time-consuming.
There's a rural folk magic belief dating back to ancient (pre-medieval) times that doing the hot and heavy with your woman in the middle of your crops enhances the surrounding soil's fertility and crop growth.
For anyone who ends up stuck on rural land in an SHTF scenario, testing that out may well be a shot to boost crop yields in a homegrown food situation. If the desertification scenario you mentioned happened though, I doubt that would reverse the climate damage, though may still help enhance growth rates of prickly pear cactuses.

From memories of related topics that came up earlier in this thread:
It's true you can store food in sealable buckets with air removers, though frankly I haven't validated how well they keep over time. They're still out at my rural place.
But canned food or dried stuff can still last a long time.
A question worth looking into: how long does dried protein powder last if left sealed...
I've used that stuff since my early 20's and it's one of my mainstays for getting enough protein to build muscle, but it's actually also practical for SHTF since it comes vaccum-sealed, and there's as much as 15-20g per scoop depending on the brand, if I remember rightly.

Everyone may already know this, but rice can spoil, by the way, especially brown rice obviously. I once found a pack of brown rice I had in my college apartment completely swarming with some kind of larvae that had hatched in it, even though it was just sitting sealed in plastic on a dry shelf, LOL.

Some people get these pre-prepared meal packs that aren't cheap but I believe have full meals that can last years. Mountainhouse I think one of the main vendors is called.

Last but not least:
Indoor sprouting is another great thing to learn about to have healthy live greens on hand at all times, even if you have no rural land at all. It only takes water, and ideally eventually little bit of natural daylight exposure after the sprouts are starting to put out leaves.
Not sure if bedroom action in close proximity to my sprouters enhances the crop yield or nutritional value though, because sprouts grow so prolifically with little effort that it's difficult to compare without getting scientific (e.g. measuring them with instruments and gathering statistical data on growth rates), and I'd rather put that kind of effort into stock trading.

I also agree with what you said about gold, and very likely lithium longer-term.
I have physical gold and silver that I'll ideally never sell (because I think it's neat, and will pass it on to my descendants if I ever end up with kids), but in actual SHFT scenarios the physical metals would be an obvious readily accepted currency.
Crypto hardware wallets might be worth looking into as well.
I looked into getting an RV, and it cost about $35 a night at some of the cheaper sites to park the thing. With the cost of a motorhome compared to just renting cheap hotels, hotels sound better. In a van, I can put a gas-powered stove. I did see a van with a home window air conditioning unit in it when I was a kid. My parents had a full van set up with a bed made out of a board with heavily padded carpet when I was a kid, but there was no A/C, so it wasn't much fun to use in the southern parts of the US for much of the year. We did use it some and the kids slept on the floor of the van or in one long seat at times when we were traveling. If we'd had an A/C unit like that and parked at RV parks that had electricity, that might have been doable.

If you didn't mind coastal cities, riding around from place to place on a house boat or yacht might be a pretty cool.
For a bachelor, I'd still like the RV/trailer/campervan idea the best. There's actually tons of areas throughout the states in rural areas where boondocking (parking an RV and living there as long as you want on public land) is fully legal. Usually the rule is that you just need to change spots something like every 2 weeks, otherwise boondocking is no problem as long as no obvious illegal foolishness takes place (like throwing garbage all over the place, or setting wildfires, so it's not really an ideal option for libs). There's tons of plainsland or desert you could boondock in, but there's some areas where it's also quite pretty.
Some RV'ers who live in one fulltime go boondock in one area where they like the weather in Spring/Summer, then go 'snowbirding' and go spend the winter in warmer areas.
Even if one had a pretty hot romance with their woman, being packed into a small RV or camper van or trailer with her fulltime might be pretty damned "intimate" though, so better be sure his relations are strong enough to endure even during rocky periods and all moon phases. :D
On the other hand: For those with the $$$ to invest, they make these gigantic trailer things that practically feel like spaceships inside them and are even bigger than the "Class A" bus-sized motorhomes, but need a pretty big and powerful truck to tow them. (What do they call those huge things? There's a special name for them that slipped my mind.) But it wouldn't be so cramped to live in one of those huge trailer things with a woman fulltime.

I actually like the boat idea even more, but that's even harder to maintain than an RV or van, and requires more knowhow and training to not, like... die at sea and everything. :lol:
If I end up doing really well on earnings in the medium-to-longrun, I have that in mind as something to consider if I end up in the Caribbean too. I noticed John McAffee (a guy I have a few things in common with, even if I'm not into drugs) seemed to have a boat, and he and his wife were packing some pretty serious firepower in a photo I saw of them during a romantic voyage, so it might be worth looking into how gun laws work if you live on a boat. I'll have to look into that and update the thread we have on HA somewhere about gun laws by country...
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

WilliamSmith wrote:
May 7th, 2022, 4:37 pm
Everyone may already know this, but rice can spoil, by the way, especially brown rice obviously. I once found a pack of brown rice I had in my college apartment completely swarming with some kind of larvae that had hatched in it, even though it was just sitting sealed in plastic on a dry shelf, LOL.
We had a stash of rice and corn that we had gotten during the COVID-19 thing that got infested by weevils. I didn't spray everything down, but I don't see any now. We use some sealed plastic containers and bought some rice in a thicker plastic bag recently.

I wonder if I could buy more field corn and heat it all up to 140 and kill off weevil eggs that might be in there and then put it in an airtight container. I wouldn't think heating it up would make it less durable.
Last but not least:
Indoor sprouting is another great thing to learn about to have healthy live greens on hand at all times, even if you have no rural land at all. It only takes water, and ideally eventually little bit of natural daylight exposure after the sprouts are starting to put out leaves.
I have a friend who moved away who was an agricultural expert who mixed up a couple of bottles of hydroponic fluid for us, which we used in a hydroponic nursery made of PVC we bought that used a pump. He could make a system using buckets and plungers where you just keep filling a bucket with hydroponic fluid and all the connected buckets keep growing stuff. I used to not care for hydroponics, but he said you could get all the minerals in a regular plant by spraying with kelp oil one time. I figure I could just have some packets of Korean or Japanese seaweed and eat that. Hydroponic greens tasted normal.
Not sure if bedroom action in close proximity to my sprouters enhances the crop yield or nutritional value though, because sprouts grow so prolifically with little effort that it's difficult to compare without getting scientific (e.g. measuring them with instruments and gathering statistical data on growth rates), and I'd rather put that kind of effort into stock trading.
My guess is that it doesn't work, and it is just a line a man uses on his lady for a sexual experience in a different location... or that a woman uses on her man.
For a bachelor, I'd still like the RV/trailer/campervan idea the best. There's actually tons of areas throughout the states in rural areas where boondocking (parking an RV and living there as long as you want on public land) is fully legal. Usually the rule is that you just need to change spots something like every 2 weeks, otherwise boondocking is no problem as long as no obvious illegal foolishness takes place (like throwing garbage all over the place, or setting wildfires, so it's not really an ideal option for libs). There's tons of plainsland or desert you could boondock in, but there's some areas where it's also quite pretty.
Some RV'ers who live in one fulltime go boondock in one area where they like the weather in Spring/Summer, then go 'snowbirding' and go spend the winter in warmer areas.
Even if one had a pretty hot romance with their woman, being packed into a small RV or camper van or trailer with her fulltime might be pretty damned "intimate" though, so better be sure his relations are strong enough to endure even during rocky periods and all moon phases. :D
On the other hand: For those with the $$$ to invest, they make these gigantic trailer things that practically feel like spaceships inside them and are even bigger than the "Class A" bus-sized motorhomes, but need a pretty big and powerful truck to tow them. (What do they call those huge things? There's a special name for them that slipped my mind.) But it wouldn't be so cramped to live in one of those huge trailer things with a woman fulltime.
So how does this boondocking thing work if you want electricity? Do you keep burning gas in a genset? Can solar panels produce enough electricity for the RV? Do you boondock until you fill up the brown water tank and then drive it to a sewage plant to dump it, then drive back?
I actually like the boat idea even more, but that's even harder to maintain than an RV or van, and requires more knowhow and training to not, like... die at sea and everything. :lol:
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

There's no plan because the system actively working against you.

You cannot win if the system is set up for you to lose. This goes all the way from the education system where boys are discriminated against in favor of making the class more female friendly. To marriage where if you marry a American, or Anglosphere women she can divorce and it'll be your fault. You'll be hooked with both alimony and child support. This is like asking an average person from a 3rd world country how can you become rich, despite, all the crimes, poverty and corruption? The truth is that you can't. Unless you leave and start somewhere easier.

The Best strategy for American men who want to succeed in dating or marriage is to learn a foreign language, start doing small trips to LATM or Eastern Europe and start gaining confidence in yourself. You'll see sex is not a big deal and the relationships are neither.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
May 9th, 2022, 9:49 am
There's no plan because the system actively working against you.

You cannot win if the system is set up for you to lose. This goes all the way from the education system where boys are discriminated against in favor of making the class more female friendly. To marriage where if you marry a American, or Anglosphere women she can divorce and it'll be your fault. You'll be hooked with both alimony and child support. This is like asking an average person from a 3rd world country how can you become rich, despite, all the crimes, poverty and corruption? The truth is that you can't. Unless you leave and start somewhere easier.

The Best strategy for American men who want to succeed in dating or marriage is to learn a foreign language, start doing small trips to LATM or Eastern Europe and start gaining confidence in yourself. You'll see sex is not a big deal and the relationships are neither.
Most of this thread is more about the most tolerable areas to be if you do have to stay in the USSA and don't have the choice to go abroad yet (or are doing some of both in my case), and how to position yourself (self employment, asset protection, location), all of which I'm doing pretty good with even though I'd rather be overseas permanently without having to periodically come back to the US.
I personally was never thinking about American women as part of the topic. (I still don't think they're as bad as most MGTOW obviously does, but admittedly I don't mind hot single moms and/or tattoos, piercing, and chubby chicks as long as the curves are mostly in the right places, so that certainly helps widen my selection vs the crowd who wants only hot virgins no older than 25, LOL).
I'm never arguing that it's better to be Happier Abroad though! Go for it guys! No need to stay here endlessly complaining about American women when you can be in some nice country with lower living costs, better healthier food, friendlier people and culture, and nice foreign women's legs waving in the air overseas! :D
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

MrMan wrote:
May 9th, 2022, 9:32 am
So how does this boondocking thing work if you want electricity? Do you keep burning gas in a genset? Can solar panels produce enough electricity for the RV? Do you boondock until you fill up the brown water tank and then drive it to a sewage plant to dump it, then drive back?
There's a lot of types of fancy onboard power systems some RVs have but I think the most common for people who are power-hogs is to have big gas-powered generators. That's for people who want to use lots of electricity, A/C, appliances, etc. On the big rigs I believe those usually tap into the RV's large fuel tanks, to avoid dangers of having to transport big gas tanks.

I myself use solar panels when doing this, and deep cycle batteries, but would boondock in a small rig only and mostly want to keep computer and internet devices powered for business.
In case anyone likes that idea: You can get a power inverter to connect to a deep cycle battery system, and then plug normal wall outlets into those. It's pretty easy once you get used to it.
But people with bigger rigs can also get more expensive fancy setups with big rooftop panels and much bigger battery packs than I've ever used.
Also, not my area of expertise but there are actually bicycle-powered generators if you really had to rough it or were isolated quite awhile, though I don't think they produce that much without a ton of cycling... :D

Propane tank heaters are common, also propane stoves.

Re: blackwater tanks: Yeah, what you said that they can drive out periodically to a disposal site (which they usually have at campgrounds and truck stops catering to RV'ers), but also there's written rules by the BLM (Bureau of Land Management, not Bolsheviks Lives Matter) and other land bureaus that will allow you to bury up to some limited quantity of waste without penalties, if I remember rightly (though don't take my word for it).
Just dumping your tanks in the boondocks is indeed illegal and not appreciated. :mrgreen: