Brazil Is the New America?

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Brazil Is the New America?

Post by Maker55 »

Brazil Is the New America: How Brazil Offers Upward Mobility in a Collapsing World

As the future of the American economy seems to get bleaker by the day, it is tempting to look abroad for business opportunities. Europe and Asia don't provide much hope, but what about somewhere that's both closer to home and sunny year-round? In Brazil is the New America: How Brazil Offers Upward Mobility in a Collapsing World, James D. Davidson shows that the current financial situation in Brazil is a haven for those looking to make money in a world in turmoil.

With a population just 62 percent the size of that of the US, Brazil has added 15,023,633 jobs over the past eight years, while the US has lost millions. In a world burdened by bankrupt governments and aging populations, Brazil is solvent, with two people of working age for every dependent. In a world of "Peak Oil" Brazil is energy independent, with 70 billion barrels of oil, 60% of the world's unused arable land, and 15% of its fresh water. Comparatively non-leveraged—and with significant room for growth and expansion, as well as vast natural resources, Brazil is a haven of opportunity.

You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Brazil Is the New America?

Post by Jester »

Maker55 wrote:Brazil Is the New America: How Brazil Offers Upward Mobility in a Collapsing World

As the future of the American economy seems to get bleaker by the day, it is tempting to look abroad for business opportunities. Europe and Asia don't provide much hope, but what about somewhere that's both closer to home and sunny year-round? In Brazil is the New America: How Brazil Offers Upward Mobility in a Collapsing World, James D. Davidson shows that the current financial situation in Brazil is a haven for those looking to make money in a world in turmoil.

With a population just 62 percent the size of that of the US, Brazil has added 15,023,633 jobs over the past eight years, while the US has lost millions. In a world burdened by bankrupt governments and aging populations, Brazil is solvent, with two people of working age for every dependent. In a world of "Peak Oil" Brazil is energy independent, with 70 billion barrels of oil, 60% of the world's unused arable land, and 15% of its fresh water. Comparatively non-leveraged—and with significant room for growth and expansion, as well as vast natural resources, Brazil is a haven of opportunity.

My youngest son graduates in May. He is fluent in Spanish, and is taking intensive Portuguese this year. (His brothers and I pushed him to do the Portuguese.) Every time I talk to him I urge him to get some resumes out to companies in Brazil.

I see it as a young man's country.

I'll take a look at that book, maybe share it with him.

Thanks for your post.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I think that Brazil has a lot of growing to go, but I think that it is going in the right direction. I think the key between Brazil and some other countries, such as the Philippines and others is that they allow foreign investment. IF they can streamline their government, I think they can make a total go of it. I think as time goes on, Washington will get worst, so the next best alternatives may look shocking, at least compared to the freedom we have had in America in the past.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Yes, Brazil's economy is booming right now.

Brazil, Russia, India and China(BRIC) have agreed to stop using dollars to trade between themselves. Another thing they have in common is that they are buying tons on Gold and Silver in preparation for the coming dollar collapse.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Well, it looks like the Euro will also give up the ghost in the near future.

Emerging economies – including Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) – are dumping the euro....
http://rt.com/business/eu-banking-crisi ... brics-141/
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
america sucks
Freshman Poster

Post by america sucks »

Last edited by america sucks on March 26th, 2014, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

What about all the working visas plus the general attitude to foreigners who want to work in Brazil/live in Brazil?

The Russians have money now. So do Arabs. America has credit. Asians have the girls.

Man, how do we quilt all of those?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Maker55 wrote:Brazil Is the New America: How Brazil Offers Upward Mobility in a Collapsing World

Brazil, Chile and Colombia are countries of opportunity. That should also be true of Venezuela, with the world's largest oil reserves, but thanks to the late Hugo Chavez, it is a basket case instead.

"Peak Oil" did not work out as the author theorized. Demand is declining in the US and proven reserves are rapidly expanding, with the US on a path to energy independence in about 10 years. The US is already the largest exporter of fuels in the world.
Western Europe is not at all in that position, and they are also facing the sharpest demographic collapse. Those positives only serve to temper huge negatives for the US in terms of idiotic levels of debt, increasing power centralization accelerated greatly by Obama, and net job losses.

For now, the next year will have opportunity for traders to short the Euro/dollar trading pair- that is, to bet against the Euro relative to the dollar.

Outwest
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

And now, with the Real at 5.45, this is no longer new America.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!