Leaving GoDaddy

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Leaving GoDaddy

Post by fschmidt »

Winston, I see that you use godaddy as your domain server. Godaddy supported SOPA wouldn't hesitate to shut down your site if the government complained. For this reason, I moved my site to Internet.bs which is located in the Bahamas, and so is free of the increasingly fascist American government. I suggest you consider a similar move.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Come on that's paranoid. I don't think I can get such cheap deals on web hosting if I move to a non-US server.

Why would the US government care about this site? The US government, like all governments, don't really care what you do as long as you don't get in its way, pose a threat to powerful people, or make too many big waves. There are tons of websites with taboo content. The government isn't going to take them all down. They don't have time to deal with small players. There is no glory in taking down little fishes, only big ones. Remember that government agencies play politics, not justice or ethics. There is no political gain in taking down small fishes, only in taking down big ones.

They'd take down Alex Jones and David Icke's sites first before looking at this one.

If this website was being viewed by millions of people, then the government would keep a bigger watch on this site. But it isn't. It's only viewed regularly by a niche crowd.

Besides, there is nothing illegal on here. Global dating is a taboo topic, but not one that threatens a government or power elite.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The one real taboo subject with real consequences is sex with underage children. Touch that, and expect the cops on your back.

As for dissident web sites, you can put most of them together and they'd still be inferior to Justin Bieber's public influence potential.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Leaving GoDaddy

Post by OutWest »

fschmidt wrote:Winston, I see that you use godaddy as your domain server. Godaddy supported SOPA wouldn't hesitate to shut down your site if the government complained. For this reason, I moved my site to Internet.bs which is located in the Bahamas, and so is free of the increasingly fascist American government. I suggest you consider a similar move.
I am not sure what good using them will do, as their servers are in the USA. Their server location is listed as "Clifton, USA".Is there a similar registrar with no servers in the USA? Might be good to know...

Outwest
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

OutWest wrote:I am not sure what good using them [Internet.bs] will do, as their servers are in the USA. Their server location is listed as "Clifton, USA".
Where did you find this?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@fschmidt the hosting plans on your webhost offer way too little hosting space. Why? Even the highest plan has very little space.

https://internetbs.net/en/domain-name-r ... sting.html
ULTIMATE PLAN

Unlimited Parked Domains

7.5GB Web space (SSD)

35GB Monthly Bandwidth

Unlimited Email Accounts

USD $20.39/MONTH
*BILLED ANNUALLY
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne