1. Your gold valuation method clearly does not work in the secondary markets so why do u stand by it or use it to imply a sell or not buy timing recommendations? And how much gold will you sell me now based on 'your method'?momopi wrote:
1. My valuation on gold is based on the cost of extraction, processing, and retail premium. I work in an industry that deals with international customers in mining and energy extraction. Higher retail prices means that the more expensive extraction sites become economically profitable, such as the Canadian oil sands. This method does not work on gemstones, and for RE my valuation is based on rental income and cash flow.
2. As I've already stated, I do not believe in supernatural souls or meaningful existence after death. There is no need to debate on the subject, you'll simply find out when you die, and you don't have a choice in this matter. In the mean time, I encourage young adults to expand their experiences by visiting, traveling, working, and living abroad. Discussions on gold and souls does not contribute much to the topic of visiting, traveling, working, and living abroad.
3. Today at work we had our Thanksgiving pot luck. We have a diverse workforce, our CSR team only has 1 person who is monolingual, the rest speaks at least 2 or more languages. We were encouraged to bring foods of various nationalities. While everyone was lining up for the pot luck buffet, we used the flat screen TV on the wall to show photos from abroad. We have girls from Sweden, Finland, and Quebec show us photos from their home countries (though the presentation was lacking), members of my team showed photos from Vietnam, and I showed photos of my travels in TW & other parts of Asia.
Our development team hires many young college grads from local University, and I encourage them to take their vacations abroad to see the world instead of a weekend in Temecula or San Francisco. They're at a stage in their life when they're young, slim, healthy, & single with decent disposable income ($70k-$80k+/year) and can easily afford to take these trips. There are many special travel deals that are only open to young adults, such as Contiki Holidays, and discounts for museums and travel abroad. It'd be shame to not take advantage of them while they still qualified.
Do stocks trade strictly according to the higher of book value or some theoretical formula such as Capital Asset Pricing Method as logic might seem to suggest? Are real estate market values always driven by rental income and cash flow? U must know there are other drivers depending on the market and supply and demand conditions. Some of the most profitable real estate investment opportunities from a few years ago (like several multi-baggers) are ones which would have looked very bad on a rental income or cashflow basis.
2. It's good that u encourage 'youngsters' to go abroad. It makes a lot of sense for them. But HA is not limited to the under 25 or under 30 crowd. It can work wonders in the lives of about anyone healthy including those well into their senior years! It's not like life has to end at some number. Much depends on the spirit and will of the individual. How many people have I heard of who were told by doctors they would never walk, play sports, etc. who later proved the experts 100% wrong.
3. I'll leave u alone on the spiritual suggestions. As u say, we will find out at physical death.