Should the mobile theme be the default forum theme?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should the mobile theme be the default forum theme, and the Prosilver blue theme be the alternate?

Yes. The mobile theme looks more modern and contemporary. Use it as the default theme, and the Prosilver blue theme as the alternate theme.
25%
No. I prefer the Prosilver blue theme as the default theme. Don't change it. It's fine as it is.
75%
Either one is fine. I don't care.
No votes

Total votes: 4
Winston
Site Admin

Should the mobile theme be the default forum theme?

Post by Winston »

Everyone,
I was thinking, since the mobile theme of the forum looks more contemporary and modern, like Rooshv's forum and others, should we use the mobile theme as the default theme, and the Prosilver blue theme (which is usually the default desktop theme) as the alternate theme? Here is what the mobile theme looks like:

index.php?style=21

What do you all think? Cast your vote in the poll above. Doesn't the mobile theme look more simple and modern? The problem with the default Prosilver blue theme is that some people think it looks outdated, like a forum theme from the 1990s or early 2000s. And phpbb is way behind other forum developers, like mybb and Xenforo, in developing modern looking themes. So using the mobile theme as the default may make this place look more modern and attract more people. What do you think? Cast your vote above.

Btw, to see what this topic page looks like in the mobile theme, click here: viewtopic.php?style=21&f=33&t=42500

Thanks,
Admin
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Should the mobile theme be the default forum theme?

Post by Winston »

I've just set the mobile theme as the default theme for now, to let you guys preview it and let me know what you think. Hope you guys like it? Doesn't it look more modern and contemporary and mobile friendly too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

No the new theme is wimpy and disgusting. If I wanted the roosh forum I would go to the roosh forum, go back to how it was and find even more retro themes to draw in people who have nostalgia for 2000s and 90s forums. Focus on speed and minimalism and boxy pre-windows xp appeal, not bloat.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why is the mobile theme wimpy and disgusting? Isn't it modern and contemporary and clean and white? Like Office Depot or Office Max? lol. How can it be bad looking? Can you explain? Aren't white and blue the ideal colors and most universal? Facebook has these colors too. It's the most universally appealing theme.

Regardless, let's try it out for a few days and see what people think. If any of you don't like it, you can always click the "Prosilver Theme" at the top of the forum under the banner. I just put it there for people who want off this theme now and don't even wanna give it a try. lol

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Dark theme is down. Too bright.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 5:28 pm
Dark theme is down. Too bright.
The dark theme still works. Click the link to it at the top of the forum. I just added it there. You can also set the dark theme as your default theme in your UCP. Go to UCP and select Board Preferences and change your default theme.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 5:19 pm
Isn't it modern and contemporary and clean and white? Like Office Depot or Office Max? lol. How can it be bad looking? Can you explain?
Ya the forum now looks like the diaper aisle at a CVS pharmacy but how is that good. And we don't want this place to remind us of Facebook and the other ugly soulless corporate environments we came here to get away from.
Winston wrote:
Regardless, let's try it out for a few days and see what people think.
A wimpy theme means we will attract wimps and repel the kind of interesting old timers we want.
Winston wrote:
you can always click the "Prosilver Theme" at the top
Thanks but it doesn't do anything yet, neither does the dark theme link.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The new theme is horrible on the eyes with the red lettering. Please go back the old theme.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok the Dark theme and Prosilver theme should work now. I removed the "override user default setting" for board themes so your board theme preferences should work now. Try again. You can also select your default theme in your UCP under "Board Preferences". There are three themes to choose from - Prosilver, Elegance and Black.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, for those of you who prefer the profiles and avatars to be on the left side of the forum topic pages, keep in mind that in the Elegance/Mobile theme has the profiles and avatars on the left side, whereas the Prosilver blue theme has them on the right side. Just something to consider.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm
You can also select your default theme in your UCP under "Board Preferences". There are three themes to choose from - Prosilver, Elegance and Black.
It goes back to the elegance diaper theme when I click on some links like a topic in Latest 100 threads. And it's worse when I log out and browse as a guest, then it keeps going back to elegance for all links and when I switch to the original two it doesn't refresh the page it redirects me back to the homepage which then forces me to return back to the page I was looking at which loads up as elegance again.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:13 am
Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm
You can also select your default theme in your UCP under "Board Preferences". There are three themes to choose from - Prosilver, Elegance and Black.
It goes back to the elegance diaper theme when I click on some links like a topic in Latest 100 threads. And it's worse when I log out and browse as a guest, then it keeps going back to elegance for all links and when I switch to the original two it doesn't refresh the page it redirects me back to the homepage which then forces me to return back to the page I was looking at which loads up as elegance again.
Of course. Because Elegance is the default theme. You can override it if you set Prosilver theme as your Board Preference under the UCP. Did you try that? If you do, then Prosilver will be your default theme when you click normal links without the style tag in them. Try here:

ucp.php?i=571

Of course, if you browse as a guest you will only see the Elegance theme since I set that as the default theme for new users and guests.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:06 pm
Of course, if you browse as a guest you will only see the Elegance theme since I set that as the default theme for new users and guests.
Elegance looks disgusting. If you're trying to impress mobile users who come across HA and prosilver is too outdated then find something with the modern features that resembles the original more, something retro looking to set as the default.

Think about the first impression of visitors :!: Why would we want to look the same. We don't want them to think this is another unoriginal manosphere or alt-right forum. This forum predates all that and Roosh regularly stole thoughts and info from this forum and used them to get views and make money but never the other way around. So why would you start to follow his lead now. We don't need the Google+ look, you will push away intelligent men and attract only drooling 25 year olds who don't remember life before the smart phone.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But HappyGuy, that's your opinion only, not fact. We don't know what the majority think. Let's try it for a while and see. Keeping modern and contemporary is important. Everyone knows that. It's part of life. You gotta keep up with the times. Besides, this dirty white color is clean and neat and easy on the eyes, not like that bright blue theme. Did you set your Board Preferences yet in your UCP? Let me know if you have trouble doing it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If anyone wants to browse themes for phpbb to see what's available, see the links below.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... r/demo/3.2
(select different styles using the button at the top)