Never say this online 'if you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again, no-one would care'

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Never say this online 'if you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again, no-one would care'

Post by mattyman »

Moderation

Never say this on any forum, blog, video comment, anywhere online;
If you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again, no one would care
I had that in a reply. That's not acceptable behaviour.

The original
No one gives a crap whether you listen to our advice or not. You're an anonymous internet account that might be a bot for all we know. If you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again, no one would care. People in forums mostly seek to help themselves, by being challenged by opposing views, being forced to defend their own views and organize their thoughts into written form, etc. Whether anyone real actually reads what we write hardly matters.
I wouldn't allow comments like this; 'If you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again no-one would care'. NEVER say such horrible things. Whether thoughtlessness or malice. Not acceptable. You wouldn't like it, especially if you were lonely. Don't criticize me of anonymity, you won't be able to say it if you weren't anonymous yourself. hypocrite.

Clearly I'm not a bot. No-one wants that said, no-one wants to be on the receiving end, no justification.

NEVER say stuff like this online. Achieves nothing and could have serious mental health consequences (not with me).

Never say;
You will regret it, someone could say the same to you in your darkest hour. How would you like it?

THINK!
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Never say this online 'if you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again, no-one would care'

Post by yick »

It's true.

Nobody knows who you are - who are you?

You're an anonymous poster on an internet forum - and you actually took out the context in the title but left in the context in the post - as we don't know who you are, you could be a bot, this forum is plagued with bots so why should we care if we never heard from you again?

Of course, there are people in your life who love you and would be very distraught if you left the world in the future but you're nothing to me nor @Shemp why should any of us give a shit about you?

Do you care about what happens to any of us? Course you don't! And why should you?

You have everything in your power to change your life but you refuse to do it, if you don't have mental health problems and you aren't in a wheelchair I don't see what's stopping you? What's stopping you from going abroad and living your life?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: Never say this online 'if you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again, no-one would care'

Post by Shemp »

mattyman wrote:
August 25th, 2021, 8:51 pm
NEVER say stuff like this online. Achieves nothing and could have serious mental health consequences (not with me).
Who are you to be barking out orders? You remind me of the 12yo girls itty-bitty-titty committee from middle school, laying down the law as to what's hot and what's not.
mattyman wrote:
THINK!
Can't disagree with that. Do you follow that advice?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

mattyman wrote:
Moderation

The original
No one gives a crap whether you listen to our advice or not. You're an anonymous internet account that might be a bot for all we know. If you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again, no one would care. People in forums mostly seek to help themselves, by being challenged by opposing views, being forced to defend their own views and organize their thoughts into written form, etc. Whether anyone real actually reads what we write hardly matters.
I wouldn't allow comments like this; 'If you dropped dead tomorrow and never posted again no-one would care'. NEVER say such horrible things. Whether thoughtlessness or malice. Not acceptable. You wouldn't like it, especially if you were lonely. Don't criticize me of anonymity, you won't be able to say it if you weren't anonymous yourself. hypocrite.

Clearly I'm not a bot. No-one wants that said, no-one wants to be on the receiving end, no justification.

Never say;
You will regret it, someone could say the same to you in your darkest hour. How would you like it?

THINK!
No one on the forum would care, it's true. And if you have no wife, girlfriend, children, people dear and fond to you, close to you, near to you... who really will care, besides maybe a parent? The world just keeps spinning. And your body will rot. And before the maggots eat the last little particle of flesh off your bones, you'll be completely and utterly forgotten. And so will I, for that matter. Just a little later because I've fathered quite a few children, entered quite a few romantic entanglements, left my mark on the world in some ways. People will remember me a bit longer... but one day, the last of my descendants to have actively met me and have memories of me will die, too, and it'll be almost as if I never walked the earth. And this is the fate of us all.

So one day we die. And all those we know die. And all those who meant something to us die. And then, all those who come after die. The earth dies. Life on earth dies long before the earth dies. The universe, too, might just collapse on itself. Who knows? I'm not Nostradamus. I'm not a scientist. We try to find a little bit of meaning in life. Some of us succeed. Some of us fail. Ultimately we're all just sort of fooling ourselves. And some just fool themselves more successfully than others, which is why I'm reasonably comfortable for the time being.

Don't rely on this forum, or any other online community full of strangers, to pat you on the back and give you validation. It's not what this place is for. And if you expect it, need it even, all you will get out of your forum experience is disappointment.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

mattyman wrote:
Moderation
Sounds rather oversensitive and exaggerated to me. I am not a psychiatrist and I don't care what unknown people reply to me on this or other forums.

I received comments in the past which were by far worse - death wishes, threats to visit me in Japan and to beat me up, comments like 'a white father who creates half-breeds with Asian women deserves a beer bottle over his head', abusive comments against my wife and daughters (should be raped, butt-ugly, whores...etc.) Why should I care?

Who really cares why an anonymous poster does not login anymore? Dead or alive, who knows who this person is?

There have been plenty of members totally seen of course with this forum, they signed up, made some comments and disappeared again. Coming and going.

Some of them are coming back - often after years - but the majority does not and what remains are only a few regular members, the hard core, which write comments over many years.

Only a very few people here are willing to meet other members personally and reveal their identity, I met 2 people so far. Nice talk, but contact did not continue and both of them are not posting in this HA-forum anymore. I have no idea where they are now.