Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should the forum theme be rotated every few days to keep the forum interesting?

Yes! Rotating the theme keeps the forum interesting and stimulating, and gives us a new surprise every time we come here!
29%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLUE and WHITE themes as the default and leave it that way.
43%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLACK or DARK background themes as the default and leave it that way.
29%
Do what you want. It doesn't really matter to me.
No votes

Total votes: 7
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post by jamesbond »

This blue water background is horrible on the eyes and causes eye strain. Please get rid of it ASAP or at least give us the option of going back to old theme which is much easier on the eyes.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:49 am
The Blue Turtle at the top is larger than the Happier Abroad heading.
I could remove the Blue Turtle logo, but I left it there of course because it fits better with this theme. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 1:25 pm
This blue water background is horrible on the eyes and causes eye strain. Please get rid of it ASAP or at least give us the option of going back to old theme which is much easier on the eyes.
Don't worry. We will switch to the next specialty theme soon. If I left the option for you to not see these cool new themes, then what would be the point of rotating them to give you guys some variety? lol. Be a good sport and try to enjoy it. Try to enjoy the beauty and variety of these things. They have personality after all. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here now is the 1996 theme. Isn't it rad? Doesn't it make you feel like you're in outer space or a planetarium or looking at the night sky on a clear starry night? lol

@MrMan isn't this dark starry theme easy and pleasant on the eyes? lol

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Today this forum background looks terrible. Really difficult to read.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Yohan wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:03 pm
I agree but in general I like this starry theme more than the green and black palm theme. It might be better if the boxes had a fill to make the text and posts easier to read instead of being transparent.
Last edited by Light on May 23rd, 2020, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
I agree. It is distracting, looks primitive and generally sucks. It is also anachronistic. There is a time and place for everything, and the time for themes like this was back in the 90s.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

I think a better idea would be to allow each user to select whatever theme they want for their individual profile but keep the standard theme as the default unless the user selects something else for their own profile. Special holidays could have that theme for everyone like you always do for Halloween and some other holidays.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:12 pm
Yohan wrote:
I agree. It is distracting, looks primitive and generally sucks. It is also anachronistic. There is a time and place for everything, and the time for themes like this was back in the 90s.
Why use the term "anachronistic"? Why not a more positive and cool sounding word like "retro"? Lol. Of course it looks somewhat "anachronistic", it's supposed to since the theme is called 1996. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Light wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:44 pm
I think a better idea would be to allow each user to select whatever theme they want for their individual profile but keep the standard theme as the default unless the user selects something else for their own profile. Special holidays could have that theme for everyone like you always do for Halloween and some other holidays.
Agree. That's the best solution. We will eventually do that. But for now, we are just having fun showing different themes and rotating them for variety and to spice things up. Lighten up man. lol

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Cornfed wrote:
looks primitive and generally sucks.
Primitive? It's got Blast Processing.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 11:26 pm
Cornfed wrote:
looks primitive and generally sucks.
Primitive? It's got Blast Processing.
Admit it - you are just trolling Winston at the point, aren't you?
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Winston wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:54 pm
Light wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:44 pm
Agree. That's the best solution. We will eventually do that. But for now, we are just having fun showing different themes and rotating them for variety and to spice things up. Lighten up man. lol
I just thought I would make a friendly suggestion because this was posted in the Suggestion area of the forum but I'm fine with whatever. One of my favorite themes was the turtle ocean theme but I also like the starry theme.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

@Cornfed Winston will dominate cyber space.
marc88
Freshman Poster

Post by marc88 »

crazy, although it is possible