Require Forum Contributors to be Verified

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Require Forum Contributors to be Verified

Post by MarcosZeitola »

In May 2014, I joined this forum. I proposed almost immediately some sort of action be taken against rampant trolls. This to "save" the forum. We're now eight years into the future. And I realized something... Happierabroad IS the trolls. The trolls make up most of this place. This is a community full of the worst-of-the-worst online misfits who managed to get banned pretty much elsewhere. Complete basket cases, for the most part.

And sure there's a few sensible people out there. But the basket cases reign supreme. They always have. Even Winston himself is quite a... unique fellow. It's only when compared to some of the weirder members that Winston looks almost sane and wholesome.

HappierAbroad is like a patient who got stabbed in the heart with a knife; still moving, still talking, not much can be done to save him. You can pull out the knife, he dies right away. Leave it in and he'll live a little longer. Either way, he's dead.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 2:09 am
This is why I suggested in the Señor Galimatías thread that we all form a vigilante group within the forum consisting of members who post serious contributions and posts of substance. It can be in the form of a thread with the same title. The basic idea is, since there is a perceived lack of interest on the part of Winston, that instead of relying on him to deal with trolls we just vote and if there is a majority we all just place said trolls in our foe list, which is essentially just like putting them on ignore. They will be relegated to sort of spectral onlooker whose comments cannot be seen by the majority of main posters. What do you guys think to the Vigilante Ghosting idea?

@kangarunner
@Lucas88
@WilliamSmith
@Tsar
@Outcast9428
@MrMan
@Cornfed
@gsjackson
@WanderingProtagonist

You guys tagged are who I interact with the most. But what do you think?
Like Zola said most of the forum are trolls. They get instaband in most forums. So you look for trolls you look into the mirror :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 2:55 am
In May 2014, I joined this forum. I proposed almost immediately some sort of action be taken against rampant trolls. This to "save" the forum. We're now eight years into the future. And I realized something... Happierabroad IS the trolls. The trolls make up most of this place. This is a community full of the worst-of-the-worst online misfits who managed to get banned pretty much elsewhere. Complete basket cases, for the most part.

And sure there's a few sensible people out there. But the basket cases reign supreme. They always have. Even Winston himself is quite a... unique fellow. It's only when compared to some of the weirder members that Winston looks almost sane and wholesome.

HappierAbroad is like a patient who got stabbed in the heart with a knife; still moving, still talking, not much can be done to save him. You can pull out the knife, he dies right away. Leave it in and he'll live a little longer. Either way, he's dead.
That is a bit of overreaction. I would say HA is like the weird comics in men in black. Somewhere in the garbage is a hidden gem.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 4:09 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
This is why I suggested in the Señor Galimatías thread that we all form a vigilante group within the forum consisting of members who post serious contributions and posts of substance. It can be in the form of a thread with the same title. The basic idea is, since there is a perceived lack of interest on the part of Winston, that instead of relying on him to deal with trolls we just vote and if there is a majority we all just place said trolls in our foe list, which is essentially just like putting them on ignore. They will be relegated to sort of spectral onlooker whose comments cannot be seen by the majority of main posters. What do you guys think to the Vigilante Ghosting idea?

@kangarunner
@Lucas88
@WilliamSmith
@Tsar
@Outcast9428
@MrMan
@Cornfed
@gsjackson
@WanderingProtagonist

Like Zola said most of the forum are trolls. They get instaband in most forums. So you look for trolls you look into the mirror :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There are those who engage in intellectual discussions about various topics. Some people express opinions which are not tolerated by the mainstream or the countless mindless drones who moderate sites like Reddit which has just become pockets of echo chambers who ban anyone with a contrary opinion.

There are plenty of people on this forum with whom I disagree with on various topics, but I still enjoy having the discussion with them. Then there are others who just seem to be disruptive and who seek to just derail threads. This is the basis for our problem with you in the first place. Plus fact everyone knows you were using the account Galileo, another troll. :roll:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 4:56 am
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@kangarunner
@Lucas88
@WilliamSmith
@Tsar
@Outcast9428
@MrMan
@Cornfed
@gsjackson
@WanderingProtagonist

There are those who engage in intellectual discussions about various topics. Some people express opinions which are not tolerated by the mainstream or the countless mindless drones who moderate sites like Reddit which has just become pockets of echo chambers who ban anyone with a contrary opinion.

There are plenty of people on this forum with whom I disagree with on various topics, but I still enjoy having the discussion with them. Then there are others who just seem to be disruptive and who seek to just derail threads. This is the basis for our problem with you in the first place. Plus fact everyone knows you were using the account Galileo, another troll. :roll:
First you do not belong into this forum. You do not plan to go abroad. So you are the troll. Second I was not Galileo. Your own stupidity and paranoia makes you a troll without even knowing. You are a newbie. You do not know what is going on but you are too stupid to figure it out.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Here let us have some fun

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

I don’t really get who counts as a troll other then Spencer right now? You need more then just controversial opinions to be a troll.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 5:53 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@kangarunner
@Lucas88
@WilliamSmith
@Tsar
@Outcast9428
@MrMan
@Cornfed
@gsjackson
@WanderingProtagonist

First you do not belong into this forum. You do not plan to go abroad. So you are the troll. Second I was not Galileo. Your own stupidity and paranoia makes you a troll without even knowing. You are a newbie. You do not know what is going on but you are too stupid to figure it out.
How do you know what I do and do not intend to do? What I intend to do is none of your business. Your response is precisely why I think idiots like you and human beings can't coexist peacefully. You're a troll, not to be taken seriously. You're just someone who should be universally ignored and treated with scorn. :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 7:32 am
galii wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 5:53 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
galii wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@kangarunner
@Lucas88
@WilliamSmith
@Tsar
@Outcast9428
@MrMan
@Cornfed
@gsjackson
@WanderingProtagonist

How do you know what I do and do not intend to do? What I intend to do is none of your business. Your response is precisely why I think idiots like you and human beings can't coexist peacefully. You're a troll, not to be taken seriously. You're just someone who should be universally ignored and treated with scorn. :lol:
You can't handle the truth. Pixilott,
I know a bit of you. You are busy playing 'valuable' videogames but you think Flat Earth is a reasonable theory but you did not have the time to research it. You want to believe your own lie that I am Galileo. You are dickriding Lukashenko even you know he is wrong. Brasilien women are more ugly and Russian is more ugly. But you can't handle the truth :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Well, I don't like ignore, because people can talk smack about you and other people can read it, but you can't.