Keeping threads on topic

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Keeping threads on topic

Post by Jackal »

Winston,

I was thinking that even if you want to let the content of your site be very free, you might want to moderate a bit more at least to keep the threads on topic.

If people want to get into pointless arguments, there is the "rants and raves" section for that. It's annoying to open a thread with an interesting title only to find it to be in the middle of a "You're stupid!" " No, you're stupid!" " No, you're stupid!"... argument. It's like walking into a f***ing fourth grade classroom.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sometimes I do split up threads that get really off topic. But I can't do that for every one of them.

Human nature is unpredictable and hard to control anyway.

You can always post something to try to get the thread back on topic or raise another question about it.

Would you like to be a moderator and split up threads as needed?

I don't have a lot of help on these things.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Winston wrote: Would you like to be a moderator and split up threads as needed?

I don't have a lot of help on these things.
Thanks for the offer, but no, I don't want to be a moderator. I don't want to spend that much time writing and reading English on the internet.

I think I might not post here for a while because I want to try to think and write more in Hungarian.