Do you prefer to eat pork or beef?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you prefer to eat pork or beef?

Post by Cornfed »

Tsar wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 7:31 am
I'm neutral on the subject. I prefer beef, but the evil global economy wants me to eat pork. The Bible wanted pastoralists, like my recent ancestors. Satan requires sedantists, and that, as an intermediary stage before we start eating bugs, requires pork. I have no problem with pork.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I also have no special preference, I come from a country without Hindu not eating beef, and without Muslims not eating pork...
People in Central Europe are eating both, and other meat too, like chicken, but also duck, deer, boars sometimes, and also I eat some kind of fish, like salmon, tuna, trout, carp, eel etc. regardless if the fish is from sea or river/ponds...
However I do not like seafood like crabs or shrimps etc.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I have a preference for pork but like beef. I like most meats apart from liver and I like most fish!
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

A good cut of beef over pork any day. Especially the fatty cuts of beef. I really salivate on those.

Although a good smoked ham with scalloped potatoes add mustard and a side of peas with butter hits the spot.

Why are there only two choices here? What about lamb, chicken, fish? I remember ordering fish from a seaside restaurant in the Caribbean. I don't remember the kind but they brought a whole fish to the table including the head and tail. That fish was amazing. It must have been just freshly caught.

Also, I like donair and souvlaki meat which consists of a mix of beef, chicken or lamb.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

TruthSeeker wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 9:41 am
A good cut of beef over pork any day. Especially the fatty cuts of beef. I really salivate on those.

Although a good smoked ham with scalloped potatoes add mustard and a side of peas with butter hits the spot.

Why are there only two choices here? What about lamb, chicken, fish? I remember ordering fish from a seaside restaurant in the Caribbean. I don't remember the kind but they brought a whole fish to the table including the head and tail. That fish was amazing. It must have been just freshly caught.

Also, I like donair and souvlaki meat which consists of a mix of beef, chicken or lamb.
Beef and pork are the most farmed and consumed red meats in the world.

I much prefer lamb, fish, and chicken. Rabbit is good. A good cut of duck if prepared well. Wild caught salmon is great. Crab meat is very nice. Shellfish can be good too.

It is difficult for anyone to farm pork badly because it naturally has a sweet flavor. Even pigs fed a not so great diet would have a naturally sweet flavor. I can eat it anywhere because it is difficult for it to not have a good flavor.

Beef in the US is typically bland and flavorless unless it is spiced, marinated, or has barbeque sauce. However, barbeque sauce in the US typically has GMO high fructose corn syrup. Beef in the US is typically bland and flavorless because it's from factory farmed animals fed GMO corn.

Pasture fed cows have meat with a richer flavor. It doesn't even need to be flavored if someone just wants to eat the meat to enjoy the natural taste. Some salt could be good on plain meat like a steak because salt doesn't really change the flavor, it really only adds to the taste.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 7:31 am
Beef.

If I had my druthers and if everything cost the same, I'd prefer grass fed Angus beef.