Shampoo is a Lie (?)

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Shampoo is a Lie (?)

Post by TruthSeeker »

This guy says you shouldn't shampoo your hair. What he says makes a lot of sense.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Re: Shampoo is a Lie (?)

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I'm sure he's on to something with no shampooing.
I think many people would realize the same thing as he has if they tried it.
I would try it, but I just got a 1 liter bottle of anti dandruff shampoo.

The issues I have would be would my dandruff return?
I have used anti dandruff shampoo for years and it works.
It might not return, but if it did I would have to start shampooing again.
I also cut my own hair, and always wash it before cutting.
Hair sticks up and is much fuller after washing it and drying it, so it cuts much better.
I'm now going to try only washing my hair before I cut it, which is every 2 to 3 weeks.
I hope my dandruff doesn't return.
I wash it 2x a week now but many do it every day, which is probably way too much and possibly contributes to hair loss in men.
Most men should probably reduce washing to every other day, and then every 3 days and then 2x a week and see what happens.
It might be easier for men with usually short hair, but for women with long hair, it might not work out the same way.
Convincing women not to wash or use conditioner will be very hard.

I stopped washing my face several year ago.
I don't put any cleanser on it and only use benzoyl peroxide to control my oily skin and it works.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

@Will N. Dowd Anti dandruff shampoo can also cause male pattern baldness. I would look into that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

TruthSeeker wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 2:18 pm
@Will N. Dowd Anti dandruff shampoo can also cause male pattern baldness. I would look into that.
So what is the solution to dandruff then?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

TruthSeeker wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 7:43 am
This guy says you shouldn't shampoo your hair. What he says makes a lot of sense.

Thought provoking video. Does he not wash his hair at all, or does he just rinse it with water?

What about soap for our bodies? I suspect there have been many cultures where people washed just with water, or maybe with naturally occurring soda. I heard the Romans would put oil on their bodies and scrape it off. Maybe chalk, too. My memory is fuzzy on that.

Deodorant is another one. Our ancestors probably walked around with stinky pits, but they were used to it. That's a hard one to get used to if you live in a world where stinky armpits aren't ubiquitous. And maybe our food with all the meat makes us stink more. I don't think most Indonesians use deodorant, and most do not stink. Aluminum in antiperspirant clogs the pores and keeps them from producing sweat. But it is not supposed to be good for you, and there might be a link between that and breast cancer for women. There are natural deodorants, also.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

@Cornfed Maybe dandruff is not a problem that requires a solution. Dandruff is our bodies shedding dead skin (scalp). What's the problem with a few flakes on your shoulder? Anyone who makes an issue with that is shallow.

To me shampoo is just an expensive form of liquid soap. I think I am going to wash my hair with chemical cleaners, what's left of it less frequently.