Winston, you're fat because you're vegetarian

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here Dr. Mercola explains how to find your nutrition type.

http://www.mercola.com/nutritionplan/index.htm

According to this, not everyone is cut out to be a vegetarian. Some people are protein types and others are carb types. Could it be that I'm a protein type and therefore I got fat being a vegetarian? Dr. Mercola says that only one third of people do well on a vegetarian diet.

Here is a video where Dr. Mercola explains this.

I have a theory. Since I'm very intense and passionate, and most vegetarians are liberal hippies who care more about world peace than about getting hot chicks, perhaps I am different from them and don't do well on vegetarian diets?

Maybe people who are very passionate and have strong emotions are more of the protein type? I say this because most vegetarians I've met are not very passionate or intense. They tend to lean toward political correctness and ecological issues rather than sexual hunger and passion like I do. What do you think?
Last edited by Winston on September 19th, 2014, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

This dude's a vegetarian (actually he might even be vegan.) He seems fairly passionate to me.

I try to eat semi-vegetarian and eat mostly according to the McDougall diet principles. Very high carbs, very low fat, moderate protein. Seems to work, I'm leaner than I've ever been in my life and strongest and most athletic, with the lowest resting heart rate I've had, too.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... l-program/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

An interesting story about how a vegetarian went back to eating meat.

How to Stop Being a Vegetarian: Eating Meat Again

http://hubpages.com/hub/HowtoStopBeingaVegetarian
My Experience

I became a vegetarian in my early teens for ethical and practical reasons. I couldn’t eat a hamburger without thinking about cows. When I saw the veins in a piece of chicken I couldn’t help but think that I was eating muscles. The though of it disgusted me and the sensation of the textures on my tongue repulsed my appetite. After biting into an undercooked hamburger one day, I gave up meat on the spot. I didn’t want to eat food that had once walked around.

I was a lacto-ova-vegetarian meaning I ate dairy and eggs, but no meat, fish, or chicken. In my early twenties I began having problems controlling my blood sugar. I am cursed with a high susceptibility to diabetes thanks to the genes my mother gave me. Eating vegetarian I had a tendency to eat too many breads, starches, and carbs, especially whenever I ate with a group. The body converts that type of food into sugar. Then dairy and eggs started to irritate my stomach, so I had to cut back on them.

After about 15 years of being a vegetarian, I felt like my body was falling apart. I was so tired and drained all the time. I had no energy. Every time I went to the doctor, I had something else wrong with me. First it was blood sugar, then it was thyroid, then dangerously low vitamin D, then I started having acid reflux and laryngitis from that. My stomach hurt nearly every day and I was having headaches. Next thing I knew, I had developed food allergies and had constant sinus infections.

Finally, I had had enough. I was destroying my health. All of these health issues were leaving me with too few meal choices and putting me on the road to becoming a full-fledged diabetic. I didn't want to be unhealthy for the rest of my life trying to live up to an ideal that obviously wasn't working for me. I decided it would be better for me if I could have more meal options that would help keep my blood sugar balanced and broaden my food choices that were limited by allergies. I decided to eat meat.

It was probably the hardest decision I ever made. I agonized over it for probably a year before I finally decided to go back to meat.

I loved Krystal burgers when I ate meat, so I decided that my first meat meal would be a Krystal. I ate just one. The first bite was the hardest. It took me a good five minutes before I ate the first nibble. I kept putting the burger to mouth and then moving it away. After that bite it became a little easier. And each time I ate meat after that, it got easier still.

The hardest part was telling others that I am not a full vegetarian anymore. It was big news when it first happened. Then it got old and everybody forgot about it. Now people know that I am a vegetarian in recovery. I eat mostly vegetarian but have an occasional piece of meat when my body needs it.

There is a new term "flexitarian" that definitely applies to me. Basically it means I am a semi-vegetarian. I eat mainly vegetarian still, but I supplement my diet with meat when I feel like it. I eat meat about once a week or every couple of weeks now.

I had digestive problems after eating meat maybe the first five or ten times I tried. Mainly, I think it was just stress related digestive trouble because I was so nervous and felt guilty about it. Now, I can eat it without problems. What works for me is not thinking about the food. I keep myself distracted while I eat.

Reintegrating meat has given me more options. I don’t have to be as cautious when eating out. I’m focusing on eating balanced meals rather than trying to stick to a certain diet. I have a wider range of food choices. I still have health problems, but they are getting better and better. I have more energy and I don't feel much guilt anymore. If I were meant to eat as a total vegetarian, then why would I feel so much better now?

I feel healthier eating meat. I still recommend the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle to anyone who can eat that way and maintain their health. I think it is an ideal way of life. I just don't think everyone can eat that way and stay healthy long-term.

If your diet is making you feel bad and sick all the time, why do that to yourself? Make some changes. For some that may mean eating meat again. For others, it may mean readjusting and balancing your diet. Everyone should be free to eat what their body needs to feel good and run right.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's an informative article about why vegan diets are a bad idea. What do you think?

Top 5 Reasons Why Vegan Diets Are a Terrible Idea
http://authoritynutrition.com/top-5-rea ... ible-idea/

Here is an article by Dr. Mercola about how being vegan almost killed Angelina Jolie and why vegetarianism isn't for everyone because everyone's diet needs are different. There is no one size fits all diet.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... d-her.aspx

This Psychology Today article says that 3 out of 4 vegetarians go back to eating meat again.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ani ... ating-meat
Last edited by Winston on September 19th, 2014, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I'm wondering if I should quit being a vegetarian. Here are the reasons to consider doing so:

- Ever since I became a vegetarian in 1990, I've gained weight and lost muscle mass. I used to be stronger and believe it or not, was able to beat most guys my age in arm wrestling (when I was a teen). It may be that due to lack of protein, I felt less full and so ate more carbs in the form of rice, bread, cheese, cookies, cakes, pasta, popcorn, etc. which cause more weight gain.

- I felt more sluggish and had less energy after I became a vegetarian. It was hard to exercise and work out because I had no endurance. Maybe it was due to lack of protein?

- I think girls found me more attractive when I ate meat and flirted with me more. When you eat meat, you have more testosterone and seem more complete. As a vegetarian, you probably give off a different vibe or have less testosterone and thus aren't as attractive to women.

However, on the other hand, there are drawbacks to consider:

- Not all vegetarians are fat and sluggish. Many are thin and healthy too. So perhaps I am not doing it right or eating too many carbs? If so, could it be my fault rather than the vegetarian diet's fault?

How are other vegetarians who are thin and healthy getting enough proteins? Can proteins in eggs and beans compensate for protein in meat?

- Many endurance runners, even in the Olympics, are vegetarians, so there must be benefits to it.

- By eating meat, I would compromise my morals against the killing of animals. That may affect my conscience. And it may bring me back karma too.

- When I stopped eating meat in 1990, my mind and consciousness became a lot clearer. And my spiritual awareness level increased and expanded as well. That's how I became a good writer. Before that, I could not write at all and had nothing to say in writing and had no opinions. I was just a follower who was trying to follow and fit in somewhere.

So, if I go back to eating meat, my mind and awareness level may decrease and I may not be as good of a writer anymore.

- My mental health improved after I stopped eating meat too. I had better control over my mind and did not sink into depression and my OCD symptoms did not control me as much. Perhaps this is because my karma improved after not eating meat. What this means is that eating meat again may result in lower mental health again, as well as bad karma.

- Also if you haven't eaten meat for many years, how can you start again? Won't it make your stomach sick to even try?

What do you all think?
I posted the above questions in the Happy Cow vegetarian forum. Here are the responses I got. What do you think? These people seem very biased toward veganism and assume that it's right for everyone. Isn't that a fallacy since there is no one size fits all when it comes to nutrition and diet?

http://www.happycow.net/forum/vegetaria ... php?id=797

Also, get this. The medical establishment says that needing protein is a myth. lol

http://www.pcrm.org/search/?cid=251

And this says that vegan men have more testosterone than meat eaters. WTF?

http://nutritionfacts.org/2013/02/12/le ... tosterone/

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Vegetarianism is based on religion, but they are now trying to promote it as being something healthy. The Vegans are even more extreme and their real motivation is an animal rights agenda. They know you won't care about their agenda unless they convince you it is unhealthy to eat meat. These people have infiltrated the scientific community and are distorting research and creating false evidence that meat is dangerous for people. This is where you have to use your common sense. People have been eating meat as long as there have been people. Don't eat meat at your own risk. And yes you are more likely to be fat as a veggie because it takes more calories to get the same amount of protein, and furthermore carbohydrates are addictive since they enter the blood as simple sugars and don't satisfy hunger like meat and fat. I eat meat with fat and I am also my correct weight. If I were a veggie I would be fat too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody,
Yeah but why is the establishment promoting vegetarianism? Aren't there lobbyists from the meat industry paying off Congressmen and Senators?

Is the mainstream media promoting vegetarianism too? I don't notice that they are.

Most of the health experts I read said that you can be healthy eating meat as long as you eat organic meat from grass fed cows on the free range, and not processed meat from factory farms.

What if I keep my vegetarian diet but stop eating grains and wheat? Would that solve the weight problem?

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Winston wrote:MrPeabody,
Yeah but why is the establishment promoting vegetarianism? Aren't there lobbyists from the meat industry paying off Congressmen and Senators?

Is the mainstream media promoting vegetarianism too? I don't notice that they are.

Most of the health experts I read said that you can be healthy eating meat as long as you eat organic meat from grass fed cows on the free range, and not processed meat from factory farms.

What if I keep my vegetarian diet but stop eating grains and wheat? Would that solve the weight problem?
I can't recommend a diet because I'm not a vegetarian. They do seem to have pull and the fanaticism needed to expand their beliefs. After all, they convinced Clinton to become a vegan.
International Love
Freshman Poster

Post by International Love »

i doubt you will be able to sustain that diet long term.
International Love
Freshman Poster

Post by International Love »

hehe, winston, you just need to start doing something. you are doing too much research. how about just cut out white bread (and keep eating whole wheat and stone ground wheat)?

i do not think you should cut out rice. brown and white rice should be acceptable. if you cut out grains completely, your diet will be unsustainable in the long term. think about how hard it will be if you go out to eat. what would you pick?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston they know how much trouble humanity is in so they are starting to push less meat, we should all be going vegetarian to try and save the planet. I did it for 4 months and it made me fat as hell because without meat I was a total carb cheese pasta freak and I can live on that but it put way to much weight on me so I stopped.

After I studied the mass extinction I went Veg but it did not last. I have come to the conclusion it's the only way to save the environment and it's probably to late even at that.

They are finding out now controlling stocks in all these corporations are owned by the banks world wide, they do not care about money they have unlimited money via counterfeiting. This is all a illusion to make you believe there are free and open markets operating here and there are not. It took them a long time to capture most of the power centers world wide with this con.
Time to Hide!
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

I don't put any stock in Mercola.

I am curious, Winston. Have you tried a regular weight training regimen?
Let's get together and feel alright.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Diet and exercise, I know it's hard but you just have to have the mental attitude you want to look good for doin some stalk'en. :P
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote:

I can't recommend a diet because I'm not a vegetarian. They do seem to have pull and the fanaticism needed to expand their beliefs. After all, they convinced Clinton to become a vegan.
I think I know why the establishment is encouraging vegetarianism. It's because not eating meat lowers testosterone and raises estrogen. Their agenda is to feminize men and masculinize women. They do this because they want America to be androgynous society where there is no distinction between men and women. It's really sick. But that might be why they would be pro-vegetarianism.

Also, vegetarianism and animal rights is popular with liberals, and in America you are not allowed to be anti-liberal. So they've had to go along with it to appease them.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I think I may know why I've been feeling weak and tired all the time and can't concentrate or focus on getting out of America.

I read many reports by ex-vegetarians who said that being vegetarian too long made them drowsy, tired all the time, messed up their concentration, gave them headaches and increased their weight. That's what happened to me too. So perhaps me being vegetarian is depriving me of nutrition I need to function. Maybe that's why I have trouble concentrating or focusing and lack willpower.

All the best health experts I read said that being a 100 percent vegetarian or vegan is NOT optimal for health. And that the best diet consists of at least some meat and fish once in a while (healthy organic meat and fish that is, not factory farmed).

Dr. Mercola, one of the most knowledge doctors, said that everyone has a different nutritional type. In his experience, only 1/3 of people can be 100 percent vegetarians long term. The other 1/3 have high protein bodies that need high amounts of meat and fish. They cannot be vegetarian even for a while. Angelie Jolie is an example of this. She said that she almost died when she tried to be a vegan. (See the link below) And the other 1/3 is a mix of the two types.

I'm probably that third type that's somewhere in the middle. My body cannot sustain being vegetarian or vegan long term, or else I'll have health problems. That's why I am fat and have high blood pressure. An Indian friend of mine (Rock's former tenant Monkro) experienced the same, so he had to quit being a vegetarian. This means that I gotta quit being a 100 percent vegetarian and start eating at least a little meat and fish. When I do, I should have more energy and willpower.

See what Dr. Mercola said about this here:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... d-her.aspx

What he says is very informative. Psychology Today says that 3 out of 4 vegetarians have to quit the diet after a while.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ani ... ating-meat

The thing is, we all make the MAJOR FALLACY that what's true for us is true for everyone else. We have all been guilty of that at some time. For example, atheists assume that because they don't need God or religion to be happy, that everyone else should not either. And Christians assume that because Christianity made them happy and whole, that everyone else ought to become Christian too. But that's not true. See what I mean?

Likewise, many vegans will assume that if it works for them, then everyone can be vegan. But that's not true because not everyone is the same nutritional type. See what I mean? Read Dr. Mercola's article above. Hope you guys learn to not make that fallacy too.