How can Winston improve facial skin and blemishes?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi, look! Even ABC News says that I'm right about facial moisturizers. It says that they actually make your skin drier so you have to use more of it, and that it contains UNTESTED ingredients too. And it says that using oils on your face such as olive oil or grapeseed oil is better for your skin, like Renata said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SkinCare/t ... d=18629073

By EMILY MAIN
Rodale.com

March 3, 2013

The season for dry, flaky skin is upon us. But before you reach for that bottle of lotion, consider this: Some ingredients in moisturizers can actually make your skin drier, interfering with the barrier on your skin that prevents moisture from dissipating.

"Skin creams can actually increase signs of aging," says David Pollock, a beauty-product developer turned consumer advocate and author of the book Just Stop the Lies! Secrets the Beauty Industry Doesn't Want You to Know. Emulsifiers, binding agents that allow oil and water to mix in moisturizers and lotions, leave a residue on the skin that disrupts your skin's lipid barrier, allowing water to evaporate from the skin faster. "You get a fast shot of moisture that eventually fades," he says. So you use more lotion, and your skin gets drier, and the cycle just continues.

Not only does that expose you to dozens of unregulated and untested chemicals that are ingredients in lotions, but it's costing you money, too. The cure? Look no further than your kitchen cabinet. The very same oils you use for cooking are some of the best moisturizers for dry skin—much more effective than expensive lotions and creams at just pennies an ounce, says Deborah Niemann, author of the new book Ecothrifty: Cheaper, Greener Choices for a Happier, Healthier Life and the blog The Thrifty Homesteader. It's one of the most amazing beauty tricks you may have never heard about. "You can go all out and use something exotic, and it's still going to cost you pennies," she says.

Cold Weather Skincare Fixes

PHOTO: Olive oil can be used as a moisturizer for dry skin.

But not all vegetable oils are good for your skin, she warns. Some can actually dry your skin out, while others, such as canola, corn, and "vegetable" oils, are likely derived from genetically modified crops that have been sprayed with heavy doses of harmful pesticides. To keep your skin soft (and pesticide free), here are the four best moisturizers for dry skin that Niemann recommends:

Grapeseed Oil

A by-product of wine-making, grapeseed oil comes from the seeds of pressed grapes and, says Niemann, is reputed to work as well as over-the-counter creams that cost hundreds of dollars per bottle. Many holistic beauty care experts consider it the best oil for skin, regardless of your skin type. "It's especially good for thin skin around your eyes and neck," she says, and can even reduce fine lines. Not only that, but grapeseed oil is also high in vitamin C, which brightens your skin.

Olive Oil

This is a great oil if you have really dry skin—there's a reason Mediterranean women have used it as a moisturizer for centuries. It provides intense moisture, Niemann says, and the rich antioxidants that make it so good for your insides benefit your outsides, too, fighting free radicals created by exposure to sunlight.

Sunflower Oil

Just as good as olive oil, Niemann says, but a little less expensive. In addition to being a good moisturizer, she adds, it makes for a good massage oil because it's thinner and more slippery than some of the other cooking oils you can use. It also absorbs into the skin more quickly.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Yes that's why there are so many Moisterisers on the market because none of them work!

Damaged skin can repair. The effects are reversable.
> Draw a warm bath, as much heat as you can take, then soak in the warm bathtub for 10 minutes.
> Get out & pat yourself dry with a towel for 10 seconds then apply Coconut oil / Olive oil / Coco butter / Shea butter / Grape seed oil generously.
> Or have someone apply the oil generously :wink: Any of those oils will do, you can even create your own mix.
> Rub in the oils well.
> Then have a steamy shower, just water no soaps.
The heat & steam will open your pores & all the oil will get in to moiserise your skin. There are 7 layer of skin.

All the ancient practices have been ignored & thrown away. Shamanic medicine is the best medicine, it's supressed & touted as alternative medicine but it's the real deal. We can learn alot for our ancestors.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

viewtopic.php?p=140083#140083

Why are you cross-posting on your own forum? If two threads are following the same discussion, merge them or close one and direct to the other.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
I just discovered something simple. I think all these facial cleansers are unnecessary and troublesome. When I use a good quality bar of soap on my face, my facial skin feels just as good and smooth. Many good quality soaps have good ingredients for your skin that will help soften it too. It's a much simpler solution than trying to mess with facial cleansers.

Also, I don't have much oily skin, unless I'm indoors too much. As long as I'm outdoors a lot, it's not a problem it seems.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
johnponting74
Freshman Poster

Post by johnponting74 »

I use brown stick sugar mixed with fresh freshly squeezed orange juice as a body clean, that's really great for exfoliation. Yes fresh freshly squeezed orange juice does reduce your skin, but it can't take away freckles. it works well to get rid of tan lines. I do this once or twice a week.
Our dentist in Cancun provide superior quality dental care at affordable prices. Our highly trained bilingual Cancun dentist have extensive experience
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How can Winston improve facial skin and blemishes?

Post by Winston »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Winston wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 1:55 pm
Apparently there are some ways a dermotologist can remove acne scars.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/acne/rem ... scars.aspx

Which one is best? Should I go to a dermotologist and ask?

Here are some ways to treat acne:

https://www.self.com/story/common-acne-treatments

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and ... -treatment

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/191530

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/adult-acne-treatments
Yes, dermatology’s are very cheap maybe $100 for 10 minutes
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do these devices on ebay for your face work? What do they do? Are they worth it? How come they are only marketed to women? They look very fancy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152969090020

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124828595464

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114862947194

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

These sounds claim to create morphic energy fields that will increase the symmetry of your face.

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I think Winston would solve most if not all of his health issues and problems with weight, low energy, lack of motivation, skin, all of it... if he got a checkup at a doctor, general checkup. I think Winston, your testosterone levels may be a bit on the low side, which could be a side effect of age, weight gain, diet, lifestyle choices. If you boost that most of your issues will disappear and you may feel reborn.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 19th, 2021, 3:09 am
I think Winston would solve most if not all of his health issues and problems with weight, low energy, lack of motivation, skin, all of it... if he got a checkup at a doctor, general checkup. I think Winston, your testosterone levels may be a bit on the low side, which could be a side effect of age, weight gain, diet, lifestyle choices. If you boost that most of your issues will disappear and you may feel reborn.
I got a check up many times in Taiwan with my health insurance. My blood sugar is a little high and so is my blood pressure. Other than that, everything is fine. My liver is fine now too because I take lots of good supplements that help it. I explained all that before remember?

The testosterone thing is a bit pseudoscience. Every doctor I talk to laughs at me when I bring it up. They said if you still feel horny then your testosterone is fine.

I never said I had low energy or motivation. That's a myth that someone invented. Why do you fall for it? My problem is that in Taiwan or America all my confidence is gone because the vibe is super repressed and I'm not allowed to be myself or even exist. It's hard to explain in words. You have to experience it to know what I mean. Once that happens, it destroys my energy and makes me feel like a loser and not allowed to do anything. So it's the dark vibe in the culture that is the problem, not my physical energy. The proof of that is this: In Angeles City I can walk for hours with no problem. Ask Alex. He's seen it. In China and Russia and Thailand too, I can walk for hours with excitement and enthusiasm without getting tired and easily recuperate when tired. So it's all about location, not health. As long as I am happy I am not low in energy.

However, I've never been naturally fit or athletic. Even as a teen I could not play ball sports like other people could. Maybe because of aspergers? But I've always been super logical like Spock though. Maybe that's due to aspergers?

I can play decent tennis though but only because of lots of practice. I was never naturally athletic or coordinated with ball sports. I've only been good at swimming or karate, things that don't involve balls.