How can Winston improve facial skin and blemishes?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:Here is an article at AskMen.com about exfoliating your skin. I didn't know you were supposed to do this.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashionti ... dvice.html

Question: Do Asian men need to shave? Or is that only something that white men do because they have a beard? I have facial hair in my moustache area and a little under the chin, but that's it.

Also, why go through the trouble of shaving cream and razors, when you can just use a $20 electric razor to shave off your facial hair?
I have a lot of facial hair and it tends to be thick and coarse so I can get a closer shave with a razor than I can with an electric. Plus with an electric you have to train the hair to grow out a certain way with each particular electric razor you buy, which for some people is easier than others. I tried using an electric as a teen since my father liked using one but it never got close to the skin and left stubble here and there. When I was in the Navy I was forced to have to use a razor, plus go against the grain just to get a smooth face, but many times during inspection the officers STILL though I didn't shave cause my skin is so pale white and my hair dark black. Muster time for me was not one of the better times of the day, I can tell you that. Now half of my beard is turning white so it's not as much of an issue cause it's not noticeable if I have stubble, but I still use a regular razor cause it just gets a better overall shave.

I happen to be visiting the states and have bought various beauty supplies that are difficult to find in Philippines. You may want to check out some of these Edgar Cayce inspired products and see if you can find any with similar ingredients in Taiwan. Pine Tar soap is supposed to be good for your skin, I bought some of that but I was able to find another brand cheaper than on this particular website. Olive oil soap is also good. Check out the stuff on this website then compare elsewhere:

http://www.baar.com/
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

Crush up vitamin C and mix it with a good moisturizing lotion. It works.
If you use apple cider vinegar for anything, make sure its the braggs stuff with the mother. The processed kind won't do shit.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question: I've been using a really good facial wash product made by a French company called Loose Mag, which is distributed all over Taiwan in Carrefour malls. It's been great in that it softens and smooths my skin better than the cheap facial washes do. I also use moisturizing gel afterward.

However, there is one big problem. For some reason, I keep getting outbreaks of pimples. It's as if my skin is overreacting to it. Why does this happen? What can I do about it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:Question: I've been using a really good facial wash product made by a French company called Loose Mag, which is distributed all over Taiwan in Carrefour malls. It's been great in that it softens and smooths my skin better than the cheap facial washes do. I also use moisturizing gel afterward.

However, there is one big problem. For some reason, I keep getting outbreaks of pimples. It's as if my skin is overreacting to it. Why does this happen? What can I do about it?
Often times facial acne is a sign that your lymph nodes are clogged and your body is having a difficult time eliminating waste. As a last ditch effort, your body tries to purge the waste thru the pores in your skin. Creams only fight the symptom and will do nothing for the original problem.

Here's a great video! I started taking manjistha and my face started clearing up within a week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jf3OCI-440. You'll get quite a few tips but if you don't feel like watching the entire vid, he starts talking about things that detoxify your blood at the 5:18 mark!

Here's another article on manjistha...

http://www.hsphealth.com/blog/2012/04/9 ... z2IRcPEGXe
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Question: I've been using a really good facial wash product made by a French company called Loose Mag, which is distributed all over Taiwan in Carrefour malls. It's been great in that it softens and smooths my skin better than the cheap facial washes do. I also use moisturizing gel afterward.
Switch to a different brand of facial wash and see what happens. You already know I recommend Kiehls, but everyone's facial skin is different so what works for one person doesn't always work for another.

I'd also suggest signing up to a local gym with sauna room. Sauna's are great for opening those skin pores.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Questions:

- No matter what type of facial cleanser I use, I still keep getting pimples and acne. After they disappear, they reappear again in another area of my face. What can I do about them?

Why do I still have acne problems? I thought only teenagers had them. What is the cause of this? Is it genetic or due to something I eat?

Btw the facial cleanser I use is a really good product from Taiwan. When Dianne tried it, she stopped using her Olay cleanser and started using mine. lol

- Are you supposed to use the facial moisturizer at night too, after you wash your face? Or only in the day after you wash your face? Since you are going to sleep, is it necessary?

Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Questions:
- No matter what type of facial cleanser I use, I still keep getting pimples and acne. After they disappear, they reappear again in another area of my face. What can I do about them?
Why do I still have acne problems? I thought only teenagers had them. What is the cause of this? Is it genetic or due to something I eat?
Btw the facial cleanser I use is a really good product from Taiwan. When Dianne tried it, she stopped using her Olay cleanser and started using mine. lol
- Are you supposed to use the facial moisturizer at night too, after you wash your face? Or only in the day after you wash your face? Since you are going to sleep, is it necessary?
Thanks.
When you arrive in Vegas, sign up with a local gym/spa and try using the sauna/steam room. See if that helps with the acne.

If it makes the acne worse, stop using the sauna, and apply clean towel soaked in cold water to your face after you take hot shower every day.
Zero_Tolerance_Man
Freshman Poster

Post by Zero_Tolerance_Man »

I had Fraxel restore laser done 5 times and Juviderm and it made my skin super smooth. It was expensive but worth it. No more acne scars.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I had microderm abrasion done 4 times and it took all of the lines off my forehead and made me look years younger. It only cost about $60 a treatment and there's no down time.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

I would not recommend a dermatologist because they will not cure you they just give temporary fixes. Do a liver cleanse and go to a herbalist they will cure you from the inside out.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just got a bar of carrot soap. It claims to have anti-aging and antioxidant qualities. I wonder if that's true. It got me curious, so I decided to try it out. I'll let you know if it helps. lol

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Carrots are good & high in anti-oxidants .. never came across carrot soap .. does it smell like carrot? or purfumes?

I do many things to my skin for different results & reasons ... one thing I reccomend is exfoliating. For my face I use dry herbs with a few drops of cocnut oil. All herbs have anti-fungal & ani-bacterial fighting agents in them as does coconut oil too. I mix it & scrub my face well with it then immdeiately take a warm to hot bath, ... steam makes your pores open so all the good stuff & oil gets well into my skin. That's an Ayurvedic skin care secret. I do the same thing with my body but I add brown sugar & lemon to the mix.

I moisterise with coco butter, shea butter, & coconut oil. I never use creams or lotions because they are packed with chemicals ... Your skin is permeable. When you apply them to your skin it's absorbed. Where does it go? What effect do the chemicals have internlly? I don't know, so I stick to what I know is good & natural.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well the carrot soap has worked well. It's made my skin look whiter and more vibrant, and helped reduce my acne as well. Dianne told me that her sister uses it too and has gotten rid of her acne with it, which is true because last time I saw her, her face no longer had acne outbreaks on it. However, Dianne says that carrot soap doesn't work for everyone, it depends on how compatible your skin is with it. I don't know if there is carrot soap in the US though. But it's popular in the Philippines. Maybe if you go to a specialty beauty store in the US, you can find it. If not, you can order it online I'm sure.

Also, after being back in the US, my skin and face has improved due to the fresh air and lack of humidity. I now look younger again, like I did before I left the US in 2006. So that's a good thing. I think my skin is not compatible with Asia (esp SE Asia) because the heat and humidity combined make me look terrible, sluggish and tired, which makes me look older. My skin is more compatible with the US. I look better here and younger too, much more like my normal self. Also, the carrot soap I'm using on my face that I got in the Philippines has helped my skin look better and smoother too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

As I said earlier, the carrot soap has helped my facial skin a lot and made it look and feel better. I don't know if you can get carrot soap in the stores in the US, but I found a site that sells it online. They sell facial cleansers, moisturizers, and other face and body care products with carrots. They also offer products with tomatoes and other fruits. Tomatoes are supposed to be really good for your skin too. Here is the site:

http://www.yestocarrots.com

The Yes to Carrots products are also available on Amazon.com for the same prices. There are many raving reviews there for them.

You can also try http://www.soap.com

So if you have acne problems or just want to improve your facial skin and look, try them out. They aren't that expensive and they seem to work really great.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Last week, a friend of mine told me that sunscreen and moisturizer are actually unnecessary and do more harm than good. She said that they actually CAUSE skin cancer rather than prevent it, which is why so many Americans have it nowadays, even though they use sunblock or sunscreen. She also said that the chemicals used in most moisturizing creams are bad for your skin.

I always felt this way too, since the Oil of Olay moisturizing cream I put on my face feels so sticky and uncomfortable on my skin, and made my skin feel like it can't breathe. So I found it odd that so many people were recommending it, including skin care professionals. I also have started having frequent pimple outbreaks after using facial moisturizing cream. Once I stopped using facial creams, the acne stopped as well.

Gee thanks Momopi, for recommending this standard skin care regiment that caused me so many acne problems, which I didn't have before. (sarcastic tone) Thanks for believing everything the skin care industry tells us without question or critical thought. :P. I hope that now, you realize the downsides of what you were told, and its potential harmful effects and bad chemicals.

Now let's look at some basic logic here:

- Humans have been fine without sunscreen and facial moisturizers for thousands of years, without having any skin cancer problems. So why the hell is it a necessity nowadays when it wasn't for thousands of years? This logic fallacy is huge and not addressed by the skin care industry.

- How is it that humans began having skin cancer when sunblock was invented, but they didn't have it before? That should speak volumes right there.

- Humans have evolved under the sun for millions of years, so why is the sun now a dangerous thing that you have to protect against with sunscreen? The sun is the source of life and provides vitamin D for your skin. The worse it can do to you is give you a sunburn or dehydrate you. A sunburn is like a chemical peel, and not harmful at all. Kids get it all the time. It's not lethal.

- How come the blacks in Africa who don't use sunscreen don't get skin cancer, but black Americans who do use sunscreen get skin cancer? That right there speaks volumes.

Anyway, my facial skin has been a lot better since I stopped putting moisturizing cream on it, and using organic soap without bad chemicals on it. People like Momopi would say that I was using the wrong moisturizer and that I should keep trying others until my acne outbreaks stop. But come on, get real. There are thousands of facial moisturizers out there. I can't just buy all of them and try them every week like a wild goose chase.

Besides, I don't have a dry skin problem. In fact, my face is usually oily. So what's the point of using a moisturizer anyway? Why go through all the trouble? It doesn't make sense!

I don't get why highly intelligent and educated people like Momopi lack critical thinking skills when it comes to believing whatever we are told by corrupt sources.

My friend told me that there is a conspiracy between the skin care industry that sells sunscreen and the cancer industry that profits from it. So you'd best avoid them both altogether. My intuition felt that she was right, based on my experience and gut feeling, as well as the basic logic points outlined above.

What do you all think? Have we all been duped regarding sunscreen and facial moisturizers?

Here are some articles I found that suggest that sunscreen can actually cause skin cancer and do more harm than good. One of them is even by NBC.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28796417/ns/h ... damage-it/
http://www.naturalnews.com/001264.html
http://taraariano.com/moisturizer-the-big-lie/
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/sunsc ... cancer.htm
http://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/New ... en_01.html
http://inhabitat.com/study-suggests-tha ... in-cancer/
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/05/24/study ... ng-cancer/

If you Google "moisturizers cause acne" you will get many hits as well.