Is the medical industry affected by politics and corruption?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Is the medical industry affected by politics and corruption?

Post by Winston »

Have any of you asked your doctor the following questions before? Why is it that when I ask a doctor these questions, he/she seems uncomfortable, making me feel like I've asked a taboo question? Aren't they valid questions? Why are they such a taboo?

1. To what degree is the medical industry affected by politics, money and corruption? How does that affect the education you received in medical school?

2. If the medical industry and establishment are affected by politics, money and corruption, then how does that affect the credibility of your trusted authoritative organizations such as the NIH, FDA, CDC and AMA? How do you know you can trust those organizations? How do you know if everything they say is true, objective and unbiased?

3. Since government and authority often lie (which is very provable and documented by many examples), even in the USA, how do you know if the authoritative medical organizations mentioned above lie too? How do you know when they are being honest and when they are being deceitful?

4. Doesn't the medical industry have a conflict of interest in that if they were able to get everyone healthy or prevent all illness and disease, then they would be out of business? If so, does this conflict of interest affect the information, studies and recommendations given by the medical industry in any way?

5. Why is it that the medical establishment never recommends any natural supplements? They always claim that there is no evidence for their benefits (meaning of course, that they have no financial incentive to conduct any studies on them). But suppose there was "scientific evidence" for the benefit of a natural supplement. Would they then recommend it, and would doctors recommend it, even if there was no profit in it for the medical industry or big pharma?

6. To what extent does big pharma influence the medical establishment? What government policies or checks and balances are in place to prevent collusion between big pharma and the medical establishment and the education of doctors?

Why are doctors uncomfortable with these kind of questions? It's as if they are not programmed or trained to deal with such questions. Have you ever asked a doctor such questions before? If so, how did he/she respond?
Last edited by Winston on October 15th, 2012, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

HELL YES!!! If you haven't, I suggest you read Kevin Treadeu's book on the subject: Cures They Don't Want You To Know About. Heck, even a doctor that I know was saying to my grandma how if he were to start out today, he would not go into the medical field due to all the bueracracy. That should tell you something.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is the medical industry affected by politics and corruption?

Post by Winston »

Very incriminating evidence that the CDC is corrupt and lies.

Can We Trust the CDC? British Medical Journal Reveals CDC Lies About Ties to Big Pharma
https://vaccineimpact.com/2015/can-we-t ... ig-pharma/

So why do most people, especially Asians, think the CDC is a bastion of truth and righteousness? On what basis?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne