Low Testosterone - What to do? Take pills, shots, creams, supplements to boost it?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should you take testosterone pills like Progene?

Post by MrMan »

Winston,
If you have to pee a lot at night, that doesn't mean you have a prostate problem. The urethra goes from the bladder to the end of your you-know-what and passed through the prostate. So men with swollen prostates have a problem getting all the pee out. But if you drank a lot of fluids and have to pee a lot, that doesn't mean you have prostate problems. Some people have smaller or more sensitive bladders.

Testosterone is made in the testicles. It is a hormone that your body produces. Just think of it as some kind of liquid chemical that your body makes. The prostate is a gland, not a hormone. (Glands make hormones, but the testes make testosterone.) The prostate is that thing that pumps during an ejaculation and most of the fluid is stored there for that sort of thing. There are other glands that contribute to it as well.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Winston wrote:What do you all think of this? The TV ads claim it will help with frequent urination. But the website says nothing about it.

http://www.progene.com/about_progene/about_progene
As you age, testosterone production is known to drop by 1-2% each year. It's a natural process in men that can lead to decreased physical performace and lower energy levels.
If your you're feeling less drive and motivation, lower energy levels, less results at the gym or even lower sexual interest, Progene's unique dual action formula might be able to help you get back what you've lost.
Testosterone, it's what makes a man, a Man!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPu76wyVc0[/youtube]

Low Testosterone Quiz

http://www.progene.com/low_t/do_i_have_low_t

Testosterone Mail In Test Kit you can order online

http://www.progene.com/testosterone_test/progene_labs
Don't get labs from there, saliva/urinary labs can be reliable, but often aren't very reliable, and it's very dependent on the company. Best thing to do if you have a doctor is just ask for your a lab to check your levels and say you suspect lower testosterone. If your doctor won't do it, you can find other tests online that are blood tests you go to a lab for (Quest Diagnostics, etc) and you can see. Generally a private price for blood work is about $50-100. Obviously, too, if you have a doctor's appointment and he's testing all your blood cholesterol, triglycerides, etc levels, then just ask if you can get testosterone checked too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This Dr Eric Berg has some good advice for raising your testosterone. He sounds very credible and knowledgeable and down to earth and looks very healthy himself too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tj7VfiURuk[/youtube]

Dr. Berg talks about how to raise your testosterone.(men).

SYMPTOMS OF LOW TESTOSTERONE:
1. Prostate enlargement
2. Low Libido
3. Erectile Dysfunction (and performance)
4. Muscle Loss (loss of muscle mass)
5. Breast tissue (man boobs)
6. High voice
7. Loss of body hair (starting in lower legs)
8. Loss of vitality and energy
9. Sleeping problems
10. Belly fat
11. Loss of collagen

CAUSES:
1. High estrogen
2. Liver damage
3. High insulin
4. Low fat diets
5. Medications
6. Tap water
7. High aromatase (enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen)

SOLUTION:
1. Increase Growth Hormone (GH)
-protein (3-6 ounces)
-sleep
-intermittent fasting
2. Anti-estrogenic foods
-cruciferous (kale, broccoli, cabbage, boy choy, etc.)
3. Lower cortisol (stress hormone)
-sun (vitamin D)
-walking
-sleep more

DHT, the powerful form of testosterone is used to shrink the prostate, not enlarge it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I periodically take DHEA, but those under 40 years old should not take it.

Also, DHEA is potent so you should not take more than 5 mg a day (10mg if you are 55 or older) on a long term basis. This is difficult because most stores sell 25 mg which is insanely dangerous for long term use.

The DHEA is just a small boost of testosterone on my intense workout days due to the conversion process.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:Winston,
If you have to pee a lot at night, that doesn't mean you have a prostate problem. The urethra goes from the bladder to the end of your you-know-what and passed through the prostate. So men with swollen prostates have a problem getting all the pee out. But if you drank a lot of fluids and have to pee a lot, that doesn't mean you have prostate problems. Some people have smaller or more sensitive bladders.

Testosterone is made in the testicles. It is a hormone that your body produces. Just think of it as some kind of liquid chemical that your body makes. The prostate is a gland, not a hormone. (Glands make hormones, but the testes make testosterone.) The prostate is that thing that pumps during an ejaculation and most of the fluid is stored there for that sort of thing. There are other glands that contribute to it as well.
Polyuria in a guy in his 40s is most likely diabetes.
matiss
Freshman Poster

Post by matiss »

I have no idea about progene. I always prefer TestoGen testosterone supplement to my mates. As it is 100% safe with very effective ingredients and this testosterone booster is rated highest in google trend in 2017 and rated as the best testosterone booster on the market by toptestosteroneboosters . org
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

matiss wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 2:53 pm
I have no idea about progene. I always prefer TestoGen testosterone supplement to my mates. As it is 100% safe with very effective ingredients and this testosterone booster is rated highest in google trend in 2017 and rated as the best testosterone booster on the market by toptestosteroneboosters . org
Where do you get it? What's the cost? Is it all natural?

Does it help with frequent urination problems?

Oh I see your link. I also found this.

https://testogen.com/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you all think of prostrate supplements like these? Are they similar to testosterone supplements? Will they help you pee less at least? I hate having to get up a lot in the middle of the night to pee. What causes that?

https://www.vitacost.com/productResults ... =prostrate

onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Winston, you're in Taiwan. If you want testosterone go to a pharmacy and buy testosterone, or just buy Proviron, which is oral, and basically will raise your DHT and natural testosterone. All the herbal/etc stuff isn't scams per se, as in, it may raise testosterone by 10% or something for some people depending on the situation, but you're in Taiwan and can buy pharma testosterone for $20 or so, unlike USA where it's a lot more controlled.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by Horahngee »

tre wrote:
January 14th, 2014, 5:06 pm
If a man is truly deficient in Testosterone levels, there is NOTHING that will take the place of it....nothing. GH (even the real deal) won't help a man with severely reduced Testosterone levels. That is why it is important to have a good Life Extension doctor who will continually monitor your health and well being, including ordering regular blood work. No one here can afford REAL USP-Grade HGH anyway, it's many thousands of dollar PER MONTH. Insurance won't cover it unless you have a serious disease (ex. AIDS). Most of those younger, healthy guys that use GH are getting Chinese GH and using it illegally. Even that is expensive....
What are these "Life Extension" doctors? Are these those doctors who work in the Men's Health clinic? I see those clinics in Honolulu and here in the Seattle area. I heard a lot of bad stuff about them pushing testosterone products that cost a LOT of money.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Re: Re:

Horahngee wrote:
March 7th, 2018, 11:32 pm
tre wrote:
If a man is truly deficient in Testosterone levels, there is NOTHING that will take the place of it....nothing. GH (even the real deal) won't help a man with severely reduced Testosterone levels. That is why it is important to have a good Life Extension doctor who will continually monitor your health and well being, including ordering regular blood work. No one here can afford REAL USP-Grade HGH anyway, it's many thousands of dollar PER MONTH. Insurance won't cover it unless you have a serious disease (ex. AIDS). Most of those younger, healthy guys that use GH are getting Chinese GH and using it illegally. Even that is expensive....
What are these "Life Extension" doctors? Are these those doctors who work in the Men's Health clinic? I see those clinics in Honolulu and here in the Seattle area. I heard a lot of bad stuff about them pushing testosterone products that cost a LOT of money.
Testosterone should cost about nothing. You do a few chemical reactions to yams and soybeans and get testosterone and put it in solvents and/or oil. In most 'third world countries' it costs about a buck or less per a week replacement dose. It's only USA's laws that make free buying of pretty much any medicine besides the most basic stuff and dietary supplements that make it expensive. Even USA's pharma testosterone price is not THAT bad compared to lots of medicines, it's about $30-40 per week with no insurance depending on the brand. It's just that so many 'normal' doctors won't prescribe it and the American medical establishment is basically anti-male and anti-testosterone, so doctors that do prescribe it relatively freely like anti-aging people charge tons and tons of money for their service, sometimes a thousand a month, etc, to keep getting prescribed. To some extent these anti-aging doctors can prescribe basically any roid for the price, though, even ones not even made by a US pharma company anymore, via compounding pharmacies. Lots of bodybuilders/etc that are rich enough just get their roids this way so it's all legal, though it can be in the thousands per month.
scotmaria
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by scotmaria »

Horahngee wrote:
March 7th, 2018, 11:32 pm
tre wrote:
If a man is truly deficient in Testosterone levels, there is NOTHING that will take the place of it....nothing. GH (even the real deal) won't help a man with severely reduced Testosterone levels. That is why it is important to have a good Life Extension doctor who will continually monitor your health and well being, including ordering regular blood work. No one here can afford REAL USP-Grade HGH anyway, hgh pills it's many thousands of dollar PER MONTH. Insurance won't cover it unless you have a serious disease (ex. AIDS). Most of those younger, healthy guys that use GH are getting Chinese GH and using it illegally. Even that is expensive....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This doctor named Dr. Joel Wallach - a veterinarian and nutritionist - who advocates a paleo type diet and claims that what conventional doctors tell us about nutrition is all wrong, says here in this speech below that if you eat lots of eggs (uncooked) per day, you will maintain a high testosterone and sex drive and stay healthy. He says that high cholesterol is a myth and that cholesterol is connected to high testosterone and is thus a good thing, not something to lower. What do you think? Is he right?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Someone gave me an audio tape of this guy, Dr. Wallach, many years ago, promoting some kind of water that went through a mineral-filled underground petrified water. He used the long life expectancy of people who ate mineral laden glacial water in the mountains as an example of how healthy this was.

He also mentioned improving arthritus with knox gelatin and ulcers with pepto bismal and vitamin E. Supposedly the stomach treatment is what they use for pigs. The idea is that veterinarians give nutrician to animals to prevent diseases, and that's how they make money. Medical doctors make money by letting people get severe arthritus and doing hip replacement surgery. I don't suppose it is an intentional thing on the part of most doctors, but the incentives and system is set up that way. Many doctors do not give much thought to nutritional cures because of their training. Surgeons are trained to cut stuff out so that is how they treat problems.

A lot of stuff he says is quite compelling. I wish I could have the links to the journals he is talking about.

It does seem like he's got one perspective on all diseases. This disease--mineral deficiency. That disease-- mineral deficiency.

I saw a YouTube video a while back that says our soils are not depleted when compared to earlier in the century. Rather, there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere which causes the plants to be a lot bigger. They fill up with carbs as a reaction to the carbon dioxide, and are therefore less mineral dense. We may end up having to eat more food to get the same minerals.