How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Re: How do you get rid of a pot belly that won't go away?!

Post by mattyman »

Go low carb.

It's important to get 0.8-1.2 grams protein per kg of lean body mass. This is important for satisfaction and minimising hunger.

It's also important to turn from a 'carb burner' to a 'fat burner'. This can be done by getting the a greater ratio of your calories from fat rather than carbs.

Once you're fat adapted, you can then focus on spacing meals, reducing calories.
dancilley
Freshman Poster

Post by dancilley »

The fat you eat is the fat you wear.
JOIN MY BRAND NEW FREE SPEECH FORUM EMPHASIZING PURE VIRGIN MARRIAGE: https://dancilley.great-site.net/forum

X/Twitter: https://x.com/DanCilleyLTBLP

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@DanCilley
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Look I was right. Most men with pot bellies are never able to get rid of it. So that proves my point: If one could get rid of a pot belly or lose weight by dieting and exercising, then everyone would do that. But it's never that simple. There seems to be a script that runs reality and our destiny and our bodies and if we go against the script we lose. So we have very little control over our life, contrary to what most Americans want to think. This fitness guy agrees and says that 93 percent of men with pot bellies never get rid of it, even if they diet and exercise. Why is that? There does seem to be a script that determines things and doesn't let you change things. I'm not making excuses. Just an honest observation. Those of you who have pot bellies probably know what I mean. Have any of you ever known a man with a pot belly who completely flattened it, in real life, not on TV?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I'm pretty close to flattening my former pot belly.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Winston wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 4:47 pm
Look I was right. Most men with pot bellies are never able to get rid of it. So that proves my point: If one could get rid of a pot belly or lose weight by dieting and exercising, then everyone would do that. But it's never that simple. There seems to be a script that runs reality and our destiny and our bodies and if we go against the script we lose. So we have very little control over our life, contrary to what most Americans want to think. This fitness guy agrees and says that 93 percent of men with pot bellies never get rid of it, even if they diet and exercise. Why is that? There does seem to be a script that determines things and doesn't let you change things. I'm not making excuses. Just an honest observation. Those of you who have pot bellies probably know what I mean. Have any of you ever known a man with a pot belly who completely flattened it, in real life, not on TV?
If you're flabby and out of shape, do real training and not some bullshit fad exercise routine. By real training, I mean do intense kickboxing sessions five times a week.

Kickboxing is awesome for fitness. Not only do you spend your 1 and half hour session constantly hitting pads and sparring with your training partners but also performing bodyweight exercises and circuit training.

With kickboxing five times a week, you live like a warrior. Each day you burn off calories, train the muscles and reconstitute the body. Before long, you're much more trimmed down than before and eventually you become ripped.

I recommend kickboxing training. Martial arts training is way more fun than regular exercise. It's so fun that it doesn't even feel like training. You like martial arts, right? You even showed the People's Champion your Karate moves in a video, didn't you? Take up a martial art with a significant fitness component like Kickboxing and you should note a difference in your physique within three months. Consistency is the key.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 4:47 pm
Have any of you ever known a man with a pot belly who completely flattened it, in real life, not on TV?
My uncle did. He measured his calories to about 2000 a day. Cut out sugar and carbs. Did push-ups, cycling and bodyweight exercises. In less than a year time he became an extremely lean and muscular old man.

His pot belly was bigger than yours and he was way fatter, too.

Any non-lazy man can do it, @Winston.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some practical scientific advice about losing belly fat.

This will surprise you guys. No way!

@misterm901
1 year ago
I'm 49 & I walk 8k (4 miles) every morning and also another 4-5k (2 miles) throughout the day. It's sounds hard but can assure you it's not. Once you do it for 2 weeks you will shed inches fast and your body will get used to it. Then after the 3rd week you will see your stomach start to shrink. I lost 22lbs in 90 days doing this. However, I did cut back on sugar and stopped fried foods as well. And also drink lots of water. You have to sacrifice for what you want. Walking is natural anyways and our body needs water so that's simple. The sugar and fried foods are a mind thing. That's not as easy at it sounds but it's worth trying. Now I don't desire neither one. Either you want it or don't. It's that simple. No in betweens. Stop hoping for gimmicks. They don't work. Just walk and cut back on bad eating habits and you'll be happier than ever. When you look good you feel good

@stew6662
8 months ago (edited)
I agree with this. I walk every day about 3miles. It’s actually quite relaxing and able to catch up on listening to podcasts while I do it. I lost over 10 pounds in two months but I also cut a lot of junk food out. One thing I will stress is don’t weigh yourself for two months but instead listen to your body. Your overhall heath will start to improve and you will start noticing the difference in how your clothes feel.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 7:12 pm

Any non-lazy man can do it, @Winston.
Amen. Winston, do you really think the guy in the video is saying 93 percent of people can't get rid of a pot belly no matter what they do? Talk about projection.

Do you know what he's talking about when he speaks of "macros?" The macros are carbohydrates, protein and fat, and the ratio between them. As a vegetarian, you're loaded up on carbohydrates, and face a real challenge on getting sufficient protein and fat (yes, you need plenty of dietary fat) to allow your weight to redistribute. In another video he talks about getting a gram of protein for each pound of body weight in your target body weight, ideally distributed throughout the day. How close to that are you?

Find a way to get enough protein and fat as a vegetarian -- much easier said than done -- and then it's just a matter of sticking with some progressively intense exercise program.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 9:41 pm
Do you know what he's talking about when he speaks of "macros?" The macros are carbohydrates, protein and fat, and the ratio between them. As a vegetarian, you're loaded up on carbohydrates, and face a real challenge on getting sufficient protein and fat (yes, you need plenty of dietary fat) to allow your weight to redistribute
I'd hazard a guess that Winston gets more than enough dietary fat. People on high carb very low fat diets tend to be lean, if not all that muscular.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
August 7th, 2023, 6:24 am
gsjackson wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 9:41 pm
Do you know what he's talking about when he speaks of "macros?" The macros are carbohydrates, protein and fat, and the ratio between them. As a vegetarian, you're loaded up on carbohydrates, and face a real challenge on getting sufficient protein and fat (yes, you need plenty of dietary fat) to allow your weight to redistribute
I'd hazard a guess that Winston gets more than enough dietary fat. People on high carb very low fat diets tend to be lean, if not all that muscular.
I doubt he's getting the saturated fats he needs to redistribute his weight and lose some. Contra, of course, the standard narrative. Isn't virtually all truth?